Why are American wrestling fans rooting against Aaron Brooks?

Yes, I get he went to Penn State and not your favorite college.  And yes he's way over the top with the Jesus stuff.

But why are American wrestling fans upset that he's going to represent the USA at the Paris Olympics?  It seems odd to value your college allegiance over your national allegiance.  There are literally American fans rooting for Yazdani to beat Brooks.

• Clown 1

Not sure who you are talking about, but maybe they think that if Yazdani wins, then Brooks will realize that Mohammed is the one true prophet after all, and finally convert to Islam.

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1
  • Poopy 1

7 minutes ago, BAC said:

Not sure who you are talking about, but maybe they think that if Yazdani wins, then Brooks will realize that Mohammed is the one true prophet after all, and finally convert to Islam.

Brooks and his opinions on which prophets are true or false! Has he made his opinion on Joseph Smith known?  

• Bob 1

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Yes, I get he went to Penn State and not your favorite college.  And yes he's way over the top with the Jesus stuff.

But why are American wrestling fans upset that he's going to represent the USA at the Paris Olympics?  It seems odd to value your college allegiance over your national allegiance.  There are literally American fans rooting for Yazdani to beat Brooks.

Why is @Jimmy Cinnabon making a thread passing his own feelings off as those of “wrestling fans”….

6 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Brooks and his opinions on which prophets are true or false! Has he made his opinion on Joseph Smith known?  

Probably not to Cael...

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

On the Jesus stuff... him polishing the Bowling Ball in THE BIG LEBOWSKI sure does a lot to help one believe. You can really see Jesus Power on display.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

21 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

Look at any of the Brooks threads,  you'll find them.  

Got a link to anyone here saying they hope Yazdani beats him?  You (and I guess me now by replying) fell for the pastry troll job

• Poopy 1

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Got a link to anyone here saying they hope Yazdani beats him?  You (and I guess me now by replying) fell for the pastry troll job

Pretty sure I saw someone say that on the Iranian forum 

In Persian 

Come think of it he probably wasn’t an American citizen 

Might’ve said something about being related to Yaz too

But still, that’s such f’n BS! Traitors 

• Fire 1

The answer to this question is that when Brooks intertwined his faith with his obvious disdain for taylor, he took it from a meme which wasn't particularly interesting to any who was reasonably intelligent, to something that's weird, utilitarian and not very wholesome.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

A better pastry troll question would probably be something like, “in a potential match between Spencer Lee and RBY, what percentage of Penn State fans would be cheering for RBY?”

PSU fans would not be disappointed if RBY won.   But I'm not sure they would be rooting for him over Spencer.   Maybe, but I would not think so.   Of course I'm not a PSU fan and don't know how they think.   They just might be that way, but I have a hard time seeing that.   Did they not cheer for Spencer when he won at Oly trials at PSU?

mspart

Did you know it is entirely possible to root for Team USA, think Brooks is a tool, and have huge respect/enjoy watching others in the 86kg bracket all at the exact same moment?

4 hours ago, mspart said:

PSU fans would not be disappointed if RBY won.   But I'm not sure they would be rooting for him over Spencer.   Maybe, but I would not think so.   Of course I'm not a PSU fan and don't know how they think.   They just might be that way, but I have a hard time seeing that.   Did they not cheer for Spencer when he won at Oly trials at PSU?

mspart

I root for Spencer first and then RBY, Cruz and Micic.    Who can blame these kids for taking advantage of the opportunity.  

42 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

I root for Spencer first and then RBY, Cruz and Micic.    Who can blame these kids for taking advantage of the opportunity.  

But when its USA vs USA is it really the Olympic Games?

6 minutes ago, ionel said:

But when its USA vs USA is it really the Olympic Games?

Yes, When its Russia vs Russia is it really the Olympic games?   Sadulaev coached Tazhudinov at his club.  Russians are all over the place.  

6 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Yes, When its Russia vs Russia is it really the Olympic games?   Sadulaev coached Tazhudinov at his club.  Russians are all over the place.  

There you go.   But this is another reason why wrestling should get two per wt per country (why does swimming, track etc get multiple) if qualified and back to ten weight classes.

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

There you go.   But this is another reason why wrestling should get two per wt per country (why does swimming, track etc get multiple) if qualified and back to ten weight classes.

In 2012 we had 7 free, 7 Greco and 4 womens events, The could easy add a couple more weights, but more eyeballs are on Swimming and Track.   Wrestling has been the redheaded stepchild of the games for nearly 2 decades.  Nenad Lalovic the current president of UWW wrestling, JIm Scherr and others had to fight to keep wrestling in the Olympics in 2016.  Its a catch 22,  happy that its still there, but pissed that wrestling gets crapped on.  

5 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

In 2012 we had 7 free, 7 Greco and 4 womens events, The could easy add a couple more weights, but more eyeballs are on Swimming and Track.   Wrestling has been the redheaded stepchild of the games for nearly 2 decades.  Nenad Lalovic the current president of UWW wrestling, JIm Scherr and others had to fight to keep wrestling in the Olympics in 2016.  Its a catch 22,  happy that its still there, but pissed that wrestling gets crapped on.  

What if we wrestled in speedos?  Wkn would like it.  

• Haha 1