Transfer Portal

3 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

It’d be okay if it was a clean point swap of Larkin for Parco. In actuality, it’s going to be a point swap of Parco for McLane. 

any idea what they do with ysaguirre? is he big enough to go 149 and Larkin 157? or bump Vasquez and throw ysaguirre out at 141?

1 minute ago, poorwrestler said:

Didn’t Arizona state have kind of a logjam at 133-149 that this potentially helps? Idk their lineup very well, obviously. Between Vazquez, Ysaguirre, both Parco’s, Manville, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not have the highest of hopes for manville being an impact guy at least right away. Hes taken more losses since march than I've seen him ever take and Bassett just teched him in free at a Fargo qualifier. Mind you Bassett could AA right now but for a guy that has relied on dominating the hand fight it feels like he needs to be at the perfect weight.

3 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Didn’t Arizona state have kind of a logjam at 133-149 that this potentially helps? Idk their lineup very well, obviously. Between Vazquez, Ysaguirre, both Parco’s, Manville, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they go forward with the plan to bump Larkin/Teemer, it’ll probably be Ysa at 141 and Vasquez returning to 149. While it makes things functional from a dual standpoint, they’re still taking a real hit on team points.

Edited by RegularStalling
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Truzzcat said:

I do not have the highest of hopes for manville being an impact guy at least right away. Hes taken more losses since march than I've seen him ever take and Bassett just teched him in free at a Fargo qualifier. Mind you Bassett could AA right now but for a guy that has relied on dominating the hand fight it feels like he needs to be at the perfect weight.

Not at all bullish on Manville either. 

8 hours ago, OMW said:

and Joe Duca. If IU didn't have the weight cert issue in 2014-15, Duca could have done much better than what he finished with.

That’s wild that I don’t remember that , I always liked watching duca wrestle from his paulsboro days , just figured he peaked in high school like most paulsboro wrestlers I didn’t realize all these shenanigans went on…random but he just got inducted in the south Jersey hall of fame the end of last year 

53 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

Already confirmed Larkin is a stud. No matter the way the middles shake out, 197 is a huge hole. 

ASU had another kid not too long ago with some senior level success before entering the starting lineup… With Parco out they desperately need a pair of Transfers at 174/184 and 197.

4 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

ASU had another kid not too long ago with some senior level success before entering the starting lineup… With Parco out they desperately need a pair of Transfers at 174/184 and 197.

Think Teemer will go 165 and Ruiz 174 and Valencia 184. 

4 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

So are you thinking Ysa and Vasquez at 141/149? Only thing that gives me pause about that, is Larkin is weighing in at 143 pounds this weekend.

Fair point. However College season isn’t next month though. 

ASU vs Iowa dual would be a fun one

125: Richie Figueroa vs Drake Ayala

133: Julian Chlebove vs Kale Peterson

141: Emilio Ysaguirre vs Cullan Schriever

149: Jesse Vasquez vs Kyle Parco

157: Kaleb Larkin vs Mikey Caliendo

165: Jacori Teemer vs Patrick Kennedy

174: Nicco Ruiz vs Gabe Arnold

184: Cael Valencia vs Nelson Brands

197: Jacob Meissner(or perhaps tap into the portal) vs Zach Glazier

285: Cohlton Schultz vs Ben Kueter

12 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

ASU vs Iowa dual would be a fun one

125: Richie Figueroa vs Drake Ayala

133: Julian Chlebove vs Kale Peterson

141: Emilio Ysaguirre vs Cullan Schriever

149: Jesse Vasquez vs Kyle Parco

157: Kaleb Larkin vs Mikey Caliendo

165: Jacori Teemer vs Patrick Kennedy

174: Nicco Ruiz vs Gabe Arnold

184: Cael Valencia vs Nelson Brands

197: Jacob Meissner(or perhaps tap into the portal) vs Zach Glazier

285: Cohlton Schultz vs Ben Kueter

Where are the 3 Ferrari bros?  Asking for my friend Jimmy.

10 minutes ago, Bardamu911 said:

Valenica at 184 is still a hole at 184

It’s not great, but it’s not Meissner. Out bracket or not, he won a match at NCAAs. If Valencia is the weakest link come next March they did a good job in the portal. 

Edited by RegularStalling

5 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Surprised that ASU did not land Brockman. He would have been a good fit. 

Kind of surprised Bockman even entered the portal at all. I can only imagine Adam Hall and the staff he assembles will be more impressive than the previous staff.

1 minute ago, Winners Circle said:

Kind of surprised Bockman even entered the portal at all. I can only imagine Adam Hall and the staff he assembles will be more impressive than the previous staff.

Hall will do a fantastic job and I am pulling for him since he is an Idaho kid - Boise State grad and he's coming out West.  However, having zero workout partners, being a graduate  and going to a known commodity instead of a fresh start up is a no brainer to me. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I am not familiar with tOSU's situation but why hasn't Kharchla transferred? Was he injured this past year? I assumed Welsh beat him for the starting spot but I was always under the impression that Kharchla could start at almost any program.

13 minutes ago, charmon55 said:

I am not familiar with tOSU's situation but why hasn't Kharchla transferred? Was he injured this past year? I assumed Welsh beat him for the starting spot but I was always under the impression that Kharchla could start at almost any program.

He was hurt or else Welsh would have redshirted. 

• Bob 1