College wrestleoff thread

JBluegill133

32 minutes ago, Greenwave said:

Little Rock with two transfers coming in at 149

As well as a returning starter that has three more years of eligibility.  Dutton might have gone 9W - 13L last season, but he was in a lot of matches with a lot of high level placers.  His average margin of loss the last month of the season was a ~takedown.  That is primarily against the PAC12 gents - Singleton, Lamer, Abas, and Parco.  5W-6L down the stretch with those six losses coming to the aforementioned gents.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

20 hours ago, nhs67 said:

My take:

133 - Witcraft VS McComas
141 - Hughes, Young or Jamison could go down if they lose the wrestleoff up at 149
149 - Jamison VS Young
157 - Fish VS Teague (If Fish loses, he Redshirts), Young could go up if he loses to Jamison
197 - Surber VS Merrill (Merrill could redshirt, if he loses)

Fair take. Trackwrestling weight certifications show Cael at 133, Tagen at 141, Young at 149, Teague at 157, and Fish at 157. I know those don't tell the whole story but it is consistent with what the official OK State roster shows. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I hear that Cael and Tagen have pretty rough cuts, I'm assuming Fish would too. Curious to see what Taylor's approach is with those tough weight cuts. 

57 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

As well as a returning starter that has three more years of eligibility.  Dutton might have gone 9W - 13L last season, but he was in a lot of matches with a lot of high level placers.  His average margin of loss the last month of the season was a ~takedown.  That is primarily against the PAC12 gents - Singleton, Lamer, Abas, and Parco.  5W-6L down the stretch with those six losses coming to the aforementioned gents.

Great point, I missed it.  Was surprised they brought in two from portal at his weight.