Oldest Starting Lineup in 2024-2025

Guys, you aren't going to believe this.

Micic was just granted ANOTHER year of eligibility! He's going to Illinois. I was skeptical at first but my local AARP rep just confirmed the news. Apparently Poeta was able to seal the deal when he came over the top by promising Serbian scales and Belgrade weigh-in witnesses. I'm excited to see what the combined 567 years of experience can do at NCAAs this year!

• Bob 2
  • Haha 1
  • Jagger 1

i am an idiot on the internet

9 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Guys, you aren't going to believe this.

Micic was just granted ANOTHER year of eligibility! He's going to Illinois. I was skeptical at first but my local AARP rep just confirmed the news. Apparently Poeta was able to seal the deal when he came over the top by promising Serbian scales and Belgrade weigh-in witnesses. I'm excited to see what the combined 567 years of experience can do at NCAAs this year!

That would be an interesting dynamic with Micic and Medlin (RTC coach who called into question the legitimacy of everything Micic has achieved with a now deleted tweet)🤣

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

8 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

That would be an interesting dynamic with Micic and Medlin (RTC coach who called into question the legitimacy of everything Micic has achieved with a now deleted tweet)🤣

You're also talking two entirely different mentalities of 'Illinois' there.  Micic is Chicago through and through whereas Medlin most definitely is not.

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Is this the father of the Medlin that just committed to Illinois? I was on a deep dive on Seth Mendoza results and saw he bumped up from 126 to 138 and beat him 4-0 which I thought was pretty insane given he's a national caliber kid.

• Bob 1

All this experience and Intermat has Illinois ranked 19th in their tournament rankings.

There is a downside to having too much experience on a team. Who thinks any of these wrestlers improves on past performance? Pucino? Ruth? And what does next season look like? Hello, transfer portal.

Dan McDonald, Penn '93
danmc167@yahoo.com

40 minutes ago, Voice of the Quakers said:

After placing at his first NCAA tourneys, he failed to place in 2022-23. I know he is ranked high, but I also think he may have hit his ceiling.

He lost to Fix and Mendez by a point and TB-1. And, I just like the kid...💪

• Brain 1

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Likable since he fought DeSanto's fireman in an inadvisable way and could have broken his neck.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-9CE6S06Xds?si=mNZL1utBmOOdfaXn&amp;start=94" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tough as hell, though!

That is some link...

4 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

Is this the father of the Medlin that just committed to Illinois? I was on a deep dive on Seth Mendoza results and saw he bumped up from 126 to 138 and beat him 4-0 which I thought was pretty insane given he's a national caliber kid.

Mendoza is a year older, and Medlin's just now approaching his adult body weight. Seth goes to college next year, while Wyatt has a couple more IHSA State Championships and Fargo titles to win. Medlin is listed at 158 for some upcoming duals. He's a growing boy. 

Reminds me of Jesse Delgado and IMAR. We had to ask them about their matches against each other, and they both got real animated about that rivalry! They wrestled at the Cali state championships and in at least another high school tournament. They both won matches. 

ILLINI261.jpg