Looks like we have a new winner for dirtiest wrestler

1 hour ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Interesting take. But my comment was about future athletes that might find their way on a forum for similar reasons. If that was confusing to you, I apologies.

If you want to break the news of a kid being a kid or a dog biting man, there is nothing I can do to stop you. What you get out of pointing a microscope at a kid, I don't know if I'll ever understand. My questions were about the current situation that has already been thoroughly spoken of in public. It seemed as if there is no additional harm to consider cutting the kid some slack. 

Thanks for the attempted 'dunk' though. Are you satisfied with my responses?  

You were responding to a post about Desanto and Fernandes...so yeah, nothing there about future athletes....at all. 

Perhaps. you should be more clear in your posts about ....everything. If you think that my response was  and attempted dunki on you, you probably should put some big boy pants on before continuing on this forum.  

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

4 minutes ago, Idaho said:

You were responding to a post about Desanto and Fernandes...so yeah, nothing there about future athletes....at all. 

Perhaps. you should be more clear in your posts about ....everything. If you think that my response was  and attempted dunki on you, you probably should put some big boy pants on before continuing on this forum.  

What if we shit our big boy pants?

Asking for a friend.

Also, unrelated: I am not allowed to drink Jägermeister on an empty stomach sans Red Bull anymore.

• Haha 3

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

He grabs the top of his foot.

That's what I saw in slow mo... his hand cupped across the top of foot and he doesn't even do anything with it. Barrone was barely limping when he walked off. 

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Asking for a friend.

Also, unrelated: I am not allowed to drink Jägermeister on an empty stomach sans Red Bull anymore.

bigger big boy pants....always keep an extra pair in the car.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Asking for a friend.

So many bad choices in a single sentence. I have a similar sentence in my life.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

So many bad choices in a single sentence. I have a similar sentence in my life.

Over the holidays I had seven of these sentences.

When they advertise 'Lifetime supply' they don't actually mean for the rest of your life.

Fake news.

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

I was responding to someone asking who they wanted to include in this conversation, now. Are you interested in throwing more kids under the bus for the gratification of strangers?  I personally don't think that's a good idea.  Again, that could've been misinterpreted from the original post. A simple fix would've been to ask instead of showing your ass. 

Considering I am correcting you for the second time. You were mistaken as to my point. Instead of asking clarifying questions to figure it out. You assumed you knew what I meant and tried to turn it around on me in a rather aggressive manner. That was unnecessary. Now if you are offended that your words were taken out of context you could try to clarify. But it doesn't seem like you'll be interested in clearing things up. Considering that having the opportunity you doubled down. If antagonizing someone is the only way you know of to handle a disagreement I feel bad for you. It seems exhausting to have only one reaction to adversity. Best of luck.  

I imagine you'll respond with another attempt to demean me personally. Because that's how you reacted to the pushback you received. If I had to guess its a pattern. Trying to reason with you may be fruitless. But I'll take swing at it and see if you are interested in plotting a different course. 

However it seems as if you are taking this topic personally and that may have effected your response or the interpretation of mine. I'm sorry if I offended you by asking that we take it easy on a child. If you feel differently I would love to hear your side. 

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

That's what I saw in slow mo... his hand cupped across the top of foot and he doesn't even do anything with it. Barrone was barely limping when he walked off. 

Like a Beatles song, there was a Twist and Shout. You can either see it, or pretend not to see it. That's up to you. 

I just provided a real world example of frustration leading to muddled choices. Perhaps y'all need to read up on the Streisand Effect

While wrestling, I liked to find the gray area. If an opponent had an elbow pad on, I would start in the top position on the opposite side of it, then chop that elbow to break him down. A knee pad was a target for my singles, just like a taped up foot was the ankle I wanted to pick. Those were all legal moves, though.

Like the real world. Like a Cheetah chasing down the oldest and lamest gazebo. 

I mean gazelle. I just wanted to add some excitement to the life of our board pedants. 

4 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

I was responding to someone asking who they wanted to include in this conversation, now. Are you interested in throwing more kids under the bus for the gratification of strangers?  I personally don't think that's a good idea.  Again, that could've been misinterpreted from the original post. A simple fix would've been to ask instead of showing your ass. 

Considering I am correcting you for the second time. You were mistaken as to my point. Instead of asking clarifying questions to figure it out. You assumed you knew what I meant and tried to turn it around on me in a rather aggressive manner. That was unnecessary. Now if you are offended that your words were taken out of context you could try to clarify. But it doesn't seem like you'll be interested in clearing things up. Considering that having the opportunity you doubled down. If antagonizing someone is the only way you know of to handle a disagreement I feel bad for you. It seems exhausting to have only one reaction to adversity. Best of luck.  

I imagine you'll respond with another attempt to demean me personally. Because that's how you reacted to the pushback you received. If I had to guess its a pattern. Trying to reason with you may be fruitless. But I'll take swing at it and see if you are interested in plotting a different course. 

However it seems as if you are taking this topic personally and that may have effected your response or the interpretation of mine. I'm sorry if I offended you by asking that we take it easy on a child. If you feel differently I would love to hear your side. 

You are obviously new here.

Idaho isn't taking anything you have said personal.  Neither would I.  Neither would most of the people reading this thread.

You on the other hand have obviously taken the inclusion of an adult who is on his fifth year out of high school as well as other adults names who are well out of high school in the inclusion of a 'douche-baggery' of sorts list personally.

Are you one of them or are you a fan of one of them?  It seems odd that you would not want the topic of dirty wrestlers discussed being as it could potentially raise awareness of certain wrestlers and their sly schemes.

These forums are made for dunking and you have been dunked on several times now.

If you need the last word, I can let you have it.  Otherwise, you might want to move yourself along, son.  You're in the deep waters and you don't know how to doggy paddle yet, bud.

• Fire 2

It seems to me that the fact that people are talking about the possibility that this student athlete might find a team to wrestle for in NAIA illustrates why continuing discussion of the issue (on a wrestling board) is not gratuitous.  Not only would allowing him to injure another victim be immoral, one would think it would also expose the new university to substantial liability.  

• Fire 3

No,  you were responding to @nhs67 in regards to .... here it is below...exactly what he said and exactly what you said. 

Show me the kids who I threw under the bus in my interactions with you please. 

You haven't  corrected me and I was not mistaken... you are a bad communicator. Look below again in what was said and how you responded. 

I'm not offended.... just confused why you think grown college men are considered a child? 

Do you really think my response to you at the bottom is an "aggressive manner" and  "antagonizing someone"?  

6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

So now that DeSanto and Fernandes are no longer on any collegiate wrestling roster... who takes the cake now?

With all due respects, I do hope that Fernandes gets the help he needs and doesn't just end up at some NAIA school looking for a natty next season and that if he does get some sort of suspension that whatever NAIA program he (might) does end up at honors the NCAA suspension.

Not sure what ramifications there actually will be.  If none, there is nothing stopping him from transferring out right now.

5 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Or... and hear me out... we don't talk about it in a public forum. We can just take it straight to the coach or AD via email. Letting them know your concern(with any video evidence you've accumulated) and that an athlete of theirs is garnering attention for a reason that might be embarrassing for the school and the program. If things have not grown to a fever pitch it would be nice to give them an opportunity to address the issue quietly. Probably better for the athlete too. 

Follow up question: is a suspension an adequate punishment? Would that fact that he now has to live with this the rest of his career/life, enough? Any coach that takes him on, I imagine/hope, will be aware of his past. 

5 hours ago, Idaho said:

So you advocate not talking about it in a public forum.... then ask questions to talk about it in a public forum.... Did miss something? 

You have good intentions.... but I'm pretty sure that by the time you email the coach with video they are probably in themselves, that the issue has already garnered attention. 

• Fire 3

Posted (edited)

I was responding to someone asking who they wanted to include in this conversation, now. Are you interested in throwing more kids under the bus for the gratification of strangers?  I personally don't think that's a good idea. 

Meh, if this was a high school forum I’d agree with you, but these guys really aren’t “kids.”

Was it not okay to talk about Fernandes either or where does the line start?

Edited by 1032004

8 hours ago, nhs67 said:

These forums are made for dunking and you have been dunked on several times now.

Hold up what about the Ban Basketball movement? I'm behind the times... someone give me a jagerbomb!

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

i am an idiot on the internet

19 hours ago, nhs67 said:

You are obviously new here.

Idaho isn't taking anything you have said personal.  Neither would I.  Neither would most of the people reading this thread.

You on the other hand have obviously taken the inclusion of an adult who is on his fifth year out of high school as well as other adults names who are well out of high school in the inclusion of a 'douche-baggery' of sorts list personally.

Are you one of them or are you a fan of one of them?  It seems odd that you would not want the topic of dirty wrestlers discussed being as it could potentially raise awareness of certain wrestlers and their sly schemes.

If you need the last word, I can let you have it.  Otherwise, you might want to move yourself along, son.  You're in the deep waters and you don't know how to doggy paddle yet, bud.

So being a douche is a prerequisite? Interesting. 

Big, anonymous, words from such a tiny person. Have at it. Swim in the crap with everyone else. I'll keep trying to toss you a pool noodle in the hopes you realize how toxic you are, but since I know what you're going to do to yourself with it... 

Take the high road everyone. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Idaho said:

No,  you were responding to @nhs67 in regards to .... here it is below...exactly what he said and exactly what you said. 

Show me the kids who I threw under the bus in my interactions with you please. 

You haven't  corrected me and I was not mistaken... you are a bad communicator. Look below again in what was said and how you responded. 

I'm not offended.... just confused why you think grown college men are considered a child? 

Do you really think my response to you at the bottom is an "aggressive manner" and  "antagonizing someone"?  

You obviously don't 'know' but I imagine you'll continue believing it. Can't help you there. 

Didn't say you did or were. My objection was to continue the conversation at all. Potentially bringing more KIDS and they are kids, under the spot light for the hyenas to jump on. (the kid obviously has issues, what do you get for exposing them to the world? its not interesting or news its just something you can point to and say this is what's making me mad today as if you need a reason, if you just want to be mad then be mad, i'd talk to someone cuz its seems like that could be an issue in and of itself, but he's not a kardashian or a politician. Is what he did wrong? yes. Should the coach have stepped in to stop it the second time? yes. Should that coach be reprimanded or made to answer for his in/actions? yes, other then that what is the point? you're piling on a kid and getting quite heated that someone would disagree with you or the group you support. Sounds a bit like guilt or shame to me. could be wrong. long parenthetical here aaaaaaaand... stop)

I understand it seems you would rather yell and pout instead of ask questions for clarity. Fine. Be a victim on someone's behalf if that's what you are in to. If you were really interested, you'd ask instead of continue to make errant claims. 

You obviously are offended. Your posts are dripping with it. You're itching for a fight. I'll bet you get all tingly when you pull the site back up. Hoping for a response so you can stay agitated. Does the calm give you anxiety? Like the something worse is coming so you need to create conflict where there is none. Again, that sounds exhausting. I suggest mediation and deep breathing. 

Text is not a great medium to infer intent. You've done that a few times. Try another tactic if you want a different result. If you want a different result that is. GL. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Meh, if this was a high school forum I’d agree with you, but these guys really aren’t “kids.”

Was it not okay to talk about Fernandes either or where does the line start?

He's not a fully formed adult yet and by his actions he's not able to regulate his emotions or responses. Something akin to how a kid would react. So ya, I think kids still applies. 

In  perfect world we wouldn't need to put this out into a public forum where arm chair qb's can have a turn and perpetuate the outrage culture we have. The coach could've stepped in and done something. The parents could've gotten the kid some help. 

I understand the reaction to be mad. I was mad. It would seem something so obvious to 'me'(we all like to think everyone thinks or feels like we do) is obvious to everyone. The ref didn't think so at the time. Was he wrong or not in a position to see it clearly? Maybe. Are there things going or went on in that kid's life that might explain his reaction? Probably. Does he understand them or have control of them? Seemingly not. I simply suggest to take a breath and hold off on condemning the kid in a public forum. Because as we've seen in other situations, there is a greater than 0% chance that someone takes it too far. I just urge caution because of that. That's all.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

You obviously don't 'know' but I imagine you'll continue believing it. Can't help you there. 

Didn't say you did or were. My objection was to continue the conversation at all. Potentially bringing more KIDS and they are kids, under the spot light for the hyenas to jump on. (the kid obviously has issues, what do you get for exposing them to the world? its not interesting or news its just something you can point to and say this is what's making me mad today as if you need a reason, if you just want to be mad then be mad, i'd talk to someone cuz its seems like that could be an issue in and of itself, but he's not a kardashian or a politician. Is what he did wrong? yes. Should the coach have stepped in to stop it the second time? yes. Should that coach be reprimanded or made to answer for his in/actions? yes, other then that what is the point? you're piling on a kid and getting quite heated that someone would disagree with you or the group you support. Sounds a bit like guilt or shame to me. could be wrong. long parenthetical here aaaaaaaand... stop)

I understand it seems you would rather yell and pout instead of ask questions for clarity. Fine. Be a victim on someone's behalf if that's what you are in to. If you were really interested, you'd ask instead of continue to make errant claims. 

You obviously are offended. Your posts are dripping with it. You're itching for a fight. I'll bet you get all tingly when you pull the site back up. Hoping for a response so you can stay agitated. Does the calm give you anxiety? Like the something worse is coming so you need to create conflict where there is none. Again, that sounds exhausting. I suggest mediation and deep breathing. 

Text is not a great medium to infer intent. You've done that a few times. Try another tactic if you want a different result. If you want a different result that is. GL. 

This is hilarious! 

14 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

He's not a fully formed adult yet and by his actions he's not able to regulate his emotions or responses. Something akin to how a kid would react. So ya, I think kids still applies. 

In  perfect world we wouldn't need to put this out into a public forum where arm chair qb's can have a turn and perpetuate the outrage culture we have. The coach could've stepped in and done something. The parents could've gotten the kid some help. 

I understand the reaction to be mad. I was mad. It would seem something so obvious to 'me'(we all like to think everyone thinks or feels like we do) is obvious to everyone. The ref didn't think so at the time. Was he wrong or not in a position to see it clearly? Maybe. Are there things going or went on in that kid's life that might explain his reaction? Probably. Does he understand them or have control of them? Seemingly not. I simply suggest to take a breath and hold off on condemning the kid in a public forum. Because as we've seen in other situations, there is a greater than 0% chance that someone takes it too far. I just urge caution because of that. That's all.

This is also hilarious!  Thank you for brightening my day! 

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

This is hilarious! 

This is also hilarious!  Thank you for brightening my day! 

Thanks.

But seriously, try to leave kids alone. They don't deserve or benefit from mob justice. As satisfying as it might be for you or others in this forum. 

So you’re saying we shouldn’t have even talked about Fernandes?

One other thing to note, it seemed his mom at least didn’t think he needed any help…

22 hours ago, nhs67 said:

What does 'I love Bob Dole' as someone's title mean?

It means:

a) they are a Republican,

b) live in Russell Kansas,

c) can always type & edit their post within 15 minutes or 

d) all of the above.  

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

So you’re saying we shouldn’t have even talked about Fernandes?

One other thing to note, it seemed his mom at least didn’t think he needed any help…

Yes, soon to be 23 year old Baylor Fernandes, who has been DQ 6 times, injured Lillard whose mom says he is in full knee brace and on crutches while consulting doctors about surgery, who was also removed from the UNC wrestling team because of his actions..... who apparently is still a child.  So be nice. 

19 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Yes, soon to be 23 year old Baylor Fernandes, who has been DQ 6 times, injured Lillard whose mom says he is in full knee brace and on crutches while consulting doctors about surgery, who was also removed from the UNC wrestling team because of his actions..... who apparently is still a child.  So be nice. 

You are irrevocably true, obviously.

• Fire 1

48 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I'm sorry that you feel you need to personally hold them accountable or have so much contempt for anyone who, isn't coming to his defense mind you, is just reminding the mob that we should hesitate to pile on a young adult(if this helps you process it) for the actions that he clearly has little to no control of and for reasons you know nothing about but are happy to judge. 

Your approach is toxic and while its probably satisfying to you, as you imagine hurting people is satisfying to others(see the parallel yet?), it isn't actually doing any good(you, him, or us. whether you care or not, I find it important to point out the pointlessness of your vendetta). It seems as if you are incapable of seeing nuance in a situation that probably has much that we don't see. Taking a step back and regulating your emotions would probably help you process the facts a bit better and help you come to a more rational conclusion. In that, if this were you, and you weren't aware of the causes or, dare I say 'triggers' that make you become unglued. You probably wouldn't appreciate strangers talking about it and scheming to derail any plans you might have for perusing an athletic career at another school. The kid in a brace, might be able to make a case of negligence against the school. Also get his medical needs paid in full for a few years after they graduate. Hope they recover fully and can compete again soon. 

Now I totally expect you to ignore everything I wrote as 'hilarious'. If so, great. Glad I could help. Or pick one small issue to dunk on and claim victory. I really have no point to this paragraph just my attempt to predict your(or your partner's) response. Because you are cliches and thankfully a dying breed. 

It takes a village. Learning to ask for help and advocating for your needs, be it physical, emotional, or mental is difficult but important with lots of upside. We tend to try to fight these battles on our own. We don't need to. Find someone you trust that can help. Its worth it.