Olympic Wrestling ... Day 5

Just now, alliseeisgold said:

Another Penn state guy and another guy who has flatlined or regressed since the move. If cael is so much better these are situations he should be making a difference in tactically. 

There's no redshirting.  No 6th year bullshit. 

The best room in the world? Good Lord!

1 minute ago, alliseeisgold said:

Another Penn state guy and another guy who has flatlined or regressed since the move. If cael is so much better these are situations he should be making a difference in tactically. 

Dake went to Penn State?

If you told me Kyle Dake was ever involved in a 32 point match, I would assume he lost for what it's worth. That's beyond uncharted waters for him.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

i am an idiot on the internet

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Dake went to Penn State?

What do YOU think, sickly sweetbuns?🙄

D3

• Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

From a human standpoint, really feel for Dake. I know after the trials he said this one was going to be for his dad. Sending him positive vibes and well wishes because I’m sure this is devastating on multiple levels. 

• Bob 7
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

From a human standpoint, really feel for Dake. I know after the trials he said this one was going to be for his dad. Sending him positive vibes and well wishes because I’m sure this is devastating on multiple levels. 

Well said….

1 minute ago, ChickenWing said:

Blame Flo

Come, on... who's REALLY to blame here?

Hint: he has to look at himself in the mirror.

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Well... at least we'll see some entertaining 125Kg semis.

(What a salve to a disappointing result @ 74Kg... )

D3

1 minute ago, Truzzcat said:

sidakov had exploited Kyle by turning the foot up it seems everyone else made note and Kyle did not really adjust.

Biggest upset of mens tournament ? Did not see dake going down. He was on a mission and has been through the fire for this moment.

Seriously ...not trolling....when a guy gets praised up and down like cael he deserves criticism when he fails and this is legitimate failures that are frankly embarrassing. 

Burroughs talking about how takatani scouted so well

Let's call it what it is - cael DID NOT have dake prepared and no sideline adjustments.  He didn't have brooks ready for that situation.

The current most overrated thing in sports right now is cael Sanderson freestyle coaching. Large chance brooks and dake get to finals with another coach. Facts. 

1 minute ago, alliseeisgold said:

Biggest upset of mens tournament ? Did not see dake going down. He was on a mission and has been through the fire for this moment.

Seriously ...not trolling....when a guy gets praised up and down like cael he deserves criticism when he fails and this is legitimate failures that are frankly embarrassing. 

Let's call it what it is - cael DID NOT have dake prepared and no sideline adjustments.  He didn't have brooks ready for that situation.

The current most overrated thing in sports right now is cael Sanderson freestyle coaching. Large chance brooks and dake get to finals with another coach. Facts. 

If you are not smart enough to know the difference between fact and opinion, why should we think your opinion is smart?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

13 minutes ago, lightweight said:

At this site:

https://www.nbcolympics.com/schedule/sport/wrestling

you can get a 30 minute free trial of Peacock, which I want to spend on Spencer Lee.  Is his match really not until  4:45pm Eastern, or is that just when they will start the replays?

That probably is the playback time.

In the last few days on the same schedule, the last Gold Medal match has been wrapped up by about 4:00. Lee's will be the first Gold Medal match today, which has been landing about 1-1:30 Eastern.

2 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

I'm sure Burroughs more than happy to praise Takatani. 

Can't help but agree though, wondering if this is the lack of DT being around. Seems like the Beatles broke up or something. 

2 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Show me someone that's good at scrambling out of tds- I'll show you someone with a crappy stance!

That’s exactly what happened here! But what I can’t understand is that Dake used to have the lowest stance I’ve ever seen AND one of the best at scrambling. Guess he got too confident in his scrambling/chest wrap

IMG_1979.jpeg

• Brain 1

3 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

Man, maybe you should still be calling him Carl?  

Those chest wrap calls by the ref were terrible and dake should have ended up with at least 6 more points than he had by the end if they weren’t all called wildly in favor of takatani.  That said we all know he couldn’t let takatani get in on the leg as often as he did and sadly couldn’t keep him off it.  Feel bad for dake and hope he can bounce back