Transfer Portal

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

First Iowa got Woods.  Now they're getting the guy who beat Woods.

So its a good bet Alirez does not win it next year.  

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, No BS Fan said:

Iowa does have a history of making 141 transfers worse

They have a good year, bc they believe in the singlet, but then they break down because that's what happens to every Iowa wrestler after their freshman year.  Eierman and Woods both did better than they ever had (finals), but then tanked because...stupid training will do that.

1 minute ago, RegularStalling said:

…and make ‘em worse.

Of their best transfer, most of them did their best work at Iowa.  Caliendo, Woods, Desanto, Eierman, Lugo (just off the top of my head) all had their best finishes in black and gold.

Just now, wrestle87 said:

They have a good year, bc they believe in the singlet, but then they break down because that's what happens to every Iowa wrestler after their freshman year.  Eierman and Woods both did better than they ever had (finals), but then tanked because...stupid training will do that.

This is a bad take, we've seen a drop off for what seems like every 6th/7th year guy throughout the NCAAs, even PSU with Max Dean.  College wrestling is too tough on the body for that long of a period of time.

• Bob 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Of their best transfer, most of them did their best work at Iowa.  Caliendo, Woods, Desanto, Eierman, Lugo (just off the top of my head) all had their best finishes in black and gold.

Hmm, Woods and Eierman concluded their stints with depreciating results. DeSanto came over after his true freshman season, and preceded to get blown past by a guy he was beating when he arrived on campus (RBY), and Caliendo had mixed results and a sweet draw at NCAAs. Lugo is the only one you can reasonably say “developed” on their watch, and we still didn’t get to see his likely disappointing result at NCAAs in ‘20.

Edited by RegularStalling

8 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Hmm, Woods and Eierman concluded their stints with depreciating results. DeSanto came over after his true freshman season, and preceded to get blown past by a guy he was beating when he arrived on campus (RBY), and Caliendo had mixed results and a sweet draw at NCAAs. Lugo is the only one you can reasonably say “developed” on their watch, and we still didn’t get to see his likely disappointing result at NCAAs in ‘20.

Oh, never mind, you're just here to hate and make logically inconsistent statements to get to a predetermined point.  "Austin Desanto didn't develop at Iowa" is a wild hater take. 

• Brain 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Yep....i.e. Bailey. 

Classic poach here.... Allirez brings a national title to a small program - he gets contacted by 3rd party with promises of huge money - leaves small program.  You can be all about guys getting their money, that's fine, just remember that in a few years when we see the consequences. 

It could be he's unhappy with his recent trials performance. It always seemed like Alirez succeeded despite his training situation, not because of it (although I have no idea who he trains with). He might just want to take the next step if he wants to achieve his goals.  If he won the Olympic trials, I wonder if we see him moving on.  

2 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

It could be he's unhappy with his recent trials performance. It always seemed like Alirez succeeded despite his training situation, not because of it (although I have no idea who he trains with). He might just want to take the next step if he wants to achieve his goals.  If he won the Olympic trials, I wonder if we see him moving on.  

Maybe he just wants to escape the stink coming out of the feedlots in Greeley.

33 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

One could say Iowa is currently "Transfer U".  Although Michigan is nipping at Iowa's heels for the title...

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Maybe he just wants to escape the stink coming out of the feedlots in Greeley.

Unfortunate but fair description of Greeley.  I cannot stress enough how much my trip to Greeley shook my faith in my belief that i knew what the rest of the country looked like.

Edited by VakAttack

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Iowa "Transfer U" - we won't make you better but we might make you transfer.

ftfy

Edited by ionel
  • Bob 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Unfortunate but fair description of Greeley.  I cannot stress enough hope much my trip to Greeley shook my faith in my belief that i knew what the rest of the country looked like.

(do you mean) how much?

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

You can definitely see the mountains, but they're way in the distance.  I went to Greeley for D2 nationals one year, and I'd never been to Colorado, so I didn't realize the...geographical layout.  For anyone who's never been, it is exactly as The Duke insinuates; Colorado is basically flat everywhere except for that pesky mountain range.  It looks like: 

/\

/      \

/            \

/                 \

/                       \

/                             \

_______________________________/______________________\______________________________________________________

You talking this mountain range?  🙅‍♀️

050128_maure_hmed_6a.jpg

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

His mole is the Hawkeye board.

The Hawkeye board was the first to share alleged figures offered to Woods, Nagao, Alirez, etc?

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

Eierman would’ve finished in as a finalist regardless of the school, Mizzou or Iowa. The weight had cleared out and him and Lee were clearly the top guys. 

• Bob 2
  • Brain 1