Ferrari dose for the day

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I was assuming cameraguy was on the team too

maybe. Obviously I'm more interested in ferrari for supporting the narrative that many of us seem to enjoy, so perhaps confirmation bias.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

14 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

maybe. Obviously I'm more interested in ferrari for supporting the narrative that many of us seem to enjoy, so perhaps confirmation bias.

I hope Michigan and CSUB meet this year and I hope Focus goes up to HWT.

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 10/5/2024 at 12:37 PM, Hammerlock3 said:

He does have Garret Nijenhuis to wrestle with. Thats a 174 so not gonna push him, but the guy can definitely wrestle...easy to find too because him and Ferrari are the only non-californians i saw on the roster

They really don't recruit kids that aren't in Cali already, because they don't have the money. An out of stater could walk on, but they really don't seek those top kids out of Cali. They can't afford to. 

I think Luke is only working with 4 or 5 schollys. That's why I hope the Ferrari can get things moving out there, in a positive way. 

• Brain 1

Other than @Idahohas anyone else thought about the possibility that if Ferrari has a great season, that he could be instrumental in growing wrestling in the west & Intermountain west? 

I would love to see more teams out in those regions! 

• Potato 1

4 minutes ago, TexRef said:

Other than @Idahohas anyone else thought about the possibility that if Ferrari has a great season, that he could be instrumental in growing wrestling in the west & Intermountain west? 

I am sure everyone wants more wrestling in the west and intermountain regions, but to think Ferrari can be a catalyst for building something is to ignore his history.

• Bob 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I am sure everyone wants more wrestling in the west and intermountain regions, but to think Ferrari can be a catalyst for building something is to ignore his history.

If he has success he'll be gone for more NIL$.  If he doesn't have success he's gone.  Odds are he won't make the end of the season.  

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, ionel said:

If he has success he'll be gone for more NIL$.  If he doesn't have success he's gone.  Odds are he won't make the end of the season.  

How does Ferrari end his season?

1) Complete the season with no disciplinary issues.
2) Thrown off the team for disciplinary issues.
3) Arrested.
4) Academically ineligible.
5) Injured.
6) Quits in frustration.
7) Voted off the island by his teammates.

#2 seems most likely given the history.

Add your guesses here!

• Bob 1

48 minutes ago, Saylors_Tiny_Willie said:

3) Arrested.
5) Injured.
6) Quits in frustration.

Add your guesses here!

* 5) Injured (two categories): 5 a) Injured on the mat; and 5 b) Injured off the mat (lifting, fighting, otherwise reckless behavior)

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Saylors_Tiny_Willie said:

3) Arrested.
5) Injured.
6) Quits in frustration.

Add your guesses here!

😎 squashed by deadlift barbell and 670 lbs of weights.  

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, TexRef said:

If he makes it through the season and has success, it will be a win win for him and Bakersfield. If Ninja 9 cheese gets to the podium as well it will be the first time in forever CSUB had  two AA. The key word is IF. Even if he leaves after 1 year, it's still a benefit to the Bakersfield recruiting and brand that they had success with a ticking time bomb. Good recruiting pitch. 

Most people don't want to see him actually succeed. His history and ego make him hard to root for.

• Bob 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

6 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

He may not "build" but if he makes it through the season unscathed and has success, it will definitely be a recruiting point for CSUB even if he leaves for NIL. 

And I will go out on a short limb here and say that the Pac-12 may be the best conference in the country at 197. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

8 hours ago, ionel said:

I don’t really think anyone else will take him even if he has success, because there will still be the risk of him imploding later.

Seems like he should help Bakersfield sell some tickets as long as he lasts though.

• Bob 1

57 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I don’t really think anyone else will take him even if he has success, because there will still be the risk of him imploding later.

Seems like he should help Bakersfield sell some tickets as long as he lasts though.

its fairly shocking what winning can do to peoples memories. If he doesn't do anything ***I am an idiot and can't use a better adjective***ed and is an undefeated champ he is going somewhere and getting paid to do it.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Why would new "fans" show up to buy tickets for a sport they haven't supported in the past just to be flipped off by their own athlete?  

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Saylors_Tiny_Willie said:

Did you mean 'unpopular' or were you dropped on your head?

The fact that people love to hate him doesn't mean unpopular. He gets eyeballs on his name at a rate no other wrestler in the NCAAs does. That means popular, no?

• Clown 1

17 hours ago, ionel said:

Why would new "fans" show up to buy tickets for a sport they haven't supported in the past just to be flipped off by their own athlete?  

Because they are college kids! 

22 hours ago, Idaho said:

He may not "build" but if he makes it through the season unscathed and has success, it will definitely be a recruiting point for CSUB even if he leaves for NIL. 

And I will go out on a short limb here and say that the Pac-12 may be the best conference in the country at 197. 

Short of a fundamental transformation in the personality of Ford Focus, I struggle to see how this helps CSUB moving forward no matter how well AJ does.

Is there anyone in the wrestling community who doesn't look at this move cynically? Is there one wrestler, parent or high school coach who is giving CSUB a 2nd look because AJ is on campus? I would guess there are more people scratching CSUB off their list than adding it to their list.

I wish CSUB nothing but the best. I saw Mark Cody turn American U. into a program that punched well above its weight at NCAAs by targeting a couple key prospects with high integrity with full scholarships to help attract other quality individuals to the program. Assuming CSUB has at least some scholarship money to work with, I would encourage them to do the same. CA is a wrestling gold mine - keeping just a few top prospects home could do wonders at CSUB.  

• Brain 1

Dan McDonald, Penn '93
danmc167@yahoo.com

2 hours ago, WrestlingRash said:

The fact that people love to hate him doesn't mean unpopular. He gets eyeballs on his name at a rate no other wrestler in the NCAAs does. That means popular, no?

LIke drivers slowing for Car Wrecks and on the highwayk?

• Bob 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

10 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

LIke drivers slowing for Car Wrecks and on the highwayk?

And AJ might not be alive if a driver hadn't stopped for a car wreck and it had to be the right driver.  Not sure anyone but that football coach could've pulled a 200+ lb Ferrari out of that SUV.  

• Bob 1