Gable Steveson

15 hours ago, WrestlingRash said:

Gable will easily carry 300 lbs. Aaron Donald is a good body comp, once Gable gets some of those untestable NFL supplements. DLine in the NFL is one of the least skilled positions. He has a chance to stick. I've come around on the idea. 

Neal and Haselrig couldn't cut it on defense; both moved to offense where they were great.  I don't think Steveson will have this option.

17 hours ago, WrestlingRash said:

Gable will easily carry 300 lbs. Aaron Donald is a good body comp, once Gable gets some of those untestable NFL supplements. DLine in the NFL is one of the least skilled positions. He has a chance to stick. I've come around on the idea. 

I think you need to watch a little more football. These guys have tremendous athleticism and skills. Braden Fiske from Florida State this year is 6'4" 292 lbs. He ran a 4.78 40 with a 33.5" vertical leap. I would guess Gable isn't even in the ball park with those numbers. These guys have tremendous hands and feet to do what they do.

Comparing Gable to Aaron Donald is only relevant from a size perspective. Donald was so skilled and athletic that he was a unicorn.

I know this is a wrestling board and people are more likely to give wrestlers the benefit of the doubt, but NFL players are a whole different level of athletic.

• Bob 1

15 minutes ago, JeanGuy said:

I think you need to watch a little more football. These guys have tremendous athleticism and skills. Braden Fiske from Florida State this year is 6'4" 292 lbs. He ran a 4.78 40 with a 33.5" vertical leap. I would guess Gable isn't even in the ball park with those numbers. These guys have tremendous hands and feet to do what they do.

Comparing Gable to Aaron Donald is only relevant from a size perspective. Donald was so skilled and athletic that he was a unicorn.

I know this is a wrestling board and people are more likely to give wrestlers the benefit of the doubt, but NFL players are a whole different level of athletic.

He did his sprints with the DB groups while in college.

20 hours ago, WrestlingRash said:

Donald is like 2" taller and about 30 pounds heavier naturally.  Just because Donald happens to be a small DL doesn't mean a 5'11 260 pound wrestler (even an elite one like Gable) is big enough for the NFL.

10.jpeg

Ken Anderson Reveals He's Training Gable Steveson - WrestleTalk

8 hours ago, JeanGuy said:

My wife disagrees with you about watching more football. Those guys are athletic. Give Gable the same roids they are on and they are in the same conversation. 

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRash said:

My wife disagrees with you about watching more football. Those guys are athletic. Give Gable the same roids they are on and they are in the same conversation. 

My wife disagrees with me about everything.  What's your point?  

• Bob 1