Its over. Joe Biden is stepping down

Paul158

2 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Unfortunately for you I'll lurk here for a while.

I find your language on here appalling. Just because someone has a different viewpoint then you on a certain subject on this forum does not make them a racist, homophone or an inbred hillbilly.

25 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

People saying Trump caused Jan 6th and repeating it over and over doesn't make it a fact...that is my point...there is no concrete evidence that Trump is responsible other than mental gymnastics people play.  And I am not the one playing mental gymnastics here...if there was a single actual factual data point that Trump in fact did cause Jan 6th I would be the first one in line to condemn him...hell there are plenty of other things to condemn him for....but this isn't one of them.  So you can twist this however you want to make it seem like I am demonstrating some sort of hypocrisy here but I am not.  I have no reason to care one way or the other about Jan 6th...I am not a Trump fan, and as I have said before I think protesting/rioting is stupid and unproductive...so there is no bias going into my take on Jan 6th and Trump's role.  Can you say the same Rasta??

By the way...I never once said WKN is a whackaddodle...I said the people who stormed the capital are whackadoodles.

A lot to unpack here. First, the mental gymnastics. Your standard started with “would indicate to me”. Then it moved to “one slice of evidence”, and then when made aware of many pieces of evidence (the testimony of 50 or more staffers who were very close to him, hold the same perspective as WKN, and refuse to support Trump for president for that very specific reason), it then changed to concrete evidence. All the while, anyone who agrees with those staffers is a liar or a whackadoodle or both. Which leads me to second point, I never said you called WKN a whackadoodle, I said you claimed he was lying. Please keep up and stop with the mental gymnastics. 

Having no reason to care about Jan 6 one way or the other is pretty….wow. I mean you can think whatever about who holds some responsibility, but to claim to care about the country so much, but not care at all about that event…..just doesn’t seem to square with each other. 

Being a Trump fan or not has nothing to do with choosing to take the word of Trumps people who were very proud of their policy accomplishments but would never support him again specifically because of, in their opinion, his role in what happened that day, over the word of media pundits.  When you choose to believe the media pundits, and call WKN or anyone else a liar because they believe the people closest to the situation on his staff….you are saying much more about yourself than about WKN.  

If you go to the beginning, I didn’t even opine on whether or not Trump held responsibility, my take was on your comment saying WKN is lying, then doubling down on it, just because you don’t agree with him, particularly when you are, or at least pretend to be, so bothered by hypocrisy. 

This will be my last post on this, I don’t there is much more for me to add, I’ll look forward to your next talk about how we should be able to get along and respect while we disagree…

14 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I find your language on here appalling. Just because someone has a different viewpoint then you on a certain subject on this forum does not make them a racist, homophone or an inbred hillbilly.

Sorry for hurting your feelings.

10 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Sorry for hurting your feelings.

My feelings are fine. I would think as a moderator you might want to choose your words more wisely. Calling people foolish names seems unbecoming of a person in your position.

33 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Having no reason to care about Jan 6 one way or the other is pretty….wow. I mean you can think whatever about who holds some responsibility, but to claim to care about the country so much, but not care at all about that event…..just doesn’t seem to square with each other. 

Guys can't go to the Capitol?  Like, guys can't have fun anymore?

• Haha 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

48 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

A lot to unpack here. First, the mental gymnastics. Your standard started with “would indicate to me”. Then it moved to “one slice of evidence”, and then when made aware of many pieces of evidence (the testimony of 50 or more staffers who were very close to him, hold the same perspective as WKN, and refuse to support Trump for president for that very specific reason), it then changed to concrete evidence. All the while, anyone who agrees with those staffers is a liar or a whackadoodle or both. Which leads me to second point, I never said you called WKN a whackadoodle, I said you claimed he was lying. Please keep up and stop with the mental gymnastics. 

Being a Trump fan or not has nothing to do with choosing to take the word of Trumps people who were very proud of their policy accomplishments but would never support him again specifically because of, in their opinion, his role in what happened that day, over the word of media pundits.  When you choose to believe the media pundits, and call WKN or anyone else a liar because they believe the people closest to the situation on his staff….you are saying much more about yourself than about WKN.  

If you go to the beginning, I didn’t even opine on whether or not Trump held responsibility, my take was on your comment saying WKN is lying, then doubling down on it, just because you don’t agree with him, particularly when you are, or at least pretend to be, so bothered by hypocrisy. 

This will be my last post on this, I don’t there is much more for me to add, I’ll look forward to your next talk about how we should be able to get along and respect while we disagree…

It’s simple.  Saying there was an insurrection on Jan 6th is a lie.  Blaming Trump for what happened that day is a lie.  Saying it was three hours before Trump messaged for folks to “be peaceful” and to “respect law enforcement” “they’re on our side” is a lie.  TDS is real.  

• Bob 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Huh...so all of this is about you thinking I said WKN is lying...nothing to do with you believe Trump caused an insurrection based on what SOME (not all) people that use to work with his administration said but no actual proof...and you don't believe those that are also close to him and didn't say it was his fault...got it! 

And "lying" must be a trigger word for you.  I'll say it again, I did not call WKN a liar...I said he was repeating a lie.  To me there is a big difference between the two...but maybe it isn't to you so I'll let you work that out for yourself.

By the way...I didn't think you were disrespecting me at any point and I don't think I disrespected you.

3 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Huh...so all of this is about you thinking I said WKN is lying...nothing to do with you believe Trump caused an insurrection based on what SOME (not all) people that use to work with his administration said but no actual proof...and you don't believe those that are also close to him and didn't say it was his fault...got it! 

And "lying" must be a trigger word for you.  I'll say it again, I did not call WKN a liar...I said he was repeating a lie.  To me there is a big difference between the two...but maybe it isn't to you so I'll let you work that out for yourself.

By the way...I didn't think you were disrespecting me at any point and I don't think I disrespected you.

More mental gymnastics.  I never said anything about disrespecting me. I’m inferring that saying someone is lying because you disagree with them Is disrespectful. And yes, I have zero tolerance for lying.  I have a little more, but not much, for people who like to claim “lying” as a self defense mechanism. 

Had to cover that point. Have a good day. 

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, Paul158 said:

My feelings are fine. I would think as a moderator you might want to choose your words more wisely. Calling people foolish names seems unbecoming of a person in your position.

I thought Republicans liked calling people names, you know Brandon, Sleeping Joe, Crooked Joe, Groomers, Libtards and so on. I guess I must have been thinking of a different Republican party, I blame it on my age.

20 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

I wonder, I mean all we’ve seen is a letter (without letterhead) Biden could be duct taped to a chair somewhere.  Or worse

There's worse?  You mean like being allowed to still run the country?

8 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

That is a silly standard. I stipulate that Trump never once had a direct conversation with a single person who stormed the capital. He was never on the phone with one, never in a room with one, and probably never so much as exchanged a pleasantry with one. 

so how then, would he incite them?