Its over. Joe Biden is stepping down

9 minutes ago, RockLobster said:

No - You're incorrect and misrepresenting that quote.

AI models do not 'fabricate information entirely'...that is misleading.

As I said earlier, "It's primarily due to the integrity of the data that was processed - and in lesser part due to processing algorithms"

Why are you attempting to mislead people? Why?

Here's the full Google quote you referenced - with full context, and the portion you posted in big bold so nobody misses it:

You have confused the why with the what. The what is makes shit up. The why is the stuff you said. Doesn't change the what.

I laughed at you when you said they do not fabricate information entirely, and then quoted the exact same thing I did, and highlighted the same part I did, that said the opposite of what you said just a few sentences earlier.

• Bob 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

On 8/2/2024 at 7:07 PM, mspart said:

What did I say that was factually wrong?   You don't say.   You just say I am scared.   I am scared because I typed out facts?   So telling truth is now being scared?   That's just crazy.   No matter how hard a person that has XY chromosomes wants to, that person just can't get pregnant.   Is that me wanting people not to be people?  

Telling the scientific truth is no longer acceptable apparently.   What a ridiculous world this is when that is the case. 

mspart

You need people to fit in these boxes that you've constructed for them. If they don't, you need to point out that they don't. When you could just ignore them. Like you do with just about everyone else that comes in and goes out of your life. But you've decided that these people are a threat. To what, I ask? To which I'll bet you can't give me one reason whey its necessary to even have this conversation other than 'I just don't like em'. Which is usually where these topics start. Except that you don't want to have to include people in a box that you don't think they belong in. What does keeping them out of that box do for them or for you? In the grand scheme of things, not much. Because you don't matter all that much. But the discussion will perpetuate a person that is leaning towards harming someone in this box, to do it. Or to continue to otherize a trans person to the point where that trans person tries to end their life. For the crime of mildly inconveniencing someone on a forum thread somewhere. Keeping people on the fringes of society, where they don't have access to the same resources and opportunities that everyone should have, is dangerous for people in those groups. Trans, gay, queer, minority and poor all people with lower life expectancy, rates of education, health outcomes, financial mobility, then their counterparts. Not just because of conversations like this and the decisions that are made because of them but they don't help. Mostly because the information that is used to attempt to keep 'those' people in their place is wrong and based in fear. 

So yes. You are scared or at least your arguments and rhetoric would indicate as much. Of what? Probably of losing any wealth or privilege that you currently have and the ability to pass the benefits along to the next or future generations. Or that your efforts to prop up the future generations is undone by things out of your control.  The typical song and dance. Its not a new story. Its always fear. Because its never logical.

XY or XX, you have an opinion that you are couching in science talk but its just comes back to your fear. 

24 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You have confused the why with the what. The what is makes shit up. The why is the stuff you said. Doesn't change the what.

I laughed at you when you said they do not fabricate information entirely, and then quoted the exact same thing I did, and highlighted the same part I did, that said the opposite of what you said just a few sentences earlier.

You are an awful poster who has confused what you've posted when it is compared to reality.

Sit down, shut up, and pay attention.

I quoted the FULL quote from Google. You never posted that. That simply isn't true. (It's all there, just scroll up - you'll see you're exposed as the lying jerk you are.)

You only posted the snippet that I highlighted in bold. Here it is again for reference...

How do AI hallucinations occur?

AI models are trained on data, and they learn to make predictions by finding patterns in the data. However, the accuracy of these predictions often depends on the quality and completeness of the training data. If the training data is incomplete, biased, or otherwise flawed, the AI model may learn incorrect patterns, leading to inaccurate predictions or hallucinations.

For example, an AI model that is trained on a dataset of medical images may learn to identify cancer cells. However, if the dataset does not include any images of healthy tissue, the AI model may incorrectly predict that healthy tissue is cancerous. 

Flawed training data is just one reason why AI hallucinations can occur. Another factor that may contribute is a lack of proper grounding. An AI model may struggle to accurately understand real-world knowledge, physical properties, or factual information. This lack of grounding can cause the model to generate outputs that, while seemingly plausible, are actually factually incorrect, irrelevant, or nonsensical. This can even extend to fabricating links to web pages that never existed.

An example of this would be an AI model designed to generate summaries of news articles may produce a summary that includes details not present in the original article, or even fabricates information entirely. 

Understanding these potential causes of AI hallucinations is important for developers working with AI models. By carefully considering the quality and completeness of training data, as well as ensuring proper grounding, developers may minimize the risk of AI hallucinations and ensure the accuracy and reliability of their models.

Your basket of deplorables seem to think it's OK to question posts made in the last 24 hours as if they didn't happen?

No patriots in your group - what country do you clowns represent?

44 minutes ago, RockLobster said:

You are an awful poster who has confused what you've posted when it is compared to reality.

Sit down, shut up, and pay attention.

I quoted the FULL quote from Google. You never posted that. That simply isn't true. (It's all there, just scroll up - you'll see you're exposed as the lying jerk you are.)

You only posted the snippet that I highlighted in bold. Here it is again for reference...

Your basket of deplorables seem to think it's OK to question posts made in the last 24 hours as if they didn't happen?

No patriots in your group - what country do you clowns represent?

GIF by Steve Harvey TV

• Bob 3
  • Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

39 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

omg

Isn't it good to hold parents accountable if they don't give a shit about their kids being in school? It's not like this happened to parents if the kid was absent for one day, but if you have a 12 year old never showing up to school, that is 100% the fault of the parent and might indicate much bigger issues goin on at home. I don't get why "Lavern Spicer" thinks it is an effective strategy to attack her for preventing child abuse.  

Edited by billyhoyle

i guess i should reserve comment until i know specifics, but generally speaking, the concept of a mother being imprisoned and her child sent to foster care b/c the kid didn't go to school seems breathtakingly over the line. 

TBD

2 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

i guess i should reserve comment until i know specifics, but generally speaking, the concept of a mother being imprisoned and her child sent to foster care b/c the kid didn't go to school seems breathtakingly over the line. 

I would imagine you use truancy as a way to identify parents who are neglecting their kids and having a kid that just never goes to school is pretty neglectful unto itself. Parents have basic responsibilities and failing those has consequences. The punishments here are decided by a judge so there is due process. 

here's something Kamala 'accomplished. in the Inflation Reduction Act (which was largely a bill to fund the climate crisis that is a hoax), there's also a whopping sum going to social agitators

• Bob 1

TBD

9 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Aren't they also people, who can become pregnant?

Your question would insinuate you prefer one to another. Both would be accurate. Why even bring it up? 

Nope.  They are women.  Women become pregnant.  Since the dawn of time and until the end of the earth.  No amount of woke nano nonsense will change that.  

• Bob 2

6 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

Isn't it good to hold parents accountable if they don't give a shit about their kids being in school? It's not like this happened to parents if the kid was absent for one day, but if you have a 12 year old never showing up to school, that is 100% the fault of the parent and might indicate much bigger issues goin on at home. I don't get why "Lavern Spicer" thinks it is an effective strategy to attack her for preventing child abuse.  

now do parents who don't wan their children to transition in that state 

1 hour ago, Caveira said:

Nope.  They are women.  Women become pregnant.  Since the dawn of time and until the end of the earth.  No amount of woke nano nonsense will change that.  

People aren't people?

Do you see what you're doing there? Making it so some people aren't people, first, in your mind.  But the need to fit them into a smaller box. Sorry, but you're wrong. sucks to suck.

I'm offering a broad term that is accurate and you are trying to distill it down into, what did you say, 'nano nonsense' in hopes of protecting your delicate sensibilities. I'd laugh in your face if this wasn't so sad. 

Just reminder, another accusation is a confession. 

24 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

People aren't people?

Do you see what you're doing there? Making it so some people aren't people, first, in your mind.  But the need to fit them into a smaller box. Sorry, but you're wrong. sucks to suck.

I'm offering a broad term that is accurate and you are trying to distill it down into, what did you say, 'nano nonsense' in hopes of protecting your delicate sensibilities. I'd laugh in your face if this wasn't so sad. 

Just reminder, another accusation is a confession. 

It isn’t making anyone “not people”.    They aren’t being put in a smaller box.  You can’t impregnate me any more than you can any other man.  It’s just reality.   Laugh away.   It won’t change facts or reality. 

• Bob 2

29 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Says the person that refuses to answer a question, recently. 

I don't know what they've done. Care to pass along the highlights of their baseball card? 

you dont know much of anything do you

what question do you want answered? 

56 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

you dont know much of anything do you

what question do you want answered? 

Go back and find it if you're really interested. I know you're not or you would've already done it. You're a dishonest coward. This more than proves it. You get no more of my time. 

In Roland We Trust!

• Clown 1