Session 6 - Championship Finals Saturday March 23 2024

Just now, pokemonster said:

Let's hope he doesn't take a helicopter to the Olympics

Too soon, man.  Too soon and too cold.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

14 minutes ago, boconnell said:

You can't seriously think FS rules would have benefitted Messenbrink in that match.

Well, I wasn't thinking that, but now that you mention it ... there would be no riding time in freestyle and they would have been on their feet the whole match, which frankly would have favored Mesenbrink over time.

But of course you have to win within the rule set and Carr did that.   Mesenbrink should have known about RT but it was probably the first time it came into play against him all season.

All that I'm saying is that I think I would favor M. in a rematch at folkstyle (which won't happen because Carr graduates) and at freestyle

2 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

This band (The Stallrochis) is bullshit.  Me and @flyingcement are leaving.  After the tour of course.  But maybe not

And probably maybe I am going to be all upset and take to the Twattersphere about it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eagle26 said:

Impressive mental toughness by Starocci. I was never a fan of his but you have to respect his grit. On crutches 12 days ago… to winning a national title with a really tough draw!

Was he on crutches at big 10s?   Was that more than 10 days ago?   

1 minute ago, pawrestler said:

No chance he's effective down there especially with Dake JB MM and co in that bracket

He is legitimately three times the size of MM.

• Haha 1

Just now, misterchonger said:

Hard to believe Starocci will be cutting down to 74kg in a month, on one leg.

I will be very surprised if he makes that weight and is effective, especially against guys like JB or Nolf or KOT, not to mention Dake.   I will be less surprised if he gives 86KG a go.

Just now, misterchonger said:

Maybe, he's that dude.  But he looked big.  Both JB and Dake looks noticeably smaller between 79kg and 74kg.

Yeah Dake looks weaponized at 79 KG.  He just has a big ole Cormier dome at 74 KG.

Just now, Pinnacle said:

Mese brink lost because his base defense is his offense and he is not great on bottom

He allowed the guy with the best blast double in NCAA D1 wrestling to set up a blast double.  Idiotic, honestly.

4 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

Well, I wasn't thinking that, but now that you mention it ... there would be no riding time in freestyle and they would have been on their feet the whole match, which frankly would have favored Mesenbrink over time.

But of course you have to win within the rule set and Carr did that.   Mesenbrink should have known about RT but it was probably the first time it came into play against him all season.

All that I'm saying is that I think I would favor M. in a rematch at folkstyle (which won't happen because Carr graduates) and at freestyle

I don't really see Carr gassing out in the shorter match 

He isn’t old yet.  But he did say he was gonna piss on his grave no?   Someone has the tweet.   Don’t pretend it wasn’t weird.  
Sorry, I was implying that his urine stream was about as strong as an old man's in the middle of the night. Carter got out a couple of drips, maybe.
  • Brain 1