Big Government

What a horrible thing Milei has done.   This upsets the apple cart.   No one has the right to stop inflation dead in its tracks.   What is he thinking?   This is the worst thing that could have happened.   A man of the right telling it like it is and showing the world he meant it and that he was right.   Nothing could be more dangerous.  I'm sure the Argentinians are just calling for his head right now.   They were expecting the prices to go up and have been saving money to cover the load.   Now what will they do with the extra money they don't need?   That's just a crime.  

mspart

• Bob 1
  • Haha 2

What a horrible thing Milei has done.   This upsets the apple cart.   No one has the right to stop inflation dead in its tracks.   What is he thinking?   This is the worst thing that could have happened.   A man of the right telling it like it is and showing the world he meant it and that he was right.   Nothing could be more dangerous.  I'm sure the Argentinians are just calling for his head right now.   They were expecting the prices to go up and have been saving money to cover the load.   Now what will they do with the extra money they don't need?   That's just a crime.  
mspart

And poverty rates are through the roof.

In the 6 months since he took over, the poverty rate has increased almost 10%. Now over 57%!

The child poverty rate is on pace to top
70% soon.

Brilliant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You see, I told you that Milei was the worst for doing this.   Someone just  had to prove me correct.   And that took no time at all. 
mspart

I didn’t say he was… anything. I didn’t mention his name, at all.

You didn't have to.  It was apparent what you were saying.   Confirmed my whole post, it was beautiful.
mspart

I don’t think he’s “the worst”. I don’t have any opinions about him at all. I didn’t express a single thought about him. So, there’s that.

Just pointing out that not everything is rosy, despite your glowing reviews.

15 hours ago, Le duke said:

In the 6 months since he took over, the poverty rate has increased almost 10%. Now over 57%!
The child poverty rate is on pace to top70% soon.
Brilliant!

Poverty was already severe.  Short-term pain for long-term gain is brilliant indeed. 

• Bob 1

20 minutes ago, jross said:

Poverty was already severe.  Short-term pain for long-term gain is brilliant indeed. 

Is it long term gain? Have you seen the end of this story, somehow? 

That you, Nostradamus?

4 hours ago, Le duke said:

Is it long term gain? Have you seen the end of this story, somehow? 

That you, Nostradamus?

Yes, still confirming my earlier post, thank you!

2 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Gotta love the “leave it alone and do nothing” crowd 

Yep.   Just let them keep suffering.   Nothing can be done about it.   Obama told us that.   Remember him saying the economy wasn't going to get better.   Guess what?  It did.   Now Biden is trying to take us back.   Any attack on leftist policies gets this kind of response.   Anytime Milei type policies go into effect, the left goes nuts.   Things get better and they go further nuts, because that ruins their whole political offering.  Leftists offer depression, misery, and anarchy.   We can see that happening in the US right now and anyone against that must be shut down. 

mspart

22 hours ago, Le duke said:

The child poverty rate is on pace to top
70% soon.

Brilliant!

how does poverty rate increase so quickly? especially when the price of goods stabilize?

were there massive job losses/business closures? 

i'm not saying you're wrong. in fact, i saw that figure too not long ago. 

i just don't understand. 

TBD

Deregulate the housing market and remove electricity subsidies and those prices are going to skyrocket and hit those on the line of poverty first and hardest. A one week pause in inflation in the cost of food is good, but could be pretty ephemeral too. 

His policies may be necessary and eventually succeed, but the short term pain will be tremendous. 

To DD,

Yes, and that was all set up by the lefists that are not in power now.   You can pay now or pay later.   But pay you will.  And it hurts when it is later a lot.

mspart

Edited by mspart
  • Bob 1