Southern Scuffle

MizzouFan01

Coach Smith said they’re fighting sickness and/or nagging injuries. Apparently only returning AA’s are susceptible to such ailments. Someone call Dr Fauci out of retirement, this phenomenon can probably be prevented with proper masking. 

Edited by Tigerfan
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Tigerfan said:

Coach Smith said they’re fighting sickness and/or nagging injuries. Apparently only returning AA’s are susceptible to such ailments. Someone call Dr Fauci out of retirement, this phenomenon can probably be prevented with proper masking. 

He also apparently claims the season is too long as part of why the guys are currently out.  But we are just halfway though now.  By that logic if we had a shortened season wouldn’t those sick and injured guys still be out but it would be around conference and NCAAs instead. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

I'd hate to think that Mizzou is holding guys out to protect seeds, so hopefully that's not the case at 165 and 197.

I don't think it is the case at 149, since Mauller is not that highly ranked right now (#9).

Video of Smith talking about holding them out on flo.

1 hour ago, KCMO2 said:

I'd hate to think that Mizzou is holding guys out to protect seeds, so hopefully that's not the case at 165 and 197.

I don't think it is the case at 149, since Mauller is not that highly ranked right now (#9).

Smith says, the flu and two guys banged up and needing a rest. A ten hour bus ride then wrestling then ten hour bus ride isn't a restful.

Edited by MPhillips
  • Fire 1

50 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Smith says, the flu and two guys banged up and needing a rest. A ten hour bus ride then wrestling then ten hour bus ride isn't a restful.

Odd how the other Smith showed up with all the starters and ~dozen extra guys, no flu.  Maybe the Mizzu & VTech starters all swapped flu in their dual.  🙄

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Odd how the other Smith showed up with all the starters and ~dozen extra guys, no flu.  Maybe the Mizzu & VTech starters all swapped flu in their dual.  🙄

According to the "experts" the other Smith is on the hot seat, so maybe he needed to get all of his starters on the mat. 

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

I could see an internal policy behind closed doors where the coach says "anyone who earns AA, has also earned an extra weekend off after Christmas (southern scuffle).  You want off next year?  Then earn it.  

Do these guys not want to compete? And do they need some sort of extra inventive incentive to AA?

I would think this is just coaches decision, rather than some sort of reward. Disappointing either way. The college season has become a joke. 

7 minutes ago, TexRef said:

According to the "experts" the other Smith is on the hot seat, so maybe he needed to get all of his starters on the mat. 

If you believe that you probably also believe that Tom Brands' mom runs the Iowa program.  I heard Terry's mom also has input.  😉

Poulin has looked pretty good thus far.  The tourney has been fun for me to watch, tons of young guys that I know and seeing them do well is awesome. We had (3) guys out of our highschool room that competed and are doing pretty well. 

• Fire 1