US's problem with the Chinese balloon

mspart

4 hours ago, Le duke said:

Do you have any experience in the fields above that would make you qualified to express any opinion at all about the technological exploitation of any kind of device of this nature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some what. I have some certification and licenses, and experiences that I'm pulling from.

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

He’s either worked/works for the DoD in an intel field, or he hasn’t/doesn’t.

If either of you had any first hand knowledge in intelligence or DoD you'd be smart enough to realize no one here is actually solving the world's problems but by all means, please continue.

• Fire 2

15 hours ago, jross said:
  1. When Trump said that illegal immigrants were not welcome, less came.
  2. When Trump said to make it in America, businesses started coming back.
  3. We have infinite goals and policies at my employer but what gets the most attention is whatever the big man talks about most.

1. You're wrong there - When Trump became president, more came. He even declared it a national emergency and he was unable to stop the migration. (Not a surprise, since nobody has been able to do that in 50+ years)

2. Nope - Trump made that claim, but almost none of them did. Promises were made, and early all were cancelled.

3. Infinitely ridiculous - If your employer gives attention to the 'fat orange guy' and his awful rants. Find a new job.

12 hours ago, Le duke said:

He’s either worked/works for the DoD in an intel field, or he hasn’t/doesn’t.

I'm talking from the technical side not intelligence.  Intelligence literally would have nothing to do with the ability to safely take down a balloon. 

8 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

2. Nope - Trump made that claim, but almost none of them did. Promises were made, and early all were cancelled.

3. Infinitely ridiculous - If your employer gives attention to the 'fat orange guy' and his awful rants. Find a new job.

The business leader (big man/CEO/LOB leader) of my employer voices the company's focus and we employees execute on it. The same concept should have applied to the president's call to keep jobs in America.

To boost manufacturing jobs, regulations need reduced to make costs [per employee, compare other countries] in the USA competitive with other countries. Who wouldn't want to reduce $14K to $35K of expenses per employee (see image below)?

While private company data makes it difficult to track investment changes, at least 30 companies cited the President's policies, lower regulatory costs, and the desire to invest more in the U.S. as factors contributing to increased stateside investment.  Carrier, Dell, etc.

image.png.e4edc64121a0bd61c4f53b55ae98ebc5.png

18 minutes ago, jross said:

The business leader (big man/CEO/LOB leader) of my employer voices the company's focus and we employees execute on it. The same concept should have applied to the president's call to keep jobs in America.

To boost manufacturing jobs, regulations need reduced to make costs [per employee, compare other countries] in the USA competitive with other countries. Who wouldn't want to reduce $14K to $35K of expenses per employee (see image below)?

While private company data makes it difficult to track investment changes, at least 30 companies cited the President's policies, lower regulatory costs, and the desire to invest more in the U.S. as factors contributing to increased stateside investment.  Carrier, Dell, etc.

image.png.e4edc64121a0bd61c4f53b55ae98ebc5.png

What are those costs?  Largely environmental and employee safety, I'll guess.

• Fire 2