Nolf Announces his Retirement

TNwrestling

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

What an interesting time to retire, I think it's distinctly possible that Dake moves up to 79 for a year or two.

I didn't watch the video, butI did hear he was moving to Austin?  He's prob been doing BJJ exclusively since OTT, and Austin is about the best place on earth to do that.  

45 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

When Askren came up with his list of best scramblers in the last 10+ years, Nolf was #1.

Who wouldn't want to see Askren in his prime vs Nolf in his prime?  In folkstyle, of course.

Break out the popcorn for that one.

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1

Nolf would make an excellent coach.  Surprised no D-1 program is offering him a spot.

His creativity, pace, and scrambling ability would be so valuable to a program like Iowa.

Nichols should take the $1,000,000 allocated to Teemer and Buchanon and pay it to Nolf to bring him in as Assistant Head Coach.  Would pay much bigger (and longer) dividends than 1 semester rentals.

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Nolf would make an excellent coach.  Surprised no D-1 program is offering him a spot.

His creativity, pace, and scrambling ability would be so valuable to a program like Iowa.

Nichols should take the $1,000,000 allocated to Teemer and Buchanon and pay it to Nolf to bring him in as Assistant Head Coach.  Would pay much bigger (and longer) dividends than 1 semester rentals.

A pastry chef and a financial advisor, a man of many talents 🙄

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

You're not wrong, Jimmy.  I don't know how much Iowa/Nichols shelled out, but if I were Iowa, I'd rather have Nolf's services for 5 years (which $1 mi likely would get you) rather than Teemer/Buchanon.  Not close.

17 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Nolf podcast where he announced it.  Thought him talking about his favorite matches was interesting

(spoiler: I believe he put a junior league match ahead of beating Jordan Burroughs at OTT).

I found it notable that he tore and restore his mcl and tore a ligament in his wrist. I'd make a joke about Carl running his guys into the ground but some people would think I'm being serious 😢

• Bob 1