Carter Starocci to Pitt?

Sonnen said that Starocci has been offered $400k to wrestle in the NCAA next season.  It is hard to imagine that this offer was coming from Pitt.  It is also somewhat hard to believe anything Sonnen says.  He starts talking about Starocci at 4:20 in the video.

2 minutes ago, fishbane said:

Sonnen said that Starocci has been offered $400k to wrestle in the NCAA next season.  It is hard to imagine that this offer was coming from Pitt.  It is also somewhat hard to believe anything Sonnen says.  He starts talking about Starocci at 4:20 in the video.

I think he would be nuts to pass up $400k to win another NCAA title.

• Bob 3

7 minutes ago, fishbane said:

It's also hard to imagine that offer coming from Penn State.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

It's also hard to imagine that offer coming from Penn State.

Exactly, PSU always goes slightly lower than the rumors.   So $399K is the probably the PSU offer with a "I was never offered $400K" denial coming.   He is only coming back because he loves Jesus and wrestling and pissing on graves and spitting on people, but not for the money or to win 5 titles....

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clown 1

22 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

Exactly, PSU always goes slightly lower than the rumors.   So $399K is the probably the PSU offer with a "I was never offered $400K" denial coming.   He is only coming back because he loves Jesus and wrestling and pissing on graves and spitting on people, but not for the money or to win 5 titles....

*Pissing on graveyards.

The Tweet didn't even make sense. Dude is out there just spraying random graves left and right.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

*Pissing on graveyards.

The Tweet didn't even make sense. Dude is out there just spraying random graves left and right.

I don not begrudge Starocci whatever NIL $$ he can pull down.  Just hope he spends some of it on a media consultant (not the one used by the Ferraris or Bo N) so he can stop stepping on his own dick on social media with fake tough guy posts.   Hard to reconcile the grave pissing and face spitting character with the humble "all glory to god" disciple. 

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dogbone said:

don't forget sucker punching coaches!

27 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

does anyone in the portal have PA ties?

Carter Starocci is from Erie, Pa which is just a couple of hours north of Pittsburgh! I am sticking with my prediction no matter how stupid it is. I'm Jimmy Cinnabon afterall.

I kinda agree with the real Jimmy actually.  I don’t think PSU offers him a huge number (which $400k is).  But I’d be shocked if he goes anywhere besides PSU.  But I’ll admit I was skeptical he’d come back at all and it is seeming like he likely will.

4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I kinda agree with the real Jimmy actually.  I don’t think PSU offers him a huge number (which $400k is).  But I’d be shocked if he goes anywhere besides PSU.  But I’ll admit I was skeptical he’d come back at all and it is seeming like he likely will.

I think PSU will get him whatever they have to. They aren't having the first and hopefully only 5 timer wearing an ISU singlet or whatever.

Edited by Hammerlock3

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Just now, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Financially, what is the upside of Starocci not wrestling for NCAA next year?  It's not like he's got a million dollar UFC contract lined up.

My prediction has always been that if he fails to make the Olympic team then he will be back wrestling in college if he wants to take a shot at the Olympics. He has to now wait four years to try again and what is he going to do in those four years? He can focus on freestyle but he isn't going to wrestle as much as he does in college doing that. He can certainly wrestle another year in the NCAA and then train for the next three after that in freestyle. It's not like that extra year of freestyle training right now is going to be what puts him over the edge, at least if you ask me. Three years to prepare for an Olympic run seems like plenty and if he is offered more money to wrestle in college than he would at the NLWC then it's a no brainer.

I'm a huge Starocci fan but he's not really much of a freestyler.  And he's a tweener size-wise.

It makes the most sense for him to win a 5th NCAA title then parlay that into a UFC career.  There's no reason he can't be as big (or bigger) prospect for UFC than Bo Nickal.

53 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I'm a huge Starocci fan but he's not really much of a freestyler.  And he's a tweener size-wise.

It makes the most sense for him to win a 5th NCAA title then parlay that into a UFC career.  There's no reason he can't be as big (or bigger) prospect for UFC than Bo Nickal.

he's not as athletic as nickal. (tim johnson haters should love this post)

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I think he could grow into 86kg nicely. He might not be elite at freestyle yet but he certainly has a skillset that should translate nicely. He holds position really well, rarely ever gets taken down, good hand fighter.