Just booked everything for 2024 NCAAs

VakAttack

I don’t think I’ll go this year. I’m very familiar with KC, so that’s not a draw for me, though I think it will be great for newbies. Festivals aren’t really my scene anymore, be they music, art, or wrestling. 

Friends and family gather at my brother’s house (8 bedrooms) and watch on a variety of TV’s. Gone are the days when if you didn’t go, you missed matches. No hotel costs and better food. 

Ticket prices have increased over 500% since I started going while simultaneously watching every match from a comfy couch is dang near free. 

it’s an awesome experience and I recommend it highly, but for me the queues, crowds, drunks, potential weather, and Iowa fans (not you, Vak), tilt the scales in favor of skipping it. 

Edited by Tigerfan
  • Fire 2

I grew up in KC so I know the city well.  I'm going to be curious to hear the comments about venue and area hospitality, like the "Power and Light District."  I have a conflict for that weekend but may see if I can attend at least a session just to get the vibe.  The Big 12 has hosted their basketball championships in KC forever and the fans seem to love it.  Be sure to post your unbiased opinion, good or bad.  Will be pulling for the Elams that weekend as they are local boys, as was their dad.  One of the only benefits of being a old codgiur is following generational progression.  Hoping you have a wonderful nationals experience in KC and want to come back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 9:30 AM, MizzouFan01 said:

@VakAttack, with news of you being in attendance at NCAAS, does this mean we will conduct our annual pick’em contest prior to your leaving for KC?

On 2/1/2024 at 2:15 PM, MizzouFan01 said:

Cant wait

I've attended seventeen tourneys: 1999, 2003-2008, and 2010-2019.  Missed 2009 due to my daughter being born. Haven't been able to attend post-COVID due to my son's state gymnastics meet being that weekend.

@VakAttack @MizzouFan01 Regarding the annual pick'em contest... I can be setup for a draft the day after brackets are released. I'm still thinking that a Zoom call will help speed up the draft process.

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, lu_alum said:

I've attended seventeen tourneys: 1999, 2003-2008, and 2010-2019.  Missed 2009 due to my daughter being born. Haven't been able to attend post-COVID due to my son's state gymnastics meet being that weekend.

@VakAttack @MizzouFan01 Regarding the annual pick'em contest... I can be setup for a draft the day after brackets are released. I'm still thinking that a Zoom call will help speed up the draft process.

I would love that. 

• Fire 2

9 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

I'm still thinking that a Zoom call will help speed up the draft process.

Imagine getting some of the old guys, zoomed up...:classic_unsure: Christ, some of the kids I work with can't turn their mic on. It was so much longer last year compared to the year before because we added folks.

Once we're all there though, it should be much quicker and smooth as a puppet on a string. 

• Haha 1