US's problem with the Chinese balloon

mspart

19 hours ago, El Luchador said:

This would explain why Trump famously refused to read the Presidential daily intelligence briefings. He rejected one of the key functions of his leadership role, instead passing off intelligence issues to the Senate to deal with.

Instead, he chose to watch morning TV and tweet about it. Then roll into the Oval Office around noon.

Thank God those days are over.

Anybody trying to still defend Trump should just get over it. He was the most incompetent president we've ever had.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth
  • Fire 1

11 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

This would explain why Trump famously refused to read the Presidential daily intelligence briefings. He rejected one of the key functions of his leadership role, instead passing off intelligence issues to the Senate to deal with.

Instead, he chose to watch morning TV and tweet about it. Then roll into the Oval Office around noon.

Thank God those days are over.

Anybody trying to still defend Trump should just get over it. He was the most incompetent president we've ever had.

Yet created economic records year after year.  Also he didn't need the Easter Bunny to baby sit. And he never shit his pants in front of the Pope. So maybe there's one or 2 worse.

Edited by El Luchador
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

Yet created economic records year after year.  Also he didn't need the Easter Bunny to baby sit. And he never shit his pants in front of the Pope. So maybe there's one or 2 worse.

LOL   Let's not talk about the pope.  What goes in Vatican stays in Vatican.  I'm more interested in Bob Woodward!

10 hours ago, El Luchador said:

But he didn't. Trump didn't create any positive economic change at all. He mostly watched TV, tweeted about it, and focused on his rallies. 

He signed whatever the Senate put in front of him like a trained monkey. He created almost nothing. What he did create was the failed "build wall/walls work" policy, and various ways to charge the taxpayers like us for government activity in his hotels and golf courses.

LIke any experienced grifter, he claimed credit for whatever good was happening, and denied responsibility for whatever bad was happening.

As far as personal attacks? Not going there. Both Biden and Trump have more than enough personal faults. Not lowering the conversation to that level. I'm more interested in the role they have both been elected to perform.

This is just what it was. If you missed any of this, you weren't paying attention. That's understandable, we are all busy and few of us work in DC. But that doesn't change the lack of leadership that it was.

3 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

But he didn't. Trump didn't create any positive economic change at all. He mostly watched TV, tweeted about it, and focused on his rallies. 

He signed whatever the Senate put in front of him like a trained monkey. He created almost nothing. What he did create was the failed "build wall/walls work" policy, and various ways to charge the taxpayers like us for government activity in his hotels and golf courses.

LIke any experienced grifter, he claimed credit for whatever good was happening, and denied responsibility for whatever bad was happening.

As far as personal attacks? Not going there. Both Biden and Trump have more than enough personal faults. Not lowering the conversation to that level. I'm more interested in the role they have both been elected to perform.

This is just what it was. If you missed any of this, you weren't paying attention. That's understandable, we are all busy and few of us work in DC. But that doesn't change the lack of leadership that it was.

The fact of the time are the facts. If you can't see the effects of his policies then you are wearing blinders. If you are from DC then it fully explains your bias. He put America 1st and he secured the border. You can debate weather or not that was a good thing but notthat it wasn't at least a partial accomplishment. I seriously doubt anyone would argue the current border situation is positive without being a partisan hack.

The fact of the time are the facts. If you can't see the effects of his policies then you are wearing blinders. If you are from DC then it fully explains your bias. He put America 1st and he secured the border. You can debate weather or not that was a good thing but notthat it wasn't at least a partial accomplishment. I seriously doubt anyone would argue the current border situation is positive without being a partisan hack.

Would you care to back up “secured the border” with numbers, or are you just making that up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

Except you are wrong multiple times here - I'm not biased, I just had to live through it like all of the rest of us:

• "He" had nearly zero policies other than to follow the Republican party's lead. No blinders here, "his" policies were either to delegate party policy or to engage in his personal pursuits. That was it. His leadership was nonexistent.
  • "America 1st" was nothing more than a silly marketing slogan to get him elected. Of course, we all want to put America 1st - all of us. But it is an interweaved complex world we live in that makes it difficult - if not impossible - to separate us from the rest of the word. We're all on the same planet together, so we all need to succeed together. Shutting us off from the rest of the world is what a country like China has done - didn't work out well for them.
  • "Secured the border" - Um, no. The border wasn't secured in the 70's, and it isn't secured now. Trump didn't secure the border any more or less than anyone in over 50 yrs. Because it's especially hard, with no easy solutions. "Build wall" isn't/wasn't/will-never-be a solution. That much is obvious, we all know that.

It is just complete foolishness to even suggest his border policies weren't better than the current situation which is nothing less than a humanitarian crisis. My God only an idiot could be blind enough to try and make that argument. You'd look more legitimate arguing the sky is pink, at least it would be reasonable to a blind man. 

When Trump said that illegal immigrants were not welcome, less came.

When Trump said to make it in America, businesses started coming back.

We have infinite goals and policies at my employer but what gets the most attention is whatever the big man talks about most.

Well I'll be dammed, Joe wanted to shoot the thing down and was told by the pentagon not to. Also turns out the balloon had communications spying equipment. 

It’s almost like ELINT/SIGINT/COMINT/EW experts at the NRO, NSA, DIA and within the DOD know what they are doing and talked the CinC into doing the right thing.

I actually disagree.  It could have been easily taken down safely. But no matter what was done someone would have bitched.

Do you have any experience in the fields above that would make you qualified to express any opinion at all about the technological exploitation of any kind of device of this nature?

58 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Do you have any experience in the fields above that would make you qualified to express any opinion at all about the technological exploitation of any kind of device of this nature?

That's a pretty high bar for this crowd.