Session 6 - Championship Finals Saturday March 23 2024

Just now, VakAttack said:

That is a weird comment from Nickal.

Not when you take in to context that he is a mentor, friend, and teammate to Sta(l)rocci so his comment is extremely biased.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 minute ago, forkemaz said:

It wouldn't even make sense do Christians not understand they worship the Jewish God? The difference is literally over if Jesus was messiah and if gentiles are also God people.  It wouldn't even make sense to diss the jews, the people chosen to bring us Jesus. 

I'd assume Aaron with his constant preaching has read the books.

he didn't say it.

why are you taking swipes at christians for something that wasn't said.

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Perhaps? Just admit it. You are digging the hole deeper.

Yes, perhaps, because it was what I thought I heard. It’s not outside the realm of possibility for Mr. Brooks.

..that said I went back and re-listened a couple times. His: out-of-breath and slight accent got me.

I’ve made a mistake. I was incorrect. He didn’t not say anything about a Jew.

• Bob 1
  • Ban Basketball 1

2 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

It wouldn't even make sense do Christians not understand they worship the Jewish God? The difference is literally over if Jesus was messiah and if gentiles are also God people.  It wouldn't even make sense to diss the jews, the people chosen to bring us Jesus. 

I'd assume Aaron with his constant preaching has read the books.

Edit: I don't care if this isn't a sexy post. Don't like it? Then every one including Aaron should shut up about religion

You are acting like he said it when he did not

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

Just now, Scouts Honor said:

he didn't say it.

why are you taking swipes at christians for something that wasn't said.

I'm not taking swipes at anyone I'm explaining why he wouldn't say something against Jewish people.  And I'm doing so with the context of being someone who understands the works if you don't like it you're welcome to do whatever you please.

15 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Wait, what?

15 minutes ago, D3UC157 said:

Pretty sure that was one of his first lines. I could be mistaken.

I was, in-fact mistaken.  My apologies.

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

You are acting like he said it when he did not

No I am not. I am explaining why it would not make sense for him to say such a thing. I'm sorry if my thought process made it seem otherwise.

1 minute ago, D3UC157 said:

Yes, perhaps, because it was what I thought I heard. It’s not outside the realm of possibility for Mr. Brooks.

..that said I went back and re-listened a couple times. His: out-of-breath and slight accent got me.

I’ve made a mistake. I was incorrect. He didn’t not say anything about a Jew.

With all due respect, this is the most stoopid comment in the history of wrestling forums.

I said with all due respect so don't be adamn sissy and try to argue about it.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 minutes ago, Pa in Taiwan said:

THIS is the right attitude when another team reaches a goal and breaks a record. It demonstrates a fan who is able to remove his homer glasses and recognize a great team and performance. I feel you on Kasak. The kid stepped up in a major way this year, filling in up a weight class for an injured SVN, wrestling an amazing season and then showing the heart to wrestle back for third after dropping his first match. Root for your wrestlers and your teams. 

Why would Hawk fans be rooting more for PSU not to break the (ancient) record than for their own team to perform well? Mr. PeanutButter, I salute you. 

Vak, can you give us some insight into your views on the importance of PSU NOT breaking the record? 

Past laurels help soften the impact when you team falls from grace.  PSU fans don't need the record right now but eventually the wheel turns and this year will come in handy.

I'm not taking swipes at anyone I'm explaining why he wouldn't say something against Jewish people.  And I'm doing so with the context of being someone who understands the works if you don't like it you're welcome to do whatever you please.

you said and i quote

do christians not understand that they worship a jewish God

that is taking a swipe at christians... 

5 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

you said and i quote

do christians not understand that they worship a jewish God

that is taking a swipe at christians... 

Yes but not Aaron. Most Christians do not have a grasp on the books, their history, and what they mean. They are not active learners. They are the same as people who just listen to the news. I myself do not do that. And as I said I also assume Brooks does not do that. As a Christian you ought to know the state of the world right now and it ain't great for God fearing people.

Edit. Christians do worship the Jewish God. It's just fact. Look at the lineage of the books man...

Edited by forkemaz

23 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I'm going to have to double check those numbers.

You need someone else to go out there and try to Roger Maris PSU's record for you because when they make the movie your character is never presented in a good light.  

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Yes but not Aaron. Most Christians do not have a grasp on the books, their history, and what they mean. They are not active learners. They are the same as people who just listen to the news. I myself do not do that. And as I said I also assume Brooks does not do that. As a Christian you ought to know the state of the world right now and it ain't great for God fearing people.

so you just said you didn't take a swipe at christians

but now are taking a 2nd swipe.

why isn't it good for God fearing people? 

3 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

Edit. Christians do worship the Jewish God. It's just fact. Look at the lineage of the books man...

i know this. most christians DO.

• Brain 1

3 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

You need someone else to go out there and try to Roger Maris PSU's record for you because when they make the movie your character is never presented in a good light.  

I don't care how I look. I have to do what's right!*

*for my wounded pride

1 minute ago, Scouts Honor said:

so you just said you didn't take a swipe at christians

but now are taking a 2nd swipe.

why isn't it good for God fearing 

Explain to me where I slighted you and then I can educate you on the history of your religion. I beleive in God. I love the story and message of Jesus. You being close minded means nothing to me. Most Christians today arnt really christian and I have no problem saying so. If you do you should take a look around. 

38 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

I mean, Carter and Bo would do the same thing (target the leg). Big whoop, it's called reality. Not everyone is trying to be the next prophet, he's speaking facts 

Yes, I agreed it’s a reality. I just don’t really think it’s a great thing to say as the announcer. I’m not real concerned about it though. I still love JB and loved his response to Nickal 😂 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, swoopdown said:

Past laurels help soften the impact when you team falls from grace.  PSU fans don't need the record right now but eventually the wheel turns and this year will come in handy.

Fair enough. I guess that's the root of the idiom "resting on your laurels". In ancient Greece, the laurel was a plant that was sacred to Apollo. Winning athletes at the Pythian Games received laurel wreaths. The wheel does always turn, and as a PSU fan I look forward to seeing other teams rising up and a multipolar NCAA tournament. Unipolarism is ugly and boring, both in NCAA wrestling and in geopolitics. I hope PSU continues to reload and face tough competition. The Ohio State has a tough young team of hammers. Cornell has a lot of depth. NCAA tournaments will continue to be exciting, and there's no place to rest on the laurels, even for PSU.