Bono NEEDS to go

22 hours ago, Southend said:

What? Give him a chance to fulfill his commitment. You instant gratification youngsters need to be “schooled “ in patients!

I agree. Extend Bono now.  Is impact is great for the Badgers. 

10 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

The best place for Braxton Amos would be a D1 school with a fellow Greco world team member around his weight and an outstanding Greco RTC. Can anyone think of one? I'll pop the Champaign if you find it.

🤔

• Bob 1

15 minutes ago, Southend said:

Ok, I  guess they weren’t convincing enough the first time. Sorry. 

Or you just don't read good.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

20 minutes ago, Southend said:

Of course, that’s it. How could it be otherwise. Give me another chance. 

I mean... it's all still there, bud.

Read again.

If it hurts, drink a bottle of Jack and move on.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Northern Michigan, our MGR Mecca.

You mean the upper peninsula? I never go there. Yupers are some weird folk and I would rather stay in Wisconsin personally.

i am an idiot on the internet

Now I am one of the bigger detractors that has no actual horse in the race... but why does Bono get the full brunt of his Wiscy failure?

I find myself pretty excited about the idea of Reader to CMU... but Reader has been there with Bono the whole time, yeah?

Maths isn't mathing.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Now I am one of the bigger detractors that has no actual horse in the race... but why does Bono get the full brunt of his Wiscy failure?

I find myself pretty excited about the idea of Reader to CMU... but Reader has been there with Bono the whole time, yeah?

Maths isn't mathing.

Bono gets the full blame for the program declining because every All American level guy has transferred away from UW except Barnett and the biggest issue is that the state of Wisconsin has a ton of elite high school recruits that all decide to go elsewhere. Some people in the state blame Askren, but the reality is whatever issues Bono and Ben have is Bonos problem because he needs Ben's athletes but Ben doesn't need Bono.

• Bob 2

1 hour ago, Disappointed_Badger_Fan said:

Bono gets the full blame for the program declining because every All American level guy has transferred away from UW except Barnett and the biggest issue is that the state of Wisconsin has a ton of elite high school recruits that all decide to go elsewhere. Some people in the state blame Askren, but the reality is whatever issues Bono and Ben have is Bonos problem because he needs Ben's athletes but Ben doesn't need Bono.

I am not disputing any of that, really.

Prevailing wisdom should dictate, though, that his #1 Assistant would not be a home run HC hire, right?  Even if he had no say in anything, the indifference to the shit show in Wiscy is also not okay, right?

I am trying to make sense of it because I actually want Reader to be a rockstar of a HC at CMU (if he gets the job) for the next 20-30 years.

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I am not disputing any of that, really.

Prevailing wisdom should dictate, though, that his #1 Assistant would not be a home run HC hire, right?  Even if he had no say in anything, the indifference to the shit show in Wiscy is also not okay, right?

I am trying to make sense of it because I actually want Reader to be a rockstar of a HC at CMU (if he gets the job) for the next 20-30 years.

CMU, please do not hire Reader, he has proven nothing as a coach

6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Maths isn't mathing.

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2024 at 12:22 PM, Gus said:

Are you sure they would be taking a paycut? Bono his making around $300,000 a year. I am sure they are doing well with the wrestling academy but I would be very surprised if each of these guys was pulling in $300,000 from the academy. 

No, I'm not positive...maybe they're not all making 300K from just AWA. I'm not in the know. I heard a rumor they offered 1 million to buy Crass Wrestling to put their names on it and have Crass keep running it. I trust the people I heard it from, but you know how that game of telephone goes. 

Of course, they'd seem to have quite a bit of free time(relative to being a B1G HC, recruiting and rebuilding a program with shit facilities) and they don't have to deal with compliance issues or recruiting or any of that. Messenbrink is watching his own kid...and that's before looking at it from UW's perspective.

They've been pretty clear about Ben. 

Max would probably be a great HC...especially as it'd open up Wisconsin, but he's never been a College coach. I'd think UW would want that as a requirement.

Messenbrink, never been a College coach and he's watching his kid. Would you rather watch your kid go win 3 NCAA Titles and travel around the Country, or would you rather jump in at Wisconsin and have a far more strict schedule and miss a lot of his matches?

On 3/26/2024 at 10:55 AM, steamboat_charlie said:

Is Bryan Snyder not HC in waiting there? 

Probably. I was just going through the next wave of big names who could in theory attract talent as a result of their own success like Smith, Gable and now Cael have done.

I'm just kinda thinking out loud here. If Snyder is next up...then well, I still don't think JB is coming to Wisconsin, but I'd sure as hell try to get him there.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Disappointed_Badger_Fan said:

You have got to be kidding me. This worthless used car salesman excuse for a coach gets extended. What has he done to earn an extention 

He recently coached Seth Gross to a backside victory at OTT.

• Haha 1