More cancelled student debt

5 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Plenty of people under 35 working public sector jobs my friend.

Can you stay on the track?  We’re talking about the special people who took special jobs to qualify for special education loan forgiveness. 

• Haha 2

So I tried to read up on these loan repayment programs and still can't find out if these borrowers took out the loans and the repayment program was part of the loan agreement or if they took the money out, Biden/et al. came up with the repayment program and then people signed up for the program AFTER they took the loan out.  If that is the case all the stupid excuses people have tried to give for loan forgiveness are completely that...excuses.  You take a loan out, and the terms were to pay back that amount plus interest, you should have to pay that back.  Who cares what type of job you CHOSE to work. 

Can't believe people support crap like this.....

4 hours ago, headshuck said:

Hypothetically, a new administration could cancel the cancellation right?

I used to think that executive orders could be overturned by the next executive.  Yet somehow that was administratively blocked during the last presidency.  The current executive can cancel any previous executive order he desires but the prior executive could not cancel orders of his predecessor.  Whether one is for or against the concept of extra-legislative governing the unequal application/blocking of the authority by the courts is actually a bigger issue.  The Kangaroos are multiplying and unfettered.

14 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

So I tried to read up on these loan repayment programs and still can't find out if these borrowers took out the loans and the repayment program was part of the loan agreement or if they took the money out, Biden/et al. came up with the repayment program and then people signed up for the program AFTER they took the loan out.  If that is the case all the stupid excuses people have tried to give for loan forgiveness are completely that...excuses.  You take a loan out, and the terms were to pay back that amount plus interest, you should have to pay that back.  Who cares what type of job you CHOSE to work. 

Can't believe people support crap like this.....

I'm still trying to figure out how to get repayment from my kids (ok only 2 of 3), think of all the nice things I could buy.  That said they all graduated with a job, a car and zero debt (1 with a nice bank/investment acct).  But still just think of my investment acct if I'd made 2 of the 3 take out student loans.  

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

I used to think that executive orders could be overturned by the next executive.  Yet somehow that was administratively blocked during the last presidency.  The current executive can cancel any previous executive order he desires but the prior executive could not cancel orders of his predecessor.  Whether one is for or against the concept of extra-legislative governing the unequal application/blocking of the authority by the courts is actually a bigger issue.  The Kangaroos are multiplying and unfettered.

Trump revoked some Obama executive orders. You know this stuff is public information right? lol

13 minutes ago, red viking said:

They deserve it. Public sector is underpaid, in general 

So you go to college and take out a loan out for a degree you CHOSE to get, then take a job you CHOSE to take knowing what it pays... and then complain about what the job pays...AND you think you deserve to not have to repay a loan because of the choices YOU made???

SMH

1 minute ago, Bigbrog said:

So you go to college and take out a loan out for a degree you CHOSE to get, then take a job you CHOSE to take knowing what it pays... and then complain about what the job pays...AND you think you deserve to not have to repay a loan because of the choices YOU made???

SMH

To be honest, I'm not in favor of ANY student debt cancellation. However, if they are going to help anybody out, it should be those that are in public SERVICE! 

13 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Trump revoked some Obama executive orders. You know this stuff is public information right? lol

And he tried on others and courts blocked the action.   Also public info. 

mspart

2 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

SMH

They're not complaining in this case. They chose the career with this program already established. It was part of the calculus. Sorry you don't like it.

Just now, uncle bernard said:

They're not complaining in this case. They chose the career with this program already established. It was part of the calculus. Sorry you don't like it.

Again, unless you can show me otherwise, they didn't sign up for the program when they took the loan out. 

13 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Again, unless you can show me otherwise, they didn't sign up for the program when they took the loan out. 

This is included in the MPN signed by every federal student loan recipient: 

"Public Service Loan Forgiveness A Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program is also available. Under this program, we will forgive the remaining balance due on your Direct Loans after you have made 120 payments (after October 1, 2007) on those loans under certain repayment plans while you are employed full-time by a qualifying employer. The required 120 payments do not have to be consecutive. Qualifying repayment plans include the REPAYE Plan, the PAYE Plan, the IBR Plan, the ICR Plan, and the Standard Repayment Plan with a 10-year repayment period.  Note: Although the Standard Repayment Plan with a 10-year repayment period is a qualifying repayment plan for PSLF, to receive any loan forgiveness under this program you must enter the REPAYE Plan, the PAYE Plan, the IBR Plan, or the ICR Plan, and make the majority of the 120 payments under one of those plans."

Hope this clears things up for you! 

edit: you can read the whole contract here!

https://studentaid.gov/mpn/subunsub/landing

Edited by uncle bernard
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

And the courts have also blocked some of Biden's stuff. 

Sounds like you're starting to come aboard my abolish the Supreme Court take!

What Trump EOs was Biden blocked from eliminating?

mspart

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

What Trump EOs was Biden blocked from eliminating?

mspart

Trump invoked Title 42, part of his executive authority. Courts prevented Biden from lifting it for a while.

We really gonna make the argument that the court system is unfair to republicans? lol It's like their main power hold in the country.

16 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

This is included in the MPN signed by every federal student loan recipient: 

"Public Service Loan Forgiveness A Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program is also available. Under this program, we will forgive the remaining balance due on your Direct Loans after you have made 120 payments (after October 1, 2007) on those loans under certain repayment plans while you are employed full-time by a qualifying employer. The required 120 payments do not have to be consecutive. Qualifying repayment plans include the REPAYE Plan, the PAYE Plan, the IBR Plan, the ICR Plan, and the Standard Repayment Plan with a 10-year repayment period.  Note: Although the Standard Repayment Plan with a 10-year repayment period is a qualifying repayment plan for PSLF, to receive any loan forgiveness under this program you must enter the REPAYE Plan, the PAYE Plan, the IBR Plan, or the ICR Plan, and make the majority of the 120 payments under one of those plans."

Hope this clears things up for you! 

edit: you can read the whole contract here!

https://studentaid.gov/mpn/subunsub/landing

Thanks.  Weird that even the leftist media don't lead with these important details.  Not that I agree with the program in any way, if they signed this when they took out the federal loan then it is what it is.  The other problem is, again based on what I read, these aren't the only loans being forgiven.  And my guess, which I may be wrong, they are trying to use this program as a blanket for most student loans including those which were not part of this program when they took out the loan.

54 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Of course.  Some.  The courts intervened on others which again proves we have a two tiered Kangaroo system.  Dem pres can cancel any EO by predecessor.  Rep Pres can cancel only some EOs by predecessor. 

This is also is public information, wiseguy.  Your tongue is lol-ling.

image.png.708011d9564f0a5344dbfee5ac7ec85a.png

Some executive orders are more equal than others with our Kangaroos in Robes.

9 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Thanks.  Weird that even the leftist media don't lead with these important details.  Not that I agree with the program in any way, if they signed this when they took out the federal loan then it is what it is.  The other problem is, again based on what I read, these aren't the only loans being forgiven.  And my guess, which I may be wrong, they are trying to use this program as a blanket for most student loans including those which were not part of this program when they took out the loan.

3 of the 4 groups of loan forgiveness recipients were covered in that contract: 

1) PSLF - what I posted above

2) 20 years of Income Driven Repayment payments - also included in the contract. You make your income based payments for 20 years and if there's any left it's forgiven

3) Permanent disability - included in the contract.

The fourth is for people who were part of a major class action lawsuit against more than 100 for-profit schools who committed widespread fraud.

Biden really isn't adding anything new. His admin is just processing the paperwork that they're supposed to. The reason it seems new is that Devos' department under Trump was letting the claims sit unprocessed to avoid paying them out. Sometimes they would process them, acknowledge their validity, but then put $0 for the relief amount. It was insane lol.

8 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

Of course.  Some.  The courts intervened on others which again proves we have a two tiered Kangaroo system.  Dem pres can cancel any EO by predecessor.  Rep Pres can cancel only some EOs by predecessor. 

This is also is public information, wiseguy.  Your tongue is lol-ling.

image.png.708011d9564f0a5344dbfee5ac7ec85a.png

Some executive orders are more equal than others with our Kangaroos in Robes.

And they can all reverse executive orders by passing laws through congress! You know, how our government is supposed to work!

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

And they can all reverse executive orders by passing laws through congress! You know, how our government is supposed to work!

But, us Christian conservative Republicans don't want laws passed by Congress at this time! We've been begging Biden to take Executive action on the border and to NOT do it through Congress!

We're also following the direct directive of our party boss, Inmate #PO1135809 on this,  and we agree.

• Confused 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!