Pre-conference picks

Mr. PeanutButter

125 Lee goes out with the season grand slam of Hodge, Most Dominant, Gorarrian, and OW

133 RBY. My heart says Fix breaks through, but my heart really wants to see him stay in college for 8 years just to be runner-up every year.

141 Matthews. It will probably be Woods or Barlett but where is the fun in that pick when you can go for the dude who just happened to run into both of last year's cinderella stories (Willits and Clarke)

149 Yianni. And I'm calling it now: he hits a lat drop at some point in the tournament.

157 Andonian. Fun! (sorry AOC/Illinois 😞)

165 Depends on seeds for the Saturday night matchup. Carr over Griffith over O'Toole over Carr

174 Starocci. This will be the bracket that blows up.

184 Brooks. Terminator. Next.

197 Dean over Beard in the finals. The entire arena is rooting for Beard and is deflated. Life sucks. Sunday's hangover will be twice as brutal knowing the bad guys won.

285 "Dark horse" Cassioppi. The bracket gods are going to shine over the weekend by giving us the two least top-tier heavyweights, Cassioppi and Schultz, go to SV2. No amount of cold spray can save the lungs in this match. Or if you want to be boring, Parris is back and will wreck the field without his big brother around to beat him up anymore.

i am an idiot on the internet

2 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

133 RBY. My heart says Fix breaks through, but my heart really wants to see him stay in college for 8 years just to be runner-up every year.

Savage 😂 

Part of me thinks RBY or Fix will get what's coming to them at NCAAs for not going hard 100% this season, but that's probably not happening. 

31 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Savage 😂 

Part of me thinks RBY or Fix will get what's coming to them at NCAAs for not going hard 100% this season, but that's probably not happening. 

I don't think Fix has sat out any duals this year.

2 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Because Vito has beaten both RBY and Fix in the past, albeit in freestyle?  And wouldn't that throw the Outstanding Wrestler award into some confusion?

The old freestyle translates to folk style debate.  Pretty sure that theory has failed more often than not. 

I'm entertaining the idea but asking for specifics as to why it'll happen.  

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Given we have no idea who is on which side of any brackets here are my pics:

125 Lee over Glory

133. RBY over Fix 

141. Woods over Bartlett

149. Yianni over Sasso

157. Humphries over Robb

165. Carr over O’Toole

174. Lewis over Starocci

184. Hidlay over Keckheisen

197. Bonaccoursi over Beard

285. Parris over Cassioppi

26 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Why Vito over RBY and Fix?  

Tbh I dont think it will happen, more like a "rooting for the underdog" pick. As for reasons to entertain: I think Vito is the only wrestler with the athleticism and skill set necessary to challenge the top two.

But, put a gun to my head (or knee) and I'd pick RBY

• Fire 1

36 minutes ago, Gus said:

I don't think Fix has sat out any duals this year.

I was thinking more like he hasn't been pushing himself or trying very hard in most of his matches. Same with RBY. 

Vito I think could outscramble RBY and Fix, and he has a little bit of a height advantage that could be problematic. I just don't know if he has the horsepower.

34 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

The old freestyle translates to folk style debate.  Pretty sure that theory has failed more often than not. 

I'm entertaining the idea but asking for specifics as to why it'll happen.  

I'm not predicting this outcome. Predictions are hard, especially about the future.

125-Glory - OW , Ayres takes his shirt off and starts running through the stands in excitement afterword , terry brands chases after him still complaining about a hands to the face in the 2nd period 

133- RBY

141- probably woods but I’ll say Alirez 

149- Yianni

157 O’Conner over Haines 

165 Griffith beats Otoole and carr and doesn’t get OW 

174 -Starrocci over Lewis in a snooze fest 

184 - Brooks 

197- Bonocorsi gasses beard into oblivion 

285 Kerk 

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

125 Lee goes out with the season grand slam of Hodge, Most Dominant, Gorarrian, and OW

141 Matthews. It will probably be Woods or Barlett but where is the fun in that pick when you can go for the dude who just happened to run into both of last year's cinderella stories (Willits and Clarke)

149 Yianni. And I'm calling it now: he hits a lat drop at some point in the tournament.

157 Andonian. Fun! (sorry AOC/Illinois 😞)

165 Depends on seeds for the Saturday night matchup. Carr over Griffith over O'Toole over Carr

174 Starocci. This will be the bracket that blows up.

184 Brooks. Terminator. Next.

197 Dean over Beard in the finals. The entire arena is rooting for Beard and is deflated. Life sucks. Sunday's hangover will be twice as brutal knowing the bad guys won.

285 "Dark horse" Cassioppi. The bracket gods are going to shine over the weekend by giving us the two least top-tier heavyweights, Cassioppi and Schultz, go to SV2. No amount of cold spray can save the lungs in this match. Or if you want to be boring, Parris is back and will wreck the field without his big brother around to beat him up anymore.

Vito may win 33!