PSU at Iowa match commentary

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Aaron Brooks just got one stalling call against him while taking no shots, countering one Glazier shot, and doing nothing on top.  The stalling calls have been mostly fine.  Couple of weird ones, against both teams, but that's OK. 

You argue better than anyone here, but your black and gold shades are strong.

Lol,  what?

Hill is batting 0.73 before tonight.

If/when he lost to Kerk, he’d be below the 70% auto qualifier threshold. And not likely to get back above it.

Hint: he’d lose tonight and go then go 1-1 in his two remaining matches. He’d be 12-6. No slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

If/when he lost to Kerk, he’d be below the 70% auto qualifier threshold. And not likely to get back above it.

It's still very possible that Kueter is the postseason guy.

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

He'll score 1 pt at ncaas

Exhibit A on the weird stalling calls going both ways.  What is Kerkvleit doing on top to get a stall call?  Nothing. 

ETA: I'm ok with the refs being aggressive with stalling.  Notably, this ref has not been waiting until the third to hit guys. 

Edited by VakAttack

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Exhibit A on the weird stalling calls going both ways.  What is Kerkvleit doing on top to get a stall call?  Nothing. 

Its Ben isnt working to escape.  He's laying on his belly.  That stall call was warranted 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

kinda boring 2nd part PSU bias recap

165 - Gas tank vs Gas tank.  Messy strikes first!  Not being shy shoots again after escape.  No three point stance here.  Definitely not channeling his inner Bartlett.   Iowa has 3 bloody noses in first six  bouts?  What does Brands do to their noses?  Wait stalling on Cal?  Revision Gas tank vs tanked.  Potential dangerous on Messy leg.  Please don't break it.   I wanna see him at NCAAs.  Good job by Caliendo not mailing in the last 15 seconds.

174 - Star gets 1st TD.  Will he dance or dominate going forward?  Last second TD.  When things are going your way ...   Star had 23rd birthday yesterday per radio.  Looks like Star will dominate .... Brands (and Rocco from OSU) had a better strategy - never shoot against Star.  Just hand fight.  Kennedy best offense so far is locked hands and stall by Carter.  Kennedy still attacking.  Good for him.  oh oh .... opened the door to more stallrachi posts.

184 - TruOx could be a good nickname but does not fit his style.  Bernie stall!  OMG.  Well, it is Carver.  Bernie better pin or he may stall out.  Kinda ugly (major) win.  Guess I'm entitled and showing my blue and white privilege.

197 - Opening period.  Yawn.  Wow.  Shooting on Brooks turns out badly for most.  Glazier respectable but only because Brooks had flu - you can only tell because Brooks has tape on his elbow and is short.  Blue collar, no drama victory. 

HW - The great hawk hope for Iowa next.   110 - 0 high school hope.  Quick three for Kerk.   Escape is a good sign for Iowa future.  Not riding Kerk very long a sign that he is not ready for prime time. 

• Fire 1

Just now, PortaJohn said:

Its Ben isnt working to escape.  He's laying on his belly.  That stall call was warranted 

Nah.  I just went back and watched it.  After the big mat return, BK worked his way to his base at 1:35.  GK has not left BK's hips.  BK is stuck in the base (GK behind him putting downward pressure on him).  GK break him down at 1:21.  Stall call at 1:17.

This was not a close match, but a fun one. Mich@Neb was basically the same.

These Friday Night Duals are awesome. Not good, not great, but AWESOME.

Shane 'Sparksy' is absolutely slaying it with this gig (Gibby is doing a great job, too.)

Friday Night double headers are nothing short of genius for promoting the sport. (Shades of Friday Night Fights.)

What a great time for wrestling.

• Fire 3