Olympic Wrestling ... Day 5

36 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

I’m drawing a blank but I remember this happening to someone else in a big match… two cautions in the last ten seconds to lose the match. Anyone remember that?

Beau Bartlett v Nick Lee in final of challenge tourney up 1 with seconds left…didnt engage and stepped out and they plus 1ed him to lose

• Brain 2

17 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Always a strong move to send your opponent off the mat with the smell of your crotch fresh in his nostrils.

Geniuses walk amongst us!  Very poetic!  And words of wisdom to all young wrestlers! Buy this man a drink!

MOVE OF THE MEET: 
The Dake Bomb to Head Cradle using Legs.
REASONS:
It came against Iran, and it looked cool. Ended the match with a pin on top of an exclamation point!

WTF is a head cradle?
  • Bob 1

Yes, more of a head and arm than a cradle I believe but definite figure four…and tight…Imagine being so versed after so many years in wrestling to pull that out in the Olympics? Granted he had the tech clinched but still.

37 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Always a strong move to send your opponent off the mat with the smell of your crotch fresh in his nostrils.

It's called the "Uncle Randy" where I am from lol.

• Haha 2

Looks like a figure four on the head. Exactly.
So, a leg cradle?

Haven't watched the match yet, but I've never seen someone lock up a cradle with their head nor have I seen a cradle that didn't include the opponents head, so I don't know what the hell a head cradle is.

34 minutes ago, Crotalus said:
1 hour ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:
MOVE OF THE MEET: 
The Dake Bomb to Head Cradle using Legs.
REASONS:
It came against Iran, and it looked cool. Ended the match with a pin on top of an exclamation point!

WTF is a head cradle?

A head cradle with his legs. He used his legs to hold the guys head down, which in turn held his back to the mat for the pin. Was beautiful! 

3 minutes ago, Crotalus said:
5 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

So, a leg cradle?

so I don't know what the hell a head cradle is.

Not a leg cradle.

No one really does.

It was a figure four on the head...

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1
  • Wrestle 1

The replay is already up of Kayla Miracle's match. 

I tried to take screen captures of the so-called "four-pointer" and challenge that cost her the match. Unfortunately, NBC and Peacock have developed software that makes the screen go black when you try to do a screen capture. 

Then, I tried to capture it with video. Same result. I understand anti-piracy, but that's kinda bullshit. It goes too far. There is a thing called "Fair Use," and I've paid for their services. 

Anyway, I finally had to use my phone to take pictures of my laptop screen, and in my opinion, that was an excellent challenge from the American coaches. The challenge should have won. KGZ gets a takedown, no exposure. Even the head judge, as I noted before, sounded unsure of himself, when he's been very adamant about his calls all tournament. 

Anyway, here's the evidence, the pictures:

MIRACLE.jpg

I tried to take screen captures of the so-called "four-pointer" and challenge that cost her the match. Unfortunately, NBC and Peacock have developed software that makes the screen go black when you try to do a screen capture. 
Then, I tried to capture it with video. Same result. I understand anti-piracy, but that's kinda bullshit. It goes too far. There is a thing called "Fair Use," and I've paid for their services. 
Anyway, I finally had to use my phone to take pictures of my laptop screen, and in my opinion, that was an excellent challenge from the American coaches. The challenge should have won. KGZ gets a takedown, no exposure. Even the head judge, as I noted before, sounded unsure of himself, when he's been very adamant about his calls all tournament. 
MIRACLE.thumb.jpg.da2e11544404136b99b217a7bee5050a.jpg

First, did you try the snipping tool? Might work.

Second, your own comments indicate it was the right call to award 4 points. Amplitude doesn't factor in on 4 pointers. It's feet to back. You point out that her knee wasn't down, so she was still on her feet. And in the process of completing the takedown, Kayla's back was exposed beyond the 90 degrees required.

25 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

MIRACLE.jpg

Ugh.

Gotta agree with @Crotalus that it's feet to back. I thought "amplitude" was ditched in the rule changes many years ago in favor of the more objective qualifier of feet-to-back. 

The other angle that they showed in the review from the opposite side looked a little more convincing on exposure than one from the back. I understand why their review didn't produce definitive evidence that it was the wrong call. 

What bugs me now is that Miracle's last takedown looked as much like she exposed her opponent as this one did...but they couldn't review it. 

22 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

First, did you try the snipping tool? Might work.

Second, your own comments indicate it was the right call to award 4 points. Amplitude doesn't factor in on 4 pointers. It's feet to back. You point out that her knee wasn't down, so she was still on her feet. And in the process of completing the takedown, Kayla's back was exposed beyond the 90 degrees required.

Look at Kayla's left shoulder blade. Where is it pointing? Never got to 90 degrees, and it certainly didn't go past 90 degrees, which is what the rule requires. 

Seen it a million times: Wrestlers are rolling on the mat and torque their bodies to keep from going past 90 degrees. That's what happened here. 

And it wasn't feet to back, as they spun around. Nope, it was 2 takedown, challenge WON! 

And it was certainly a good challenge by the staff given the time remaining. Plus, in the video, they were right there on that side of the mat. They had a better view of the angle of the shoulder blades. Cheers! 

1 hour ago, Ched64 said:

Beau Bartlett v Nick Lee in final of challenge tourney up 1 with seconds left…didnt engage and stepped out and they plus 1ed him to lose

Sounds like more proof Professor Carl doesn't teach end-of-match tactics. David Taylor should have been the rep at 65 if you ask me.

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, MPhillips said:

Your ignorance has been noted for some time...

lolololololol me calling out bigots is ignorance…

for you to not comprehend the difference between 2+1 and 2+2 is embarrassing. Hope you’re never in your daughters corner

3 minutes ago, scribers said:

I wanna fight someone in here. Any of you guys want to board fight with me? Maybe meet up in the fan experience for some fisticuffs??

what-what-whaaat-sheila-broflovski.gif

D3

• Bob 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

8 minutes ago, scribers said:

I wanna fight someone in here. Any of you guys want to board fight with me? Maybe meet up in the fan experience for some fisticuffs??

Pretty sure Bob allows the animals in the Zoo to fight as long as they stay in their cages.  Maybe head over there see if BB is up for the challenge.  

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1