John Smith retires

9 hours ago, ionel said:

This was all thought out and planned, it started last year.

So hypothetically, if Esposito left on his own, would Coleman Scott have been informed of this plan if it wasn’t for him to take over?

Know the OK State AD, they took their time with the new MBB coach so they clearly are looking for a dude certain fundamentals. Still its going to be Scott, but they are going to take their time with this.

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

So hypothetically, if Esposito left on his own, would Coleman Scott have been informed of this plan if it wasn’t for him to take over?

Define "left on his own."  I'd guess this was more of a plan of looking for a good opportunity given Espo wasn't going to be the guy.  

18 hours ago, gromit said:

really? Seay it ain't so

Lol not sure this is a relevant fear for someone contemplating taking the reigns at OSU. 30+ years ago, at least 5 ADs ago...

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Minnow saying that DT is on a flight to OKC.

Came to hear to say this. Heard from a reliable source, not Minnow, DT has interviewed for the job. 👀🤠

Edited by Winners Circle

How good does Coleman Scott look when they can say DT was rejected? The Unicorn has collegiate coaching experience. This is a no-brainer.

9a22333959277fd86ab0899556c52230.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer for Coleman Scott when all signs pointed to you becoming the head coach....and oh yeah, we are bringing in David Taylor to interview. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

59 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

How good does Coleman Scott look when they can say DT was rejected? The Unicorn has collegiate coaching experience. This is a no-brainer.

Some of this appears to be sarcasm.  Nobody won any NCAA titles during WWI.  OkSt won 0 during the Korean Conflict. Depending on WWII definition OkSt won in '42 while the US was involved and won '40/'41 when we weren't.

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Bummer for Coleman Scott when all signs pointed to you becoming the head coach....and oh yeah, we are bringing in David Taylor to interview. 

Yup, kinda even if he does get the job…. So I think answer to the question of it being a bad sign for Coleman that he hadn’t been named yet was proven to be yes…

1 hour ago, gimpeltf said:

Some of this appears to be sarcasm.  Nobody won any NCAA titles during WWI.  OkSt won 0 during the Korean Conflict. Depending on WWII definition OkSt won in '42 while the US was involved and won '40/'41 when we weren't.

That guy can't even get where Mark Hall is assisting right.

1 hour ago, gimpeltf said:

Blue Button Society is not known for their fact checking ability.  Many of their FB posts are loaded with errors.

2 hours ago, lu_alum said:

The only thing I remember from that last OSU Penn State dual...

Screenshot 2024-05-03 7.23.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-03 7.23.03 PM.png

3 hours ago, lu_alum said:

Pardon the typo... clearly I meant to say "The Unicorn has NO collegiate coaching experience"

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ionel said:

We are still in academic year 2023/2024.  

9 hours ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

It still says the 2023-24 roster.

Wait til closer to the season starts.

The Cowboy Wrestling Club website is SO not updated either.

When a coach leaves, you update the website. You don't wait for the next season. They have an interim coach.

OSU hasn't bothered for nearly a month. It's in multiple locations, including the drop-down menu for the sport page under "Team Info" and on the athletic department staff directory.

He's no longer the head coach. We aren't talking about a shoestring operation at OSU - they just haven't done it. Does it mean anything for the coaching search? Probably not - I was being somewhat hyperbolic in the first post. But they certainly haven't cared enough to update things which means something. 

If you were talking about the actual roster, I'd agree, but not with the head coach. 

Edited by TylerDurden

39 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

When a coach leaves, you update the website. You don't wait for the next season. They have an interim coach.

OSU hasn't bothered for nearly a month. It's in multiple locations, including the drop-down menu for the sport page under "Team Info" and on the athletic department staff directory.

He's no longer the head coach. We aren't talking about a shoestring operation at OSU - they just haven't done it. Does it mean anything for the coaching search? Probably not - I was being somewhat hyperbolic in the first post. But they certainly haven't cared enough to update things which means something. 

If you were talking about the actual roster, I'd agree, but not with the head coach. 

You have really paid attention to many D1 wrestling web sites have you.   🤔