What PSU Wrestlers Follow?

23 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Could OSU win it all in 2026-2027?  I may be missing someone or unrealistic on some weights.   

125: Spratley

133: Hughes (Flo 2023 BB #9)

141: Forrest

149: Bassett

157: Williams or Jamison

165: Haines or Kasak

174: Lockett (Flo 2025 BB #3)

184: Thompson (Flo 2023 BB #4)

197: Merrill (Flo 2024 BB #8)

285: Carroll (Flo 2023 BB #8)

Kasak at 165?  😂 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Hillbilly Jim said:

Kasak at 165?  😂 

I’ve heard he may be at 157 in two years, so 165 in three years wouldn’t be shocking, especially if he gets on the DT/Treigning lab lifting plan

Edited by 1032004

2 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I think its just the m2 ties I think Ryder is the only guy that may go personally and maybe Duke or Perry flip but thats about it and I don't have high confidence in any of those things.

This.  Have been on the record Ryder might go with the log jam at PSU and PJ Duke wouldn't surprise me either.  Everyone else either than Facundo is staying

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

M2.  Kasak isn’t expected to start next year and will most likely have to redshirt.  Haines admittedly I’d be surprised by but it’s within the realm if possibility.

Not just M2. Keep in mind they both skipped their senior seasons in HS to go train w The Unicorn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not just M2. Keep in mind they both skipped their senior seasons in HS to go train w The Unicorn.

Uh, they skipped their senior seasons to train at NLWC.

• Stalling 1

With new portal rules they could defer enrollment in the fall, transfer in that window, and be immediately eligible, yes?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

37 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Uh, they skipped their senior seasons to train at NLWC.

That’s what he’s saying.  But that was before Taylor was a full time coach.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Could OSU win it all in 2026-2027?  I may be missing someone or unrealistic on some weights.   

Yes...that team could absolutely win a NC. That team *could* have 5 NCs. I'd perhaps look for a '25...I'm not sure how good Stratley is yet. I know he's good...but if you're talking about knocking off PSU and TOOSU...might need more there. 

(FYI, with this Taylor news, Ohio State will henceforth be referred to as TOOSU or the other OSU, either or).

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Why wait 24/25:

133: Hughes

141: Alirez

149: Williams

157: Mesenbrink 

165: Haines

174: Hamiti 

184: Plott

197: Merrill 

285: Steveson

🤠

Edited by ionel

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

With new portal rules they could defer enrollment in the fall, transfer in that window, and be immediately eligible, yes?

With how weak the NCAA is now, I bet he could wrestle the 1st and 2nd period in one singlet, transfer at the whistle, put the other singlet on,  and defeat himself. 

• Wrestle 1
  • Ionel 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I love how you guys have half of PSU's team on OSU's roster.  I think it's highly unlikely that Haines or Kasak leave PSU.  Even though Haines was one of DT's very first pupils and Kasak soon followed, they both have family within 2 hours of PSU.   

Mesenbrink even though he is from Wisconsin, say's he always dreamed of wrestling for PSU and I believe his sister ran track at East Stroudsburg. 

What is PJ Duke's connection to M2 other than HS teammate Ryder?   Duke willll be a senior next year and is heir apparent to MM or Haines.   Plus he lives 3 hours from PSU and one of his club coaches is former PSU wrestler Justin Lopez.

Personally I could see Claw and perhaps Ryder who trains with the NLWC and M2, but that even seems like a stretch.  Facundo is a possibility,  he gets maligned a bit for his dismal postseason in 22/23 but he beat Amine and Karchla and had a close loss to Carr. 

One kid nobody has mentioned yet is Pierson Manville who I believe committed to ASU,  he's been with DT for quite some time and lives in State College,  I don't believe he signed an NLI yet.  

7 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

I love how you guys have half of PSU's team on OSU's roster.  I think it's highly unlikely that Haines or Kasak leave PSU.  Even though Haines was one of DT's very first pupils and Kasak soon followed, they both have family within 2 hours of PSU.   

Mesenbrink even though he is from Wisconsin, say's he always dreamed of wrestling for PSU and I believe his sister ran track at East Stroudsburg. 

What is PJ Duke's connection to M2 other than HS teammate Ryder?   Duke willll be a senior next year and is heir apparent to MM or Haines.   Plus he lives 3 hours from PSU and one of his club coaches is former PSU wrestler Justin Lopez.

Personally I could see Claw and perhaps Ryder who trains with the NLWC and M2, but that even seems like a stretch.  Facundo is a possibility,  he gets maligned a bit for his dismal postseason in 22/23 but he beat Amine and Karchla and had a close loss to Carr. 

One kid nobody has mentioned yet is Pierson Manville who I believe committed to ASU,  he's been with DT for quite some time and lives in State College,  I don't believe he signed an NLI yet.  

I’m sure @ionel was being sarcastic.

I really only had 1 on my list (listing 2 guys as an “or”).  No other big name transfers, and adding 2 new recruits.

10 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I’ve heard he may be at 157 in two years, so 165 in three years wouldn’t be shocking, especially if he gets on the DT/Treigning lab lifting plan

This is why they'll keep Derek Fix and Chris Perry on staff. It's the one area where there's common ground 

• Bob 1

57 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I’m sure @ionel was being sarcastic.

I really only had 1 on my list (listing 2 guys as an “or”).  No other big name transfers, and adding 2 new recruits.

I'm not talking about just @ionel.  There is a lot of chatter and not just here. 

On 5/7/2024 at 4:34 AM, WildTurk said:

Brooks trains in Holywater

Go ahead, mock him, but Aaron doesn't have to worry about vampire attacks!!

On 5/8/2024 at 5:42 AM, Threadkilla said:

Derek Fix will have them perennially second.

That would be a massive improvement for OSU. Last time they finished 2nd was, what, about 8 years ago?

• Bob 1