Jump to content

Are all the Pro-Palestine, anti Israel protests helping or hurting the Democrats?


Recommended Posts

Shit.  I’m answering.

If you set up a program to find threats against planes, one of the things that is doing is deterring attempts.  That is a WIN!  
 

When you set up a system to prevent X but that system is not perfect, does that mean to have no system?  Search online on how many things the TSA does find.  Google is your friend.  Is it perfect no.  Does it serve as a major deterrent yes.
 

You do your side no favors by continuing with these posts.  Some are likely a bit embarrassed.

  • Bob 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Shit.  I’m answering.

If you set up a program to find threats against planes, one of the things that is doing is deterring attempts.  That is a WIN!  
 

When you set up a system to prevent X but that system is not perfect, does that mean to have no system?  Search online on how many things the TSA does find.  Google is your friend.  Is it perfect no.  Does it serve as a major deterrent yes.
 

You do your side no favors by continuing with these posts.  Some are likely a bit embarrassed.

How good is our current TSA system if they let several people get on planes with live ammunition like we are literally seeing right now? People always say shrink the government here’s a good place to start because if the one government agency whose sole job is to prevent weapons, ammmo, drugs, and so on can not do that effectively maybe it doesn’t work

  • Clown 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

well I should say that I mean racist, not in the sense that it should disqualify them public discourse, but I do mean it in the literal sense, you could say something like "racialist" to take some of the teeth out of the expression but thats getting counterproductive.

To me the cohesion of the conversation hinged on the idea that 1) Jews are a race, which i don't believe, 2) races can and should be analyzed so general trends can noticed and situations like the war in Gaza can be diagnosed. If they had been examining the behavior of a group united by a common ideology, that would make sense to me, but they bounced back and forth between religious, secular, social ...etc. Jews as if grouping them together made sense in any meaningful way.

i’m not sure where you’re getting this. they don’t speak about jews as a monolith at all. the total opposite actually. 

genuinely confused how that was your takeaway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, braves121 said:

I remember having to take off my shoes at the airport for the rest of time  bc one time a guy tried to bring a bomb with his shoe. The TSA is all performance theatre anyway

Kinda like those Covid masks and jabs were huh?  

  • Bob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Shit.  I’m answering.

If you set up a program to find threats against planes, one of the things that is doing is deterring attempts.  That is a WIN!  
 

When you set up a system to prevent X but that system is not perfect, does that mean to have no system?  Search online on how many things the TSA does find.  Google is your friend.  Is it perfect no.  Does it serve as a major deterrent yes.
 

You do your side no favors by continuing with these posts.  Some are likely a bit embarrassed.

He doesn’t remember if he’s TPT or Braves121.  Cut him/her some slack. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, braves121 said:

How good is our current TSA system if they let several people get on planes with live ammunition like we are literally seeing right now? People always say shrink the government here’s a good place to start because if the one government agency whose sole job is to prevent weapons, ammmo, drugs, and so on can not do that effectively maybe it doesn’t work

Several people out of millions and millions.  You really are that stupid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

i’m not sure where you’re getting this. they don’t speak about jews as a monolith at all. the total opposite actually. 

genuinely confused how that was your takeaway

As I said, they scanned the spectrum of "jewish" people(religious, socialist, secular...etc), but there was nothing uniting the groups except what I view as an artificial veneer of race. The racial dimension is the monolith, and I don't see how the conversation is coherent without it.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Several people out of millions and millions.  You really are that stupid. 

Is someone bringing live ammunition through the airport a security risk?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, braves121 said:

The right says all they care about is freedom and small government- takes away child labor laws    
ummmmm taking away child labor laws IS less government  

the right says they care about students protesting at campus but have no problem with Jan 6.

im glad you finally admitted that Jan 6 was just that.  A protest.   a bunch of anarchists.   Just like what’s going on at many campuses right now.   And just like what went on in many of our inner cities after George Floyd.  All of the above I listed were anarchists.  Peaceful protests are fine 

the right says people should have autonomy to their medical choices and body, but not women

the left says more government for everyone except women’s bodies.  🤦‍♂️ the left says my body my choice unless it’s forcing someone to get a Covid jab to keep their job   Even trump is on board with abortion with restrictions.  Tell us how many abortions are actually because of rape, invest or even to save the mothers life   Then tell us how many abortions are repeat abortions where it’s being used as birth control   Hint: the latter is a lot more  

the right complains about immigrants who receive aid but vote against anything that will help the U.S. citizen

the right complains about ILLEGAL immigrants.   And the right votes for tax cuts which absolutely help U. S.  Citizens   Nice try  

The right says they care about the hungry and poor but block federal money that gives kids school lunches

there are a number of states that provide free meals for every child  I know I live in one   Find one that does as nobody is keeping you from doing it  

The right can not govern in the interest of anyone but it’s donors

the left can not govern in the interest of anyone but its donors   

 

Edited by JimmyBT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Is someone bringing live ammunition through the airport a security risk?

List em all for us.  Every one of them. It won’t take you long. 

Edited by JimmyBT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, braves121 said:

Israel just shut down operations of Al Jazeera. Shutting down free press isn’t totally something a country trying to cover things up and hide their actions do

Al Jazeera has also been banned in Saudi Arabia, Jordan, the United Arab Emirates Bahrain and Egypt

  • Jagger 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

It’s hard to miss when the right complains about it all day everyday but won’t pass legislation that WILL impact the southern border because Trump wants to run on it. 

as opposed to leftists who want it open, but then make 'liberated' zones that they control with wristbands... so they know who is in the camp...

weird right

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

The right says all they care about is freedom and small government- takes away child labor laws

the right says they care about students protesting at campus but have no problem with Jan 6.

the right says people should have autonomy to their medical choices and body, but not women

the right complains about immigrants who receive aid but vote against anything that will help the U.S. citizen

The right says they care about the hungry and poor but block federal money that gives kids school lunches

The right can not govern in the interest of anyone but it’s donors

1. consistent with small govt

2. the left had a problem with jan 6, but not 2020 or now

3. do the jab/but first define woman

4. not entirely true. we need to stop spending

5. we have that program.. you know how many poor kids go get the lunches? now do the rich kids who don't need it.

6. you mean like joe ...giving away money

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Because literally no one has ever done it or tried again. It’s hard to make an argument that the TSA protects us and actually finds risks and suspicious items because there are several Americans in prison in Turks and Caicos right now because TSA didn’t find the bullets they had in their luggage lol

gee, i wonder why they haven't

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

Ok Israel is at war. Is Al Jazeera a product of Hamas? Banning free press for no reason ins’t the slam dunk you think it is. They can not even justify why they are banning AJ

Let’s talk about banning things.  Women’s rights.   By the people you support. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

Al Jazeera has also been banned in Saudi Arabia, Jordan, the United Arab Emirates Bahrain and Egypt

And he wonders if they’d help Hamas. 🤦‍♂️ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

Because literally no one has ever done it or tried again. It’s hard to make an argument that the TSA protects us and actually finds risks and suspicious items because there are several Americans in prison in Turks and Caicos right now because TSA didn’t find the bullets they had in their luggage lol

It actually makes its own argument.  As YOU said nobody tries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

You do. Your full time work week is 40 hours and thankfully to union protests in the past you get overtime for over 40 hours worked good job!

The company I worked at had union spots all over the country.  They had lower wages, benefits weren’t as good and they worked just as many hours as the non union employees.  It was priceless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

Because literally no one has ever done it or tried again. It’s hard to make an argument that the TSA protects us and actually finds risks and suspicious items because there are several Americans in prison in Turks and Caicos right now because TSA didn’t find the bullets they had in their luggage lol

Maybe it just reveals the shortcomings of DEI.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

As I said, they scanned the spectrum of "jewish" people(religious, socialist, secular...etc), but there was nothing uniting the groups except what I view as an artificial veneer of race. The racial dimension is the monolith, and I don't see how the conversation is coherent without it.

judaism is a cultural identity as much as a religious one. secular jews consider themselves just as “jewish” as religious jews. 

it is a little strange that this is your hang up with a podcast about the history of of a state whose entire existence is predicated on judaism being a race. that is the explicit claim *of israel.*

the funny thing is that those podcasters would probably agree it’s not a race and that’s fundamental to their criticism of israel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Latest Rankings

  • College Commitments

    Colton Wade

    Sullivan County, Pennsylvania
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Clarion
    Projected Weight: 125

    Carson Neely

    Port Allegany, Pennsylvania
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Clarion
    Projected Weight: 285

    Christian Slack

    Wasatch via Snow College, Utah
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Utah Valley
    Projected Weight: 197

    Kaden Bennie

    Layton, Utah
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Utah Valley
    Projected Weight: 174

    Kasey Curtis

    North Sanpete via Snow College, Utah
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Utah Valley
    Projected Weight: 133
×
×
  • Create New...