Upper weights - it's about time

12 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

If these ten weights are good for the rest of the world, why are they not good enough for Murica? If you are light just stuff a bald eagle into your singlet at weigh-ins.

57kg = 125.6

61kg = 134.4

65kg = 143.3

70kg = 154.3

74kg = 163.1

79kg = 174.1

86kg = 189.5

92kg = 202.8

97kg = 213.8

125kg = 275.5

There are worse things they could do, but don’t people often comment that 92 kg is weak internationally even compared to 61/70/79?  Seems weird to go 15 pounds from 174 to 189, but then the next 2 are only 13 and 11 lb increases.  The increments should increase as you go up.  And as posted above you’re basically also removing a weight where the highest # of people are (157/165)

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

There are worse things they could do, but don’t people often comment that 92 kg is weak internationally even compared to 61/70/79?  Seems weird to go 15 pounds from 174 to 189, but then the next 2 are only 13 and 11 lb increases.  The increments should increase as you go up.  And as posted above you’re basically also removing a weight where the highest # of people are (157/165)

They say the same about every non-olympic weight. 

Regarding most people at 157/165... well they can do the same thing every person ever recruited weighing over 190 pounds going into college was told: you can cut weight or you can bulk up. Or are you not committed to the team?

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Those are MFS weights.

MGR has more grapplers, internationally.  Why not use their weights?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Those are MFS weights.

MGR has more grapplers, internationally.  Why not use their weights?

Because this is America where we deliver blast doubles of freedom and let democracy ring with leg sweeps. Are you one of those greco commies that likes to wear the red singlet?

Edited by bnwtwg
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Because this is America where we deliver blast doubles of freedom and let democracy ring with leg sweeps. Are you one of those greco commies that likes to wear the red singlet?

No.  I just understand that we have two international styles I would prefer to feed in to, not just one.

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

No.  I just understand that we have two international styles I would prefer to feed in to, not just one.

Hmm...

Just dropped to 2.5 and you're skating on thin ice buster.

• Stalling 1

2 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Hmm...

Just dropped to 2.5 and you're skating on thin ice buster.

Joke is on you!  I had three other's tabbed... that actually makes it 3.5! 🤠

• Haha 1

@Wrestleknownothing when are you going to *quit playing around and give the people what we really want:

Pie charts of your favorite bars and bar graphs of your favorite pies and heat maps of your coolest places to visit?

Edited by bnwtwg

Lets not and say we did. Why would we want to essentially combine 149 & 157 just so we can add a 220ish weight? That makes zero sense. We would be eliminating some of the best wrestlers from NCAAs and welcoming in some of the worst. There are already enough complaints about the UWW weights and how little sense they make. NCAA weights are way way better imo

UWW                                       NCAA

57kg-125lbs                            125lbs

61kg-134lbs                            133lbs

65kg-143lbs                            141lbs

70kg-154lbs                            149lbs

74kg-163lbs                            157lbs

79kg-174lbs                            165lbs

86kg-190lbs                            174lbs

92kg-203lbs                           184lbs

97kg-214lbs                            197lbs

125kg-276lbs                          285lbs