How Not to Behave As a Parent During a Wrestling Match

Posted (edited)

The parent's actions warrant a ban and possible legal action, but these links always over promise. "Assault" conjures images of strikes and bodily harm. The ref got shoved from behind. 

Edited by jackwebster

32 minutes ago, jackwebster said:

The parent's actions warrant a ban and possible legal action, but these links always over promise. "Assault" conjures images of strikes and bodily harm. The ref got shoved from behind. 

Can’t imagine getting so unhinged to the point of leaving the stands to go onto a mat during a live match and shoving the ref to the ground. 

• Bob 1

6 minutes ago, Rassling said:

Can’t imagine getting so unhinged to the point of leaving the stands to go onto a mat during a live match and shoving the ref to the ground. 

He's teaching his son a lesson that will prove valuable for the kid's therapist. 

• Bob 1
  • Haha 8

The shove constituted an Assault. After that it is only a matter of degree which will involve prosecution deciding what level to pursue.

Nail the jerk to the wall, he deserves it.

• Bob 2

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

The guy looks like he might take some exogenous substances. Might be playing a part in his poor behavior.

That said, the woman who goes onto the mat appears to be his wife and she’s jawing at the refs, too, so maybe they are just a family of shitheads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Formally140 said:

There's already ref shortages and multiple organizations are trying to get away with reducing ref pay. This will for sure help the situation 

I doubt the refs are on this page. They still don't know or understand FREE MOVE after a locked hands is committed! 

Edited by TexRef
  • Bob 2

I saw something else. The guy ran to another state. But was arrested on the warrent. The ref he assaulted was a lawyer. He is screwed. My guess this isn't his first run in with the law.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I'm not seeing an illegal hold. That one point could be the difference between winning and losing a match in an off season tournament that means absolutely nothing. Warranted IMO.

2 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

??? He signaled Illegal move (both hands behind the head) and showed a point.

You may be thinking of the video I posted.  The one in the OP was only called PD.  I’m not even quite sure what the parent(s) was so mad about?  Maybe how the ref was kinda scolding the kid?

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

You may be thinking of the video I posted.  The one in the OP was only called PD.  I’m not even quite sure what the parent(s) was so mad about?  Maybe how the ref was kinda scolding the kid?

I thought that was too easy! As you could hear in that video- something about him getting poked in the eye. Can't see anything anywhere near that from this angle. Ref stopped it for having the leg twisted (I guess, that's what he yelled)

In the later video that I saw the ref was speaking on it and said the kid had the toe and was cranking the knee against the joint by pulling at the toe. Which is actually illegal. But he was calling PD

• Bob 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, killdozer said:

In the later video that I saw the ref was speaking on it and said the kid had the toe and was cranking the knee against the joint by pulling at the toe. Which is actually illegal. But he was calling PD

Yeah just saw that too.  He also seemed to think the reaction from the dad was due to the scolding of the kid.  Lol “I don’t like the way you’re talking so I’m going to physically assault you!”

Edited by 1032004
  • Bob 1

A couple of observations and questions:

1. Is that Eric Trump reporting local news in North Carolina? 

2. "Assault" is when you fear somebody is going to attack you. That couldn't apply here because the perp struck from behind with no warning. "Battery" is when somebody touches you in an inappropriate way. This was a battery. I agree that it's confusing. Though not as confusing and funny as "Judo Chop." 

3. I'm going to suggest to my friend Mad Ivan that he do an intensive camp for wrestling parents. 

• Bob 1

9 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I had seen this video when it first made the rounds on twitter.  Pretty wild.  You can see why its hard to convince people to become a ref (among other reasons)

Idk. The old saw "character is fate" might apply here. Refs and cops and people who dug Sim City got somethin in em that I don't. That something is more compelling than the potential drawbacks of their job/hobby. 

• Bob 1

12 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

A couple of observations and questions:

1. Is that Eric Trump reporting local news in North Carolina? 

2. "Assault" is when you fear somebody is going to attack you. That couldn't apply here because the perp struck from behind with no warning. "Battery" is when somebody touches you in an inappropriate way. This was a battery. I agree that it's confusing. Though not as confusing and funny as "Judo Chop." 

3. I'm going to suggest to my friend Mad Ivan that he do an intensive camp for wrestling parents. 

The ref is an attorney.  I’m guessing he knows the law.

• Bob 1