Nolf Announces his Retirement

45 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

When Askren came up with his list of best scramblers in the last 10+ years, Nolf was #1.

Who wouldn't want to see Askren in his prime vs Nolf in his prime?  In folkstyle, of course.

Break out the popcorn for that one.

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1

Nolf would make an excellent coach.  Surprised no D-1 program is offering him a spot.

His creativity, pace, and scrambling ability would be so valuable to a program like Iowa.

Nichols should take the $1,000,000 allocated to Teemer and Buchanon and pay it to Nolf to bring him in as Assistant Head Coach.  Would pay much bigger (and longer) dividends than 1 semester rentals.

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Nolf would make an excellent coach.  Surprised no D-1 program is offering him a spot.

His creativity, pace, and scrambling ability would be so valuable to a program like Iowa.

Nichols should take the $1,000,000 allocated to Teemer and Buchanon and pay it to Nolf to bring him in as Assistant Head Coach.  Would pay much bigger (and longer) dividends than 1 semester rentals.

A pastry chef and a financial advisor, a man of many talents 🙄

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

You're not wrong, Jimmy.  I don't know how much Iowa/Nichols shelled out, but if I were Iowa, I'd rather have Nolf's services for 5 years (which $1 mi likely would get you) rather than Teemer/Buchanon.  Not close.

18 hours ago, BAC said:

Who wouldn't want to see Askren in his prime vs Nolf in his prime?  In folkstyle, of course.

Break out the popcorn for that one.

Askren would catch Nolf in a scramble and promptly pin him. 

• Potato 1

Nolf podcast where he announced it.  Thought him talking about his favorite matches was interesting

(spoiler: I believe he put a junior league match ahead of beating Jordan Burroughs at OTT).

17 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Nolf podcast where he announced it.  Thought him talking about his favorite matches was interesting

(spoiler: I believe he put a junior league match ahead of beating Jordan Burroughs at OTT).

I found it notable that he tore and restore his mcl and tore a ligament in his wrist. I'd make a joke about Carl running his guys into the ground but some people would think I'm being serious 😢

• Bob 1