KOT @ 174

Tigerfan

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

He and I both told you that Alex Facundo has certified at below 165 lbs. You've now quoted both of us.

Why would Facundo be below 165lbs, at some point in the near past, if he is planning on going 174?

Is there a reason you keep saying "certified below 165" instead of "certified for 157"? Its a little conspicuous.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

48 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Is there a reason you keep saying "certified below 165" instead of "certified for 157"? Its a little conspicuous.

For his Alpha Certification the weight class he weighed in at was 165lbs.  What that means is that he weighed in between 157.1 - 165.0.

3 hours ago, juniorvarsity said:

i dont know what you mean about him already being under 165lbs? 

See above.  He was legitimately already weighinf 165.0 or less whenever Penn State did their Alpha Certifications.

• Brain 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

18 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

For his Alpha Certification the weight class he weighed in at was 165lbs.  What that means is that he weighed in between 157.1 - 165.0.

See above.  He was legitimately already weighinf 165.0 or less whenever Penn State did their Alpha Certifications.

hydrated? At least in theory?

Edited by Hammerlock3

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

hydrated? At least in theory?

He weighed under 165.0 and it has a green check, meaning his Alpha Certification is completed and passed.

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He weighed under 165.0 and it has a green check, meaning his Alpha Certification is completed and passed.

Not sure how people manage to effectively suck weight with these tests.  I remember the first year they started imposing this in high school, I got down to 119, to qualify the weight, but my body fat was around 3%.  the number seemed low, so got it checked at a DEXA, and it was legit.  At that time you could get a doctor's note, but mine wouldn't write one.  So I bumped to 125.

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

Not sure how people manage to effectively suck weight with these tests.  I remember the first year they started imposing this in high school, I got down to 119, to qualify the weight, but my body fat was around 3%.  the number seemed low, so got it checked at a DEXA, and it was legit.  At that time you could get a doctor's note, but mine wouldn't write one.  So I bumped to 125.

well having a visine bottle in your underwear is an institution as far as the hydration part goes.

• Bob 1

28 minutes ago, Gus said:

Haines

I’m kinda of the opinion that him being one of the few to wrestle last weekend indicates he’s probably redshirting.

I definitely don’t have a plan, but I wonder if Starocci stays 174 (and we see the Starocci/KOT match after all).  

Much of the logjam talk seems to be focused on the middle weights, but they can sort those out with redshirts if they want.  If Starocci stays at 174, then they can have Barr at 184 and Cochran at 197,  neither of which have redshirts available (unless they pull out a medical like they may be doing with Nagao).

54 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I’m kinda of the opinion that him being one of the few to wrestle last weekend indicates he’s probably redshirting.

I definitely don’t have a plan, but I wonder if Starocci stays 174 (and we see the Starocci/KOT match after all).  

Much of the logjam talk seems to be focused on the middle weights, but they can sort those out with redshirts if they want.  If Starocci stays at 174, then they can have Barr at 184 and Cochran at 197,  neither of which have redshirts available (unless they pull out a medical like they may be doing with Nagao).

Just a hunch.  Starocci goes '84.  Barr goes '97.  Levi starts the year in Redshirt.  Facundo gets the go @174 but is on a short leash

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

12 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Just a hunch.  Starocci goes '84.  Barr goes '97.  Levi starts the year in Redshirt.  Facundo gets the go @174 but is on a short leash

157 - Facundo (Kasak Redshirt)
165 - Mesenbrink (Sealey Redshirt)
174 - Haines (Ryder Redshirt)
184 - Starocci
197 - Barr (Mirasola Redshirt)
285 - Kerkvliet (Mirasola Redshirt)

I would really like to see both Evans and Cochran get some reps in, which they likely will.  I then want to see them go the Bearclaw route and go elsewhere for their final year.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

157 - Facundo (Kasak Redshirt)
165 - Mesenbrink (Sealey Redshirt)
174 - Haines (Ryder Redshirt)
184 - Starocci
197 - Barr (Mirasola Redshirt)
285 - Kerkvliet (Mirasola Redshirt)

I would really like to see both Evans and Cochran get some reps in, which they likely will.  I then want to see them go the Bearclaw route and go elsewhere for their final year.

Hard to imagine Facundo at 157.  Heard he was struggling with the cut to 165 back in '23.  But guys will have to make sacrifices to make the PSU lineup

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Haines wants to wrestle. He won a title last year and just beat one of the best wrestlers in the country and the favorite at 174. No way they keep him on the bench in my opinion. 

• Bob 3

3 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Hard to imagine Facundo at 157.  Heard he was struggling with the cut to 165 back in '23.  But guys will have to make sacrifices to make the PSU lineup

I understand it's hard to imagine it, I agree.  I also understand that if the plan was 174lbs for him this year, he wouldn't have weighed 157.1 - 165.0 during his Alpha Certification.

• Bob 1

12 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Can Mes make 157? I seem to recall talk last season that he should have gone 157 and Haines 165, as they would both be closer to their natural weights. But maybe I'm misremembering.

1 hour ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Can Mes make 157? I seem to recall talk last season that he should have gone 157 and Haines 165, as they would both be closer to their natural weights. But maybe I'm misremembering.

No way he goes 157. They aren't going to marginalize a premiere stud for facundo. Caleb young facundo is incoming.

Edited by Hammerlock3

14 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

I thought the same but apparently certifications have occurred and it is inferred he weighed under 165. Which convinces me otherwise. 

2 hours ago, juniorvarsity said:

I thought the same but apparently certifications have occurred and it is inferred he weighed under 165. Which convinces me otherwise. 

Great and apt word usage.

I worry about Facundo at 157. He will definitely be huge, but his output is pretty low as is maybe his collar tie stuff will be even more effective with the strength and size difference, but I could also see his output just being nonexistent and him fading later in matches. Much respect for getting down for the team though.

I think O'Toole has to be the favorite in Folkstyle (2 Titles at a higher weight and the best Folksytle wins over Carr) but it's not a foregone conclusion.  Is PSU going to any big tournaments (no offense Black Knight Open) where Haines and KOT might meet?

PSU coaches are great at making adjustments for NCAAs but not sure if they will see Mizzou before NCAAs. 

1 hour ago, Dogbone said:

I think O'Toole has to be the favorite in Folkstyle (2 Titles at a higher weight and the best Folksytle wins over Carr) but it's not a foregone conclusion.  Is PSU going to any big tournaments (no offense Black Knight Open) where Haines and KOT might meet?

PSU coaches are great at making adjustments for NCAAs but not sure if they will see Mizzou before NCAAs. 

only thing I can think of is maybe national team duals but Im not sure that Mizzou is going.

• Bob 1