Iowa's incoming transfers?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, WildTurk said:

The Iowa board hasn't penciled in anybody.  Don't lie. Pay your debts

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/official-portal-watch.440344/post-12096148

CatCoach

CatCoach

HR All-State
 Gold Member

This would be a great line up. Are Parco & Teemer a package deal? I was hoping to see Caliendo at 157 and Kennedy at 165. Love to see Kennedy get an AA

125 - Drake - 1st
133 - Transfer??
141 - Alirez - 1st
149 - Parco - Top 4
157 - Teemer - Top 4
165 - Caliendo - top 2
174 - Arnold - 6th
184 - Brands/Ferrari - 4th
197 - Glazier - round 12
HWT - Kueter - 8th
Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

No different than what people do on here penciling in transfers to their team's lineup.... did you read the part that says "This would be a great lineup"?  

• Brain 2
  • Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

12 minutes ago, Idaho said:

No different than what people do on here penciling in transfers to their team's lineup.... did you read the part that says "This would be a great lineup"?  

Yes, hence why I said they had penciled them in.  That's exactly what they did.

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

No, but Minnow “heard” Iowa was trying to lure him in.  

Is the deadline tomorrow to enter? 

Isn't that tampering and illegal? I know that schools are doing it, but if it's common knowledge a school is doing it in a specific instance for a specific athlete couldn't they get busted for that? Or does the NCAA just not care?

5 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

Isn't that tampering and illegal? I know that schools are doing it, but if it's common knowledge a school is doing it in a specific instance for a specific athlete couldn't they get busted for that? Or does the NCAA just not care?

You can't be serious.  After whats been going on the last 15 some years we all know the NCAA doesn't care. 

8 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

I imagine any luring would be handled by outside entities, like an NIL collective or individual.

• Brain 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

10 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

Could be wrong but I believe it’s technically only illegal if contacted by a coach/employee of another school

• Brain 1

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

You can't be serious.  After whats been going on the last 15 some years we all know the NCAA doesn't care. 

As a former NCAA athlete, I know the NCAA doesn't care about the athletes. That's been obvious. But they used to be a stickler on the rules and would throw down some dumb, overkill, punishments. 

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I imagine any luring would be handled by outside entities, like an NIL collective or individual.

Don't forget @MPhillips was recently spotted with tackle & lure

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

As if Iowa cares about that.  You don't get the 5th best team money can buy by worrying about stuff like that. 

• Bob 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Yes, hence why I said they had penciled them in.  That's exactly what they did.

You said the "Iowa board". "They" is one guy posting a hypothetical lineup based on his made up thought?  You are reaching as usual.  

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1
  • Potato 1

13 minutes ago, WildTurk said:

You said the "Iowa board". "They" is one guy posting a hypothetical lineup based on his made up thought?  You are reaching as usual.  

Looks like there is at least speculation that Alirez is entering the portal. Worth discussing. 

20 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Looks like there is at least speculation that Alirez is entering the portal. Worth discussing. 

along with  90% of all the starters in the NCAA that "could" or have "speculation" to enter the portal. BTW there is a thread called "transfer portal"....

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

31 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Sure, but that's not what the pastry is doing.  He's pretending that there is some rampant belief that Iowa is getting any or all of these guys into the room, thus when they don't come, it's now worthy of mockery.  The only guy there is any sustained speculation about is Parco, and that's because actual news guys like Willie are mentioning it as a possibility.  The other stuff is either the notoriously untrustworthy Minnow or just one guy making wild speculation.

• Brain 1
  • Fire 2

3 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

The Iowa board has penciled in some transfers next year but I haven't seen any official word on commitments.  Any truth that these 3 will be in the black and gold next year?

141 - Alirez

149 - Parco

157 - Teemer

HWT - Hendrickson

Id be shocked if Andrew Alirez was on any list outside of Northern Colorado where he expressed loyalty to his roots.