CORNELL/ OHIO STATE dual...

D3 for LU

18 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Spent the day with the table saw instead of this. I win.

14 minutes ago, AKHUNTER said:

well...... only if you still have all your fingers😁

5 minutes ago, Crotalus said:
14 minutes ago, AKHUNTER said:

I think he'd still have won even if he lost one or two.

How many fingers needed to still raise a bourbon glass, prob Wkn's good day/bad day indifference point.  

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Spent the day with the table saw instead of this. I win.

I was doing trim work with my buddy when he cut off his middle and ring fingers. His wedding band dropped straight through the saw while his fingers shot off into the bushes. We found them all.

When I slap his hand I say, "Gimme three."  I'm grateful there isn't more to your story. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

All digits intact. But to quote one of my kids, "it's not a project until dad is bleeding." One busted knuckle, so it's a project.

So it sounds like someone was keeping score, if a running clock display then you were two steps ahead of Cornell.  Next time alert Flo so we can all tune in to get value from our subscription.  

On 2/18/2023 at 3:24 PM, Plasmodium said:

Can any Cornell folks shed light on Colton Yapoujian's status?

Can only tell you what seems obvious: he came into Cornell as a great recruit and when healthy has been a really good, if defensively-oriented, wrestler. Unfortunately, he's rarely healthy and had two seasons in a row cut short by injury and though he was technically healthy to start the year, he wasn't wrestling up to his prior results. It's unclear if there was a distinct injury this year or if he just isn't all the way back, but after the Princeton dual Handlovic has stepped in as the starter.

As for the Cornell-tOSU dual, the only interesting matches were at 174* and 184 where both sides sent out backups.** Two well-matched fights that went down to the wire. As I said on the Cornell board, very cool in a Daktronics Open kind of way. 

133 was the only worthwhile fight in terms of national implications and Arujau wasn't tested. 

* Cornell got called out for sitting so many guys but Ohio State also sat Kharchla, Smith and Hoffman. Neither coach put anyone at risk with the exception of 133. 

** Hatcher is technically the Cornell starter but only because of Loew's shoulder injury.

3 hours ago, ugarles said:

Can only tell you what seems obvious: he came into Cornell as a great recruit and when healthy has been a really good, if defensively-oriented, wrestler. Unfortunately, he's rarely healthy and had two seasons in a row cut short by injury and though he was technically healthy to start the year, he wasn't wrestling up to his prior results. It's unclear if there was a distinct injury this year or if he just isn't all the way back, but after the Princeton dual Handlovic has stepped in as the starter.

As for the Cornell-tOSU dual, the only interesting matches were at 174* and 184 where both sides sent out backups.** Two well-matched fights that went down to the wire. As I said on the Cornell board, very cool in a Daktronics Open kind of way. 

133 was the only worthwhile fight in terms of national implications and Arujau wasn't tested. 

* Cornell got called out for sitting so many guys but Ohio State also sat Kharchla, Smith and Hoffman. Neither coach put anyone at risk with the exception of 133. 

** Hatcher is technically the Cornell starter but only because of Loew's shoulder injury.

Thanks.   He is from my area and I'd like to see him succeed.  Hope to see him finish healthy.

• Fire 1

On 2/18/2023 at 7:27 PM, Major Kong said:

Well, at least we converted the casual fans with that stellar presentation of wrestling - converted them to never again. 

World, here we come!

How many "casual fans" do you think ponied up the $150 for a Flo subscription that was needed to view this event?  I'm guessing zero.

1 hour ago, BigRedFan said:

How many "casual fans" do you think ponied up the $150 for a Flo subscription that was needed to view this event?  I'm guessing zero.

Good point. But it certainly turns fans (further) off to one of the major players in promoting wrestling - Flo, which is not good in itself.