The GOAT Iowa wrestler is from PA = makes me smile

Jimmy Cinnabon

lee has not done near enough internationally to even be in the discussion as greatest Iowa wrestler ever...

not even close...

anyone claiming such should have their hair rustled and sent out to clean up the backyard...

sadly, i am not sure he will ever do enough in real wrestling to even warrant a side note...

i would love to be wrong on this...

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

This doesn't make sense. If you were actually from Utah, and Utah were actually a rival of Pennsylvania in terms of wrestling I might buy it.

Also, GOAT Coach and GOAT Wrestler are two very different things.  

Formal logic, Pastry style.  That's some deep stuff.  I may have to reconsider the validity of my college education...

4 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Newsflash - Cael Sanderson is the GOAT of Iowa wrestling.  Go Utah! 

Yep... It brings a smile to my face that PSU and Iowa fans consider Cael the GOAT and he is from the West. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

If I am not mistaken, everyone from everywhere considers him the GOAT.

He had tons of wins and zero losses. Those with minds that lean toward statistics will say he's the GOAT.

Does that tell the whole story? Not really. I would say he's the "winning'est" of all time, or maybe something like that.

You could make a case for quite a few other wrestlers as GOAT's. I won't name names. We've been down that road many, many times, no need to travel it again.

Point is - I don't consider Cael the GOAT. One of the tops of all time, yes. Not necessarily the pinnacle. Room on the pinnacle for more guys.

So... not everyone from everywhere.

8 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

He had tons of wins and zero losses. Those with minds that lean toward statistics will say he's the GOAT.

Does that tell the whole story? Not really. I would say he's the "winning'est" of all time, or maybe something like that.

You could make a case for quite a few other wrestlers as GOAT's. I won't name names. We've been down that road many, many times, no need to travel it again.

Point is - I don't consider Cael the GOAT. One of the tops of all time, yes. Not necessarily the pinnacle. Room on the pinnacle for more guys.

So... not everyone from everywhere.

It reads like you don't have a singular GOAT, but rather a top tier. If so, who is in that tier?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

54 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

It reads like you don't have a singular GOAT, but rather a top tier. If so, who is in that tier?

As I had posted...

"You could make a case for quite a few other wrestlers as GOAT's. I won't name names. We've been down that road many, many times, no need to travel it again."

2 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

As I had posted...

"You could make a case for quite a few other wrestlers as GOAT's. I won't name names. We've been down that road many, many times, no need to travel it again."

You seemed like you wanted to be asked, or else why bring it up?

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

17 hours ago, LJB said:

lee has not done near enough internationally to even be in the discussion as greatest Iowa wrestler ever...

not even close...

anyone claiming such should have their hair rustled and sent out to clean up the backyard...

sadly, i am not sure he will ever do enough in real wrestling to even warrant a side note...

i would love to be wrong on this...

Iowa is a college, and if the discussion is GOAT college wrestler, Lee will be the GOAT if he wins the title this year.