Sadulaev

Irani

It's hard to know where his fitness level is; but if he's fit, it's hard to imagine DT having the horsepower to hang with Sad. He has so much lower half power and speed even against the competition at 97, where he's slightly overweight. At 92, he's probably at his most ideal weight class. When he's fit, he finishes scores against everybody with execution that makes them look like they're standing still or not resisting from bottom. But, yeah, fitness is the question for me. DT seems fit--possibly more fit than at OTTs. If Sad is a slightly reduced version of himself, DT will make it very interesting.

Sadulaev won 10-7?   That means he is vulnerable.   Someone scored 7 on him and Taz decimated him last year.   Maybe his neck is not completely healed.   But if I was DT, I would be lookinig to exploit that weakness that allowed Bagaev to score 7 on him.   That is uncharacteristic of Sad.   DT definintely should be watching that match and see what Bagaev idd to score and not do what he did to get scored on.    That is the trick.  Sad is really good offensively historically.  

Will be a great match to watch assuming both get to the same match. 

mspart

• Bob 1

3 hours ago, MPhillips said:

You're saying he's been wrestling overweight at 97kg since 2018...:classic_dry:

He's obviously phenomenal, but not everyone at 97 is a little soft in the middle like him. He fills out the weight better at 92 in my personal opinion. But again, he's so explosive in the lower half, he still out horsepowers guys at 97.

Edited by maligned
  • Jagger 1

I noticed this also.   Reminded me of the Gutches Sandersaon match.   Sanderson was on offense and Gutches was on defense, but brilliantly.   With a few moves he outscored Sanderson 7-6 with Sanderson getting 6 takedowns. 

Sad was not on the offensive really.   But he was on the defensive and scored big with that.  DT will have to neutralize that defense of his.  He threw Bagaev around pretty easily.

mspart

DT should bring in chance to train, He has that same stance as Sadulaev where his legs are so far behind his torso. I think he has the ability to replicate that outside step high-c at least I know he can to the right leg. I think it will be hard for him to move sadulaev around so creating angle for his low singles and picks may prove to be difficult.

28 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

I must be really bad at scoring... I thought it looked like a 12-2 TF, early in the 2nd period.

1st exchange:  Sadulaev 4, Bagaev 1

2nd exchange:  Sadulaev 2, Bagaev 1

6-2 at intermission

3rd exchange: Sadulaev TD (2) & two exposures (2+2).  12-2 Tech Fall.

I thought exactly the same and thought it was a tech there. Also Sadz didn't seem to be rusty or gassing hard, more like he was on cruise control. It looked like he was wrestling at practice, not really taking the match seriously and doing just enough to get the W. Weird to see.

He looks old.

A lot of the wrestlers that won 7+ medals kept themselves in tremendous shape and were always so disciplined. Sadulaev likes to balloon up and get chunky. 

The flo people were saying that Sadulaev might not go because he doesn't want to take a loss? He doesn't care about that. Maybe he did before the Snyder loss and a little before the Taz loss. Undefeated Sadulaev ship sailed already.  He is chasing Medved's 10 medals. It's why he wrestled worlds after the Olympics in 2021. 

53 minutes ago, GrandOlm said:

He looks old.

A lot of the wrestlers that won 7+ medals kept themselves in tremendous shape and were always so disciplined. Sadulaev likes to balloon up and get chunky. 

The flo people were saying that Sadulaev might not go because he doesn't want to take a loss? He doesn't care about that. Maybe he did before the Snyder loss and a little before the Taz loss. Undefeated Sadulaev ship sailed already.  He is chasing Medved's 10 medals. It's why he wrestled worlds after the Olympics in 2021. 

Chonkulaev

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 hours ago, lu_alum said:

I must be really bad at scoring... I thought it looked like a 12-2 TF, early in the 2nd period.

1st exchange:  Sadulaev 4, Bagaev 1

2nd exchange:  Sadulaev 2, Bagaev 1

6-2 at intermission

3rd exchange: Sadulaev TD (2) & two exposures (2+2).  12-2 Tech Fall.

I think they scored those first two 2-1 and 2-2 making it 4-3 at intermission.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge