Ben Kueter announces he's focusing on wrestling for this season!

2 hours ago, JeanGuy said:

I hate to be that guy but his "choice" probably came from a heart to heart with Ferentz. Not in the plans. 

It's not 100% but after a season they probably fell like they know what they have in him. 

How many 4* recruits does a program like Iowa give up on after a true freshman season? We aren’t talking about Alabama. This is a team best known for its punter. Zero chance football told him to get lost. 

7 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

The penn state wrestling room is first and foremost a place of god(they're purging the undesirable elements deep into the midwest), and second and secondmost a place of fun. Kueter is certinaly a generational talent and will radically inflate the reputation of any program he's associated with, but he's a dodgeball liability and doesn't know his way around a bouncy castle. We'll take a Nevills before him!

We still know it's not actually TBar making this post.  We know it's you HL3...

You ruined it for us.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

8 hours ago, JeanGuy said:

I hate to be that guy but his "choice" probably came from a heart to heart with Ferentz. Not in the plans. 

It's not 100% but after a season they probably fell like they know what they have in him. 

He did win a team award or two as a freshman.  "Leadership award" for defense/special teams, if I am not mistaken.

8 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

The penn state wrestling room is first and foremost a place of god(they're purging the undesirable elements deep into the midwest), and second and secondmost a place of fun. Kueter is certinaly a generational talent and will radically inflate the reputation of any program he's associated with, but he's a dodgeball liability and doesn't know his way around a bouncy castle. We'll take a Nevills before him!

My guess: he is pretty good at dodgeball as a four sport high school athlete.

He's put on a bit of weight over the past year, maybe too much to continue as a LB.  That may have pushed him down the team chart for the D line after spring ball.  Wrestling at 125 KG should increase his agility for the D line so this may not be a bad option to increase his football talent.  

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, RYou said:

He's put on a bit of weight over the past year, maybe too much to continue as a LB.  That may have pushed him down the team chart for the D line after spring ball.  Wrestling at 125 KG should increase his agility for the D line so this may not be a bad option to increase his football talent.  

Too much weight to be a LB?  I thought he was like 220 pounds soaking wet.  

NFL LBs are regularly 250-260 pounds.  Some as high as 275.

Keuter is closer in size to a NFL safety than a LB right now.

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

5 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

Could see him building quite a bit of muscle heading into this season. 

What was he waiting for?  We've seen him working out with Focus.  

1 minute ago, ionel said:

What was he waiting for?  We've seen him working out with Focus.  

Maybe football coaches telling him otherwise? Too much muscle could slow you down, especially if they saw him as strictly as edge-rusher type or even more of a pass-defending/hybrid LB? Could be a slew of things. 

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

We still know it's not actually TBar making this post.  We know it's you HL3...

You ruined it for us.

yeah but it never gets old for me!

• Haha 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

9 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

How many 4* recruits does a program like Iowa give up on after a true freshman season? We aren’t talking about Alabama. This is a team best known for its punter. Zero chance football told him to get lost. 

I obviously don't know his situation but I have been around a Big Ten football program and they often know pretty fast no matter what a recruit ranking was if they think that guy can be a player. In Kueter they see a guy with options so maybe they advised him of his best option. You don't step away from a program from a year and come back better. Or maybe he just prefers wrestling.

2 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

yeah but it never gets old for me!

I think you should let me proofread all your TBar comments prior to posting.  That way we really capture his essence 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

4 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Too much weight to be a LB?  I thought he was like 220 pounds soaking wet.  

NFL LBs are regularly 250-260 pounds.  Some as high as 275.

Keuter is closer in size to a NFL safety than a LB right now.

Where do you get your stats from?

What's the average size of an NFL linebacker? 

Can you list the linebackers that weigh 275? Are they coverted D-lineman in a 3-4 system?

8 minutes ago, WildTurk said:

Can you list the linebackers that weigh 275? Are they coverted D-lineman in a 3-4 system?

Adalius Thomas, Levon Kirkland come to mind as 270 pound LBs

35 minutes ago, WildTurk said:

Just a current linebacker example previous HS hwt state champ.

Screenshot_20240604-114513_Chrome.jpg.8e2f985bcbee2f1460bea5d506b9fa65.jpg

2 hours ago, WildTurk said:

I believe the regular size range for inside line backers is 6-2 240lbs

59 minutes ago, Gus said:

I believe the regular size range for inside line backers is 6-2 240lbs

Patrick Queen 6'-0" 230lbs

Bobby Wagner 6'-0" 240lbs

Roquan Smith 6'-1" 236lbs

Fred Warner 6'-3" 230lbs

All right in line with your thoughts. There are no more Levon Kirklands out there.

3 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

I think you should let me proofread all your TBar comments prior to posting.  That way we really capture his essence 

Well if any of his thoughts pop into your head feel free to message me, who knows he might show up and say them himself.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."