How smart is the Okie state staff

MizzouFan01

10 hours ago, ionel said:

And maybe the family just wanted to get out of Illinois, can you blame them?  🤔

I one could say the grass is greener in Stillwater. No pot shots needed just trying to weed out the haters before this thread goes up in smoke like a cheerleader sneaking a cigarette in the bathroom in between plays that gets caught by the principal. 

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

10 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Can someone explain this to me though? How is the school saving money?

I can see how the student would be. Say you get 50%...does it really matter to the program or the school from their end?

As others have said its going to save money somewhere in the program or university.  In the case of OSU, pretty sure they have the scholarships endowed.  Now might depend on exactly what is endowed, is it just scholarship or scholarship plus expenses.  If moving one athlete from out of state to instate then drawing only half as much from the income off the endowment so the savings can go back in to grow the endowment investment or perhaps being used for an expense category, gear, meals etc. which might be more fungible.  

9 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

I one could say the grass is greener in Stillwater. No pot shots needed just trying to weed out the haters before this thread goes up in smoke like a cheerleader sneaking a cigarette in the bathroom in between plays that gets caught by the principal. 

A rather dopey take there but think i see what you are smoking.

🚭

Edited by ionel

23 minutes ago, LJB said:

i've known kids who as part of their "deal" were given in-state tuition for an out of state institution...

A person who may or may not live in my household basically gets in-state tuition at his out-of-state school as part of his particular deal.  Our local state school would cost him something like $8,000 more.

4 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

That completely changes the tone and look of this. 

Caveat.   I think it was in a minnow post fwiw.   So it may be nonsense.   But it is a simpler answer to all the speculation above.   If he’s going to oksu… and cannot wrestle in il I guess let’s go to okla sooner.  

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Caveat.   I think it was in a minnow post fwiw.   So it may be nonsense.   But it is a simpler answer to all the speculation above.   If he’s going to oksu… and cannot wrestle in il I guess let’s go to okla sooner.  

completely different place, he ain't going there

I never heard there were issues with staff at Lockport so with the acknowledgment of the Minnow asterisk*. This actually makes sense. Though one would wish better judgement 

Minnow is really a bad person for spreading a lot of the stuff he spreads, especially when it is often untrue.

9 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

Though one would wish better judgement 

i would have praised Odin and prepared a grand feast of Tanngrisnir and Tanngnjóstrthat that all of you would have been invited to if a little vape was the worst lapse in judgement any of mine ever displayed...

i am 50 and if i don't make at least one suspect decision a month, i will go get myself kicked out of an applebee's just to feel like i am still a little punk rock...

the little i have been around him, i like brayden... the boys like him... i will cut him a little slack...

• Fire 1

28 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Minnow is really a bad person for spreading a lot of the stuff he spreads, especially when it is often untrue.

Especially if/when he is spreading incorrect info about high school kids/minors.  

24 minutes ago, LJB said:

i would have praised Odin and prepared a grand feast of Tanngrisnir and Tanngnjóstrthat that all of you would have been invited to if a little vape was the worst lapse in judgement any of mine ever displayed...

i am 50 and if i don't make at least one suspect decision a month, i will go get myself kicked out of an applebee's just to feel like i am still a little punk rock...

the little i have been around him, i like brayden... the boys like him... i will cut him a little slack...

That’s why I simply said I would hope for better judgement. As in don’t smoke at school. Especially because I would be very confident it wasn’t the first time he got caught. 

The discussion I’ve had with several of my athletes has been “why would you smoke in school or listen to that person”. As in the common sense/“street smarts aspect. Long before the morality clause of it.

Funny/sad story, one of my kids got caught smoking in school, not just school but in the wrestling room. So I was mildly irritated with him. Dude gets hit by a car a day later by an idiot driver. Kid still tries to go to practice because he didn’t want me more upset with him. After I made sure he was okay and in hospital. I’ve tried to make sure to have perspective 

I have never heard anything bad about him either. And I’ve heard plenty about top kids in the state.

• Fire 1