Carrol in the portal?

1 hour ago, poke1 said:

Just got word that Carroll and Chris Perry were tight.  So I would think he might go wherever Perry lands.

OSU board says that Carroll lived with Perry?  Is that even allowed?  

But that apparently Perry is going to ISU and Carroll likely also

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

What's NOT allowed now? They're going to be considered employees of the school. 

That seems...pretty minor relatively speaking. 

• Bob 1

Just now, scourge165 said:

Maybe...or maybe he did a random test and Carroll popped. I don't know.

I don't think Weed is a big deal anymore. I think if you're likely to go and work and get the extra workouts in, you're going to. I really don't buy the stereotypical 90s stoners thing. 

I also can't imagine being at a tournament and smoking. I'm one of those guys who gets SUPER paranoid and just can't/don't smoke pot. I've heard people say this type will help with pain and not make you paranoid and I've seen enough studies and former NFL players talk about the pain management aspect, but I don't know. 

i wasn't implying weed was an issue, i just meant he figured out what carrols habits were and didn't like em. Again I don't know anything about it I'm just guessing based on the timeline.

• Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

8 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i wasn't implying weed was an issue, i just meant he figured out what carrols habits were and didn't like em. Again I don't know anything about it I'm just guessing based on the timeline.

Yeah, I know. I was just kinda adding my opinion based on the Tweet that he's gotta get back the...whatever it was, drinkers and stoners out of the room. 

Going out and drinking is much worse IMO. BUT...I don't know if the kid does either still, so it wasn't necessarily a direct response about Carrol(save for the smoking in the bathroom at a meet). 

• Bob 1

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Didn't Cael have some basement guests? 

Posted (edited)

Perry is going to ISU? I missed this story. Do we have a link? Is this a good fit? Forum chatter suggests that his guys love him. If Carrol decamps to follow Perry, I guess there might be some truth to this. 

Disclaimer: Perry is my poster-boy for every critical cliche about OSU wrestling's style, stategies, and tactics. I'm embarrassed by the way I cheered on his masterful stalling in his two final appearances. Yeah, he "got two" like he said he would, but goddamn. As I've said before, I wish Brown would have pulled it out. When he didn't, it seemed like Perry and the whole team doubled down on their commitment to winning ugly.

Edited by jackwebster

18 minutes ago, jackwebster said:

Perry is going to ISU? I missed this story. Do we have a link? Is this a good fit? Forum chatter suggests that his guys love him. If Carrol decamps to follow Perry, I guess there might be some truth to this. 

Disclaimer: Perry is my poster-boy for every critical cliche about OSU wrestling's style, stategies, and tactics. I'm embarrassed by the way I cheered on his masterful stalling in his two final appearances. Yeah, he "got two" like he said he would, but goddamn. As I've said before, I wish Brown would have pulled it out. When he didn't, it seemed like Perry and the whole team doubled down on their commitment to winning ugly.

I think mostly just rumors still at this point

1 hour ago, MNRodent said:

ISU already has a pretty good tweener coming in next year in Flo #1 @215, Sawyer Bartelt.

Bartlett can go 285 then after Redshirt.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 6/7/2024 at 7:57 AM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

You forgot to mention that he attended three different high schools!

I don’t blame him for leaving the first high school. I’m not sure on the second one. 

• Bob 1

Posted (edited)

If I had to guess I’d bet it’s because of Wyatt coming in. Christian didn’t wrestle his senior year in order to bulk up to wrestle HWT in college, or so I read on the Indiana forums. He wrestled 220 HS. I think 197 is a tough cut for him and will only get tougher as he gets older. 

Edited by NormMacDonald
I’m a dumbass

Just now, NormMacDonald said:

NeverMind. I think the people talking about Scott leaving are right. 

you think he just has to get coached by scott? so much so that he's gonna leave his school to follow a guy who doesn't have a place to go yet?

2 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

you think he just has to get coached by scott? so much so that he's gonna leave his school to follow a guy who doesn't have a place to go yet?

He doesn’t need to follow Scott to be upset about how he feels Scott (and Perry, apparently) was treated.  Here is the last x post he liked:

And the only posts he made since Taylor was hired was reposting about how Caldwell was kept on staff.

12 hours ago, 1032004 said:

He doesn’t need to follow Scott to be upset about how he feels Scott (and Perry, apparently) was treated.  Here is the last x post he liked:

And the only posts he made since Taylor was hired was reposting about how Caldwell was kept on staff.

yeah thats all fair enough. just seems incomplete to me.

15 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Sounds like he's been commenting on things above his pay grade and we've already established that Coleman (and Perry) could not have been promised the job.  But I bet when DT was offered he was promised he could bring in his own staff.  

On 6/8/2024 at 1:27 PM, CowboyYe2024 said:

Why the fck can't we throw a few $$$ at him? Cut amines check down a little and give it to Carroll. My bet is where Coleman goes so maybe a Cornell Indiana or ASU

I’m sure that would go over real  well with Amine and future NIL deals. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

So I read this thread kinda quickly but I'm seeing four theories:

1. He's loyal to Scott/Perry and plans to follow them, or at least one of them, wherever they land.

2. He wanted to go HWT and bringing on Wyatt thwarted that plan.

3.  He's annoyed that the incoming transfers are getting big NIL bucks, and he figures he'll pull an Alirez and hop into the portal to see if he can get Okie State donors to throw some of that cheddar his way.

4.  He's a druggie/boozer and Taylor "weeded" him out.

Not seeing any evidence for theories 2-4.  Theory 1 seems to have some decent support based on Carroll's posting history, and also based on the "do not contact" designation, except for the fact that we have no indication where Perry/Scott are landing (apart from random internet speculation).

Do I have this about right?

2 hours ago, BAC said:

So I read this thread kinda quickly but I'm seeing four theories:

1. He's loyal to Scott/Perry and plans to follow them, or at least one of them, wherever they land.

2. He wanted to go HWT and bringing on Wyatt thwarted that plan.

3.  He's annoyed that the incoming transfers are getting big NIL bucks, and he figures he'll pull an Alirez and hop into the portal to see if he can get Okie State donors to throw some of that cheddar his way.

4.  He's a druggie/boozer and Taylor "weeded" him out.

Not seeing any evidence for theories 2-4.  Theory 1 seems to have some decent support based on Carroll's posting history, and also based on the "do not contact" designation, except for the fact that we have no indication where Perry/Scott are landing (apart from random internet speculation).

Do I have this about right?

Pretty much, except as mentioned earlier it could still be #1 even if he doesn’t end up in the same place as Scott or Perry.

On 6/7/2024 at 7:54 PM, 1032004 said:

It seems a good strategy for him to cut down to 197.  Perry could eat all of the food in the house and starve Carol down to weight.

• Bob 1
  • Haha 3