Whose shoes are left on the mat in Paris?

Taylor is going to have his hands full with Brooks. I could see him going three matches with Brooks at OTTs, winning two, beating Yazdani and then coaching up Brooks for LA at the NLWC.

Works at the NLWC for a while, and builds the M2, then joins the PSU staff after LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Fire 1

31 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Taylor is going to have his hands full with Brooks. I could see him going three matches with Brooks at OTTs, winning two, beating Yazdani and then coaching up Brooks for LA at the NLWC.

Works at the NLWC for a while, and builds the M2, then joins the PSU staff after LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's always a chance he focuses on his new career as a "ruburban" (rural suburban) farmer, raising goats, cows, and cats ... and spawning more daughters.  

• Fire 1

49 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

There's always a chance he focuses on his new career as a "ruburban" (rural suburban) farmer, raising goats, cows, and cats ... and spawning more daughters.  

There are far worse things in life than living the simple, great life of being a husband and dad. We all should be so lucky. I know I am. 

• Fire 2

Burroughs shoes will be on the mat at trials, likely after a semis loss to Nolf. 
Gilman, I don’t necessarily see him as a shoes on the mat guy. 
I would love to see Alex Dieringer start fighting MMA at 170 lbs.

Does Dom Bradley finally retire from competition? He’s been out of college for ages at this point.

I see Nick Suriano, Tony Cassioppi and Alex Marinelli competing for Italy after this cycle.

Snyder is on the good side of 30, still.  He will wait around until 2028 at least.

Cox might hang them up at OTT.  Ot maybe he goes up to 125 KG afterwards... not sure.

As long as Bradley keeps winning the Open or Senior Nats he will keep wrestling.

I think we may see Dake and Taylor hang them up but I kind of expect them to make a run at OTT because of it being in LA.

JB likely has the 1 seed with Nolf having the 2 seed.  That means Nolf will need yo beat O'Toole or someone equally as badass then beat Retherford to face JB.  JB will be the onr against Dake in the Bo3.

• Fire 3

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

I say Jordan Burroughs will call it after the Olympic trials, ( if he doesn’t win). But I also think that Dake and Taylor are going to be done as well. Especially if DT wins Gold, he’ll have accomplished basically everything. 

Regarding MFS, 2024 will be a changing of the guard that has not been seen in a very long time and while I have high hopes for the next class, the experience and leadership (likely) exiting after this quad cannot be overstated. 

World teamers: JB, Taylor unless he doesn't make the team OR gets silver, Gilman if he doesn't make the team, Cox, Gwiz, Retherford. I do not think Dake retires.

Notable ladder & contenders level: Dom Bradley, Nashon Garret, Dieringer, Evan Henderson, Lugo, Pletcher

Not anticipated but wouldn't surprise me: Suriano, Zane Richards, Seth Gross, Mr. Moriah Marinelli, Starocci, Nate Jackson, Nolf

i am an idiot on the internet

39 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Regarding MFS, 2024 will be a changing of the guard that has not been seen in a very long time and while I have high hopes for the next class, the experience and leadership (likely) exiting after this quad cannot be overstated. 

World teamers: JB, Taylor unless he doesn't make the team OR gets silver, Gilman if he doesn't make the team, Cox, Gwiz, Retherford. I do not think Dake retires.

Notable ladder & contenders level: Dom Bradley, Nashon Garret, Dieringer, Evan Henderson, Lugo, Pletcher

Not anticipated but wouldn't surprise me: Suriano, Zane Richards, Seth Gross, Mr. Moriah Marinelli, Starocci, Nate Jackson, Nolf

I don't think Bradley will ever retire.  He is the ultimate gatekeeper for us and he knows that... I also think he is on board with that.  If he can still beat guys like Hendrickson, who was a U23 Medalist this year, he is still going to give it a go.

15 hours ago, stealyphil223 said:

Snyder is not retiring for years.  Dake is a big unknown.  Taylor made it seem like he almost did not come back for this cycle, so I think he is done after Paris.  

I think Dake continues until he has more gold than JB.  I think Taylor is riding off into the sunset after this Olympics.  He's said before the training is getting a bit old and he's done everything except beat Dake. 

• Fire 1

On 2/4/2024 at 5:33 PM, de4856 said:

I say Jordan Burroughs will call it after the Olympic trials, ( if he doesn’t win). But I also think that Dake and Taylor are going to be done as well. Especially if DT wins Gold, he’ll have accomplished basically everything. 

If DT wins it he's two years away from 7 with 2 olympic gold....

14 hours ago, KingOtoguro said:

Geno Petriashvili and maybe Bekzod Abdurakhmanov

What weight is Bekzod going?  Or is Zhamalov not going to wrestle 74 KG for Uzb?

16 hours ago, KingOtoguro said:

Geno Petriashvili and maybe Bekzod Abdurakhmanov

He might be slowing down but Geno ain't done as long as he keeps bringing home medals. 125 is still a crapshoot and the top 3 are interchangeable although Zare has momentum and age on his side. Perhaps Parris breaks through but that is a tall task. 

On 2/6/2024 at 10:30 AM, bnwtwg said:

He might be slowing down but Geno ain't done as long as he keeps bringing home medals. 125 is still a crapshoot and the top 3 are interchangeable although Zare has momentum and age on his side. Perhaps Parris breaks through but that is a tall task. 

Parris got handled by Masoumi.  He needs to figure out how to not let that happen as well.

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Parris got handled by Masoumi.  He needs to figure out how to not let that happen as well.

Parris is only going two ways with Masoumi and Zare: Close the gap immediately, or the doors are getting blown wide open. The hard part is that there are no training partners to get even a comp. Schultz is the closest in strength but lacks in the match simulation and technique departments because he's doing his own thing; Coon is the closest in size but greatly lacks in the other departments, again doing his own thing and domestically he was finally figured out two matches before making a double senior world team and unable to adapt through no fault of his own. 

FWIW this is a global problem not just a Parris problem. I think Masoumi would give Steveson fits as well.

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Parris is only going two ways with Masoumi and Zare: Close the gap immediately, or the doors are getting blown wide open. The hard part is that there are no training partners to get even a comp. Schultz is the closest in strength but lacks in the match simulation and technique departments because he's doing his own thing; Coon is the closest in size but greatly lacks in the other departments, again doing his own thing and domestically he was finally figured out two matches before making a double senior world team and unable to adapt through no fault of his own. 

FWIW this is a global problem not just a Parris problem. I think Masoumi would give Steveson fits as well.

I think Steveson of the 2020(1) Olympics techs this Masoumi easily.  Parris had no problem getting to his legs, he just stayed under too long.

Steveson wouldn't stay under long.  He'd get the leg and a takedown quite quickly without having to stay under that mountain.  He wouldn't get pushed out like that, either... drop and another Takedown.  EZPZ for Steveson, imho.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I think Steveson of the 2020(1) Olympics techs this Masoumi easily.  Parris had no problem getting to his legs, he just stayed under too long.

Steveson wouldn't stay under long.  He'd get the leg and a takedown quite quickly without having to stay under that mountain.  He wouldn't get pushed out like that, either... drop and another Takedown.  EZPZ for Steveson, imho.

I would be inclined to agree, but that Steveson is gone and unfortunately probably never coming back.

Imagine being so good that you can just show up and tech the world bronze who darn near made the finals...

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

watching masoumi move around mason and the proceed to get moved around by zare was one of the more alarming things ive ever seen in the sport. The two of them are 23 and 20 respectively although in iran that may mean 33 and 30 so they may have that weight on lock for a long time. Someone like greg is our best bet because of his size and being so dynamic but im not sure he can stay in the hand fight especially for 6 minutes his gas tank always concerns me a bit.