Are all the Pro-Palestine, anti Israel protests helping or hurting the Democrats?

Just now, Hammerlock3 said:

No I was implying it was the only thing they could offer for a temporary ceasefire because they need to hide behind the living ones.

You are being willfully ignorant repeatedly by claiming Israel should leave gaza with the hostages and hamas intact.

yes what you were implying was BS. there is a concrete offer on the table. that’s the fact. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

20% of israel is muslim, so no its not a theocratic state.

I'm not dignifying the genocide implication with a response.

that’s not what a theocracy means. maybe you need the dictionary.

50,000 christians live in palestine btw (israel’s killed many of them too)

Edited by uncle bernard

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

that’s not what a theocracy means. maybe you need the dictionary

no, israel is not "a system of government in which priests rule in the name of god". Again you needed the dictionary.

• Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

8 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

that’s not what a theocracy means. maybe you need the dictionary.

50,000 christians live in palestine btw (israel’s killed many of them too)

your attempts to assume and take advantage of these tribal perspectives is racist.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Offthemat said:

And it’s been estimated that as many ‘civilians’ participated in October 7th as Hamas terrorists.  

Many 'Civilians'  in Palestine are parts of other radical terrorist organizations.  Hesbullah has a presence. PLO and about 10 other organizations that are recognized as terrorists by the west that call for the extermination of Israel.    Hamas.,Palestine Islamic Jihad. Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade.  Popular Resistance Committees (PRC).  Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP), Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP). Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine - General Command (PFLP-GC), Harakat al-Sabireen.  Palestinian Liberation Front (PLF)

Edited by Threadkilla
  • Bob 1

6 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Many 'Civilians'  in Palestine are parts of other radical terrorist organizations.  Hesbullah has a presence. PLO and about 10 other organizations that are recognized as terrorists by the west that call for the extermination of Israel.  

Yeah, their kid’s coloring books are radical terrorist themed. 

• Bob 1
  • Stalling 1

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

What happened in 1948 that might have affected Jewish migration in the middle east? Did they, idk, establish a Jewish ethnostate right around the corner fulfilling a 2000 year old dream of returning to the holy land?

Did they???  Who’s they?  You’re a 🤡 

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

your attempts to assume and take advantage of these tribal perspectives is racist.

This 💯!!!!   Uncle Protester is totally racist. 

I think UB is becoming even more of an antisemite and radicalized as he continues to spend time at the encampment spewing anti-American and Israel rhetoric while continuing to gain more and more support for a terrorist organization.  If he/him/they isn't already, the kid should be on a list somewhere.

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

he's not racist. he just hates america and, generally speaking, can't untie 'winners' from 'oppressors'

like i said to about the podcast he had me listen to for some reason...I don't mean racist in the sense that he has beliefs which are essentially immoral, resentment fueled ignorance, I mean racist in the sense that he clearly thinks observing racial trends is important for long term progress which they aren't.

For Israel, the war in Gaza makes complete sense from a secular perspective.

• Bob 1

This is pretty powerful.  Signed by many Jewish students at Columbia University apparently.

https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/e/2PACX-1vRQgyDhIjZupO2H-2rIDXLy_zkf76RoM-_ZIYsOfn9FkI7TETgRtOfXK9VobMvGh6iEZfDPgALXJTCR/pub

Note - this pretty much equates being Jewish with Israel.  I do agree with @uncle bernard that this should not be done.  I believe one can be anti-Zionist and not be anti-Jew / anti-Semitic.  I get that some disagree with that.  

Still, a powerful read.  The fact that there were some anti Israel protestors right after Oct 7 is still mind boggling to me.  I remember being disgusted at the time.

• Bob 2

6 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

I think UB is becoming even more of an antisemite and radicalized as he continues to spend time at the encampment spewing anti-American and Israel rhetoric while continuing to gain more and more support for a terrorist organization.  If he/him/they isn't already, the kid should be on a list somewhere.

you're such a freak lol fantasizing about the government cracking down an an internet poster? loser mentality

5 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

like i said to about the podcast he had me listen to for some reason...I don't mean racist in the sense that he has beliefs which are essentially immoral, resentment fueled ignorance, I mean racist in the sense that he clearly thinks observing racial trends is important for long term progress which they aren't.

For Israel, the war in Gaza makes complete sense from a secular perspective.

no matter how many times I explain it to you, you keep thinking that this in anyway impacts the tenets of antizionism. i gave you too much credit. i thought an adult would be able to glean the important threads from the  podcast: 

1) The history of the state of Israel

2) The basic tenets of antizionism held by many of the groups mentioned which are also shared by non-jewish antizionists. 

You asked for a resource to explain the antizionist perspective. I gave you a podcast with the entire history of the state and the reasons why many oppose it. It's not my fault you couldn't figure that out.

16 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

can you not follow the logic of the conversation?

1) you called hamas a theocracy

2) I said Israel is too

3) You said Israel can't be a theocracy because it has a muslim (and christian which you didn't mention) population

4) I pointed out that Palestine also a minority religious community

Either they're both theocracies or neither are.

33 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

This is pretty powerful.  Signed by many Jewish students at Columbia University apparently.

https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/e/2PACX-1vRQgyDhIjZupO2H-2rIDXLy_zkf76RoM-_ZIYsOfn9FkI7TETgRtOfXK9VobMvGh6iEZfDPgALXJTCR/pub

Note - this pretty much equates being Jewish with Israel.  I do agree with @uncle bernard that this should not be done.  I believe one can be anti-Zionist and not be anti-Jew / anti-Semitic.  I get that some disagree with that.  

Still, a powerful read.  The fact that there were some anti Israel protestors right after Oct 7 is still mind boggling to me.  I remember being disgusted at the time.

I think it's great that they are exercising they're right to free speech and making their voices heard. It's a little frustrating that they are claiming a monopoly on Jewish identity when many of the people they're talking about are Jewish themselves. I have not seen anybody give a convincing answer as to how a movement where Jews are overrepresented (meaning the antizionist movement has a higher percentage of Jewish participants than the population as a whole) is inherently antisemitic.

I think it's important to be able to hold that people on both sides have misbehaved consistently the entire time. I heard vile chants from Zionists counter-protesters (chanting Israel isn't killing *enough* kids as one example).

Antizionism isn't inherently antisemitic though there are antisemitic antizionists and zionism isn't inherently genocidal though there are genocidal zionists. judge individuals by their actions.

17 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

2) I said Israel is too

3) You said Israel can't be a theocracy because it has a muslim (and christian which you didn't mention) population

The fact that you are trying to protect arguments like this with your willful ignorance with what the word genocide(which would be the distinction between the two) is reprehensible. And again YOU WERE WRONG BY THE DICTIONARY DEFINITION. No one is gonna think is your getting dunked on if just admit you didn't have a tight grasp on the word. 

• Bob 1

29 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

no matter how many times I explain it to you, you keep thinking that this in anyway impacts the tenets of antizionism. i gave you too much credit. i thought an adult would be able to glean the important threads from the  podcast: 

1) The history of the state of Israel

2) The basic tenets of antizionism held by many of the groups mentioned which are also shared by non-jewish antizionists. 

You asked for a resource to explain the antizionist perspective. I gave you a podcast with the entire history of the state and the reasons why many oppose it. It's not my fault you couldn't figure that out.

The history of antizionism has nothing to do with the fact that Hamas has waved its right to be treated like anything but a malignant party in this equation. You're basically saying "Yeah but the jews must have done something pretty messed up to make hitler that mad."

5 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

The history of antizionism has nothing to do with the fact that Hamas has waved its right to be treated like anything but a malignant party in this equation. You're basically saying "Yeah but the jews must have done something pretty messed up to make hitler that mad."

lol no, man. keep flailing.

9 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

The fact that you are trying to protect arguments like this with your willful ignorance with what the word genocide(which would be the distinction between the two) is reprehensible. And again YOU WERE WRONG BY THE DICTIONARY DEFINITION. No one is gonna think is your getting dunked on if just admit you didn't have a tight grasp on the word. 

hamas doesn't fit your dictionary definition of genocide either buddy. 

32 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

2) I said Israel is too

you are saying that someone other than muslims live in gaza?