Iowa brand

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Why would Tom Ryan care?

Nagao did worse last year than the year at Minnesota.  Whether it was due to Cael, illness, burnout or other I don't know.

Can't be illness or burnout at PSU.  They have fun and they don't grind their guys down.  They never get hurt, and only get sick during the dual meet portion of the year.  They have a sophisticated body temp monitoring system to control illness.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1
  • Confused 1
  • Clown 1

43 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Can't be illness or burnout at PSU.  They have fun and they don't grind their guys down.  They never get hurt, and only get sick during the dual meet portion of the year.  They have a sophisticated body temp monitoring system to control illness.

And very high VO2max

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Don't forget advanced nutrition regimens. 

• Bob 1

@headshuck

the departure of glazier makes it hard to not agree with the sentiment of this topic.

Glazier was a guy who I thought was gonna AA high, pushed aaron brooks, and I'd never heard of him a year ago. He wrestled a super disciplined style, because he's a modest talent, took the right shots, hand fought hard, can't get tired, great performer in dual meets, one of the examples of the quality coaching going on at Iowa.....FLUSHED!

Edited by Hammerlock3
  • Bob 3

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

23 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

@headshuck

the departure of glazier makes it hard to not agree with the sentiment of this topic.

Glazier was a guy who I thought was gonna AA high, pushed aaron brooks, and I'd never heard of him a year ago. He wrestled a super disciplined style, because he's a modest talent, took the right shots, hand fought hard, can't get tired, great performer in dual meets, one of the examples of the quality coaching going on at Iowa.....FLUSHED!

But why if they are booting Glazier didn't they keep AJ?  Maybe Jimmy can explain.  🙅‍♀️

• Ionel 1

35 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

@headshuck

Here is a question to ponder… Does PSU keep guys in their lineup for multiple years that go 1-2 at NCAA’s?

• Bob 1

17 minutes ago, Gus said:

Here is a question to ponder… Does PSU keep guys in their lineup for multiple years that go 1-2 at NCAA’s?

They have, but I agree with the overall sentiment that we shouldn’t feel bad for Glazier.  Going 1-2 is definitely not going to secure a starting spot.  He’ll also be going into his 6th year so if not for the Covid year he wouldn’t even have any more eligibility (although of course neither would Buchanan)

15 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

They have, but I agree with the overall sentiment that we shouldn’t feel bad for Glazier.  Going 1-2 is definitely not going to secure a starting spot.  He’ll also be going into his 6th year so if not for the Covid year he wouldn’t even have any more eligibility (although of course neither would Buchanan)

its not about feeling bad for glazier its about lamenting the recent shift in how NCAA titles are won.

Re the Iowa culture, the departure of Zach Glazier should say everything.  Dude was the soul and resident exorcist of the Hawkeyes last year, and is putting on his south dakota shoes after his coaches recruited over top of him for his final year of eligibility.

Glazier is the epitomé of an in house program guy.  How are the Brands any different from Jerry Jones at this point? 

I’m curious to know now, what is the going rate per win at NCAA’s nowadays? How much can wrestlers make per team point earned?

• Bob 1

15 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

Re the Iowa culture, the departure of Zach Glazier should say everything.  Dude was the soul and resident exorcist of the Hawkeyes last year, and is putting on his south dakota shoes after his coaches recruited over top of him for his final year of eligibility.

Glazier is the epitomé of an in house program guy.  How are the Brands any different from Jerry Jones at this point? 

I’m curious to know now, what is the going rate per win at NCAA’s nowadays? How much can wrestlers make per team point earned?

did you read my post

11 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

i don't understand this post. what are you actually trying to say? 

• Bob 2

TBD

22 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

That is crazy... those Iowa guys who forfeited out of that B10 tourney were all legit injured.  It was evident two weeks later at NCAA.

You know what, you're right. But it was an emotional decision that I stand behind to this day.

Ayala, Kemerer, and Eierman were hurt. Cassioppi? Not convinced, but we all knew he was taking the L to Gable.

• Bob 1

7 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

i don't understand this post. what are you actually trying to say? 

A joking reference about how PSU guys are never injured or sick, because they don't beat their guys up, combined with this Cael quote about core temp

https://www.pennlive.com/penn-state-wrestling/2024/02/several-ailing-penn-state-wrestlers-on-the-mend-according-to-cael-sanderson.html?outputType=amp

16 minutes ago, juniorvarsity said:

You know what, you're right. But it was an emotional decision that I stand behind to this day.

Ayala, Kemerer, and Eierman were hurt. Cassioppi? Not convinced, but we all knew he was taking the L to Gable.

THanks.

However, Cass would absolutely lose to Gable, but tore his knee up in a late flurry vs Kerk.  Had a subpar NCAA tourney by his standards.

1 hour ago, BloodRound said:

See: Jimmy Gullibon in the latter half of his career.

The fact that you have to go back 10 years and select a former AA in his sophmore year, R12 his junior year proves that PSU will seek to upgrade those spots not performing. The exception always prove the rule. 

• Bob 1