Transfer Portal

17 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

His results the last 18months or so have really fallen off compared to the start of his high school career and he seems to have the injury bug. Absolute freak athlete and he will wrestle for Rutgers which I think is what he really needs is to wrestle matches and figure out how to open up against good guys. I don't think he can crack the PSU lineup at 125/133 when you have guys like Cael nasdeo/dalton Perry/Nate Desmond who may not be able to do so.

Yep - agree 100.... He has dropped off, but still very talented. At the time of his commitment he was a top 5. I don't think he will start at PSU ever, so he is making a good decision IMO if he decides to go to Rutgers. 

• Bob 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

2 hours ago, Winners Circle said:

Butler was down at 141 in 2022, then was the backup to Hill at 157 in 2023. AHR transferred out following the 2023 season. Not sure how much Butler would have played into that. 

Wasn't he the starter pre-injury in 2023?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

50 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Erik will follow most likely 

Wasn't there some belief that Bassett would follow his buddies/relatives wherever they went?  I may have gotten that wrong, of course!

6 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Wasn't there some belief that Bassett would follow his buddies/relatives wherever they went?  I may have gotten that wrong, of course!

I had heard the same thing.  But now there seems to he greater separation between them as wrestlers so I'm not sure if it's still in the plans

1 hour ago, Winners Circle said:

Cannot confirm or deny. I just remember Hill qualifying that year.

It was redundant, I am sorry for misleading.  He was the starter prior to injury, then Hill took over.

• Bob 1

36 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Was there some? Yeah...I believed it. I had no reason to other than...it kinda made sense, but there was that belief!

I do wonder how hard it'll be for PSU to recruit some of this elite talent at some weights knowing...they're not going to see the mat in the near future. Gibson going there made no sense to me(Erik). Even before Messenbrink. 

But I guess if you're a stud, you believe you'll win that spot. 

• Bob 1

5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I doubt the current best wrestler out of the three, in Shawver, is going to be the one riding pine for a year in that scenario.

I don't think anyone said he would. They said perhaps he wouldn't use his 6th year, or worst case, Mason has to sit a year.

1 minute ago, scourge165 said:

I don't think anyone said he would. They said perhaps he wouldn't use his 6th year, or worst case, Mason has to sit a year.

Mine was an added, or additional, remark to yours.  I don't see it being Shawver that sits, providing he comes back.

• Bob 1

15 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Was there some? Yeah...I believed it. I had no reason to other than...it kinda made sense, but there was that belief!

I do wonder how hard it'll be for PSU to recruit some of this elite talent at some weights knowing...they're not going to see the mat in the near future. Gibson going there made no sense to me(Erik). Even before Messenbrink. 

But I guess if you're a stud, you believe you'll win that spot. 

Maybe it was $$$ which they offered trying to get Mason as well

How did Erik Gibson wrestle only 1 match (and win) at the National Collegiate Open without MFF’ing?  Couldn’t find brackets after a quick search

Edited by 1032004

10 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

How did Erik Gibson wrestle only 1 match (and win) at the National Collegiate Open without MFF’ing?  Couldn’t find brackets after a quick search

He didn't win ... he was pinned in the finals by Brian Borden (Idaho kid 🙂 ) in the finals. 

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/12159454-2024-national-collegiate-open/brackets

When a topic is discussed in one thread at decent length....then "someone" shows up late to the party and starts a new thread about it, generating dumb remarks,  we need a term for that. Hmmmm......

9 hours ago, H82Lose said:

what part of this is balls? Going into the transfer portal? Hill walked on at OU and beat out a highly recruited Wiley. So tell me what your expectations are for a walk on that took the starting position at OU? What if he earned a little bit of money and Kish took it away, what would you do?

What part of balls? Putting a big going away msg out there as if OU was actually losing somebody who mattered. Nobody cares that he's transferring, how upset can you be at losing a 13-13 Jr who regressed from his sophomore year? Too many of the kids today are obsessed with social media and NOT obsessed with becoming better wrestlers. 

• Confused 1
  • Clown 1