2024 NCAA Brackets

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

I think some on here care a lot more than Starocci does.

True.   Which is why these limited schedules particularly from PSU will continue.  It’s odd that there appears to be “committee intervention”’ on some weights but not with Starocci.

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

I don't think you understand the gravity of what just happened.  Mekhi got f*cked.  End of story

Someone gets farked no matter what if he is healthy.  I don’t necessarily like him but healthy him beats everyone.    You can’t try to make conference matter and let people skip it and not get punished.  This can be debated to eternity.  

how many psu fans bagged on tnt when 133 submitted late.   Rules are rules. They knew wrestling the literal least amount of matches in the bracket ruined their winning %.  They knew defaulting twice at conference wrecked that % and ruined their conf finish.   They literally scoffed at two of three seeding rules and people are now waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.   Definition of insanity lol.  

we had a human seeding committee not to long ago.  People whined so much that sometimes these humans made incorrect decisions and convinced the ncaa to implement a formula.  Now we have a formula.    

We’re like literally our worst enemy with constant complaining to change the rules super frequently.   From the stalling legislation crowd …. To the push out I want freestyle crowd….. to the fix all the qualifier crowd.   Seeding sucks crowd etc…… This paragraph wasn’t a reference to you sir John….. 

• Brain 1

3 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Someone gets farked no matter what if he is healthy.  I don’t necessarily like him but healthy him beats everyone.    You can’t try to make conference matter and let people skip it and not get punished.  This can be debated to eternity.  

Caveira, Carter's seed is borderline unethical.  You can talk about "getting punished" all you want but at the end of the day Mekhi literally has the worst draw of a #1 seed in history.  That's not how it's supposed to work 

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 minute ago, Caveira said:

how many psu fans bagged on tnt when 133 submitted late.   Rules are rules. They knew wrestling the literal least amount of matches in the bracket ruined their winning %.  They knew defaulting twice at conference wrecked that % and ruined their conf finish.   They literally scoffed at two of three seeding rules and people are now waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.   Definition of insanity lol.  

we had a human seeding committee not to long ago.  People whined so much that sometimes these humans made incorrect decisions and convinced the ncaa to implement a formula.  Now we have a formula.    

We’re like literally our worst enemy with constant complaining to change the rules super frequently.   From the stalling legislation crowd …. To the push out I want freestyle crowd….. to the fix all the qualifier crowd.   Seeding sucks crowd etc…… This paragraph wasn’t a reference to you sir John….. 

I agree. Rules have consequences. 

Put Carter anywhere and Carter does not care, but those who face him early do care. Gotta beat the whole field to win.

40 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Tough semi for O'Toole.

Tough quarter for O toole, Hall is the 9 and I expect him to beat Taylor and he always wrestle otoole tough , had him on the ropes this year and blew it lost like 7-6

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I don't think you understand the gravity of what just happened.  Mekhi got f*cked.  End of story

Ya never know, it worked out for Ruth.  

Huh? Who is upset with Carter’s draw?

I don’t think any PSU fan is upset with Carter’s draw. It’s about as good as it gets.

If you’re a VT fan, or Michigan fan, I g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, PortaJohn said:

Caveira, Carter's seed is borderline unethical.  You can talk about "getting punished" all you want but at the end of the day Mekhi literally has the worst draw of a #1 seed in history.  That's not how it's supposed to work 

What if Carter is only 85 percent and Mekhi beats him? 

Place Carter on Griffiths side and maybe Griffith is only 60 percent and everyone claims PSU was gifted. 

• Brain 1

3 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Hyperbole much?  LOL.  

5 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Everyone expected and was okay with him being “punished” but he should’ve been like the 5 seed at worst.  The 5 seed lost twice to Benny Baker at EIWA’s.  I guess that still screws Mekhi but not quite as badly at least.

2 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Have him wrestle more matches during the regular season than one other person in his bracket.  Maybe he’ll have a winning % that compares with people that wrestled conference.   Other than that go back to seeding committee that we had prior to this.  (That was better imo)

Even Carter tweeted he will beat everyone …. bla bla seed doesn’t matter. 

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

Huh? Who is upset with Carter’s draw?

I don’t think any PSU fan is upset with Carter’s draw. It’s about as good as it gets.

If you’re a VT fan, or Michigan fan, I g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58 rando people in this thread ?      Edit:   I didn’t count the Randos 

Just now, 1032004 said:

Everyone expected and was okay with him being “punished” but he should’ve been like the 5 seed at worst.  The 5 seed lost twice to Benny Baker at EIWA’s.  I guess that still screws Mekhi but not quite as badly at least.

If the 5 he still faces Mekhi correct?

Just now, Pinnacle said:

What if Carter is only 85 percent and Mekhi beats him? 

Place Carter on Griffiths side and maybe Griffith is only 60 percent and everyone claims PSU was gifted. 

I think we (including @Caveira) are arguing different points.  I'm more defending Mekhi than advocating for Carter.  I dont think he cares where he's seeded and he can win it at 80%

8 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

True.   Which is why these limited schedules particularly from PSU will continue.  It’s odd that there appears to be “committee intervention”’ on some weights but not with Starocci.

A lot of people on here were advocating for committee intervention at 165lbs the last few days. I wonder how many of those same people are arguing the opposite for 174lbs. 

1 minute ago, Caveira said:

Have him wrestle more matches during the regular season than one other person in his bracket.  Maybe he’ll have a winning % that compares with people that wrestled conference.   Other than that go back to seeding committee that we had prior to this.  (That was better imo)

Even Carter tweeted he will beat everyone …. bla bla seed doesn’t matter. 

Not disagreeing with you.  All fair points

• Brain 1

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

I think we (including @Caveira) are arguing different points.  I'm more defending Mekhi than advocating for Carter.  I dont think he cares where he's seeded and he can win it at 80%

If Lewis thinks he is good enough to win, then it won't matter to him either.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

17 minutes ago, Rassling said:

I don’t see this version of Vito getting through Crookman, but then again my mind flashes back to last years final.

I think Crookham beats him in a close one.  For his 3rd win against him this year.

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

But at least it’s the semis and if he gets there you’re guaranteed to AA

aside for team points I don't know that either guy cares about AA'ing at this point its natty or bust. Not to argue the seed makes sense it absolutely does not but ultimately both guys are natty champs and have age level world medals so I doubt either care all that much.

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

But at least it’s the semis and if he gets there you’re guaranteed to AA

I think Mekhi will do fine either way.  He either gets past Starocci and going for 1st or doesn't and going for 3rd, it doesn't really matter when.  

Edited by ionel

Mekhi either got a gift if Carter is seriously compromised or he got screwed.  I thought the weirdest Penn State seed was Truax behind Pinto, given how that situation was handled throughout the other seeds (situation being split matches, but the wrestler who won at conferences being seeded higher).