Border Wars

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

So you're argument is that he ran on open borders, but didn't do it, and his lack of opening the borders is destroying the border security?  Or that the article you're citing is lying, and he did open the borders, but also we should take their representations about his campaign at face value despite their lies?

he ran on it, the article said he ran on it, and he DID open borders which is WHY THERE IS UNPRECEDENTED MIGRANTS!

TBD

Lankford is not very conservative, his votes roil me more often than not.  

Biden campaigned saying he’d cease deportations for at least the first hundred days, conveying the message that he would be more open to illegals crossing and staying.  He then ended “Remain in Mexico” and took the other 63 steps in Ohio Elite’s post of Johnson’s speech.  

Trump battled all the dims and half the Republicans, led by Ryan and O’Connell, and fueled by the hiliary collusion hoax.  

The bill Lankford is ‘negotiating’ brushes out to solve the illegal immigration problem the same way dims always try to solve it:  just make the illegals legal.  Problem solved.  Yesterday, Mr. Johnson utilized dimocrat votes to add another ~1.5Trillion to the debt by expanding welfare to illegals.  

The economist Thomas Sowell warns us of a point of no return.  He also likes to say that it doesn’t matter how smart or educated you are if you don’t stop and think. 

• Fire 1

22 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Because the law in the area of immigration are incredibly complex, and often contradictory, due to administrations going back and forth.  Part of this current bipartisan negotiation involves (according to the negotiators) streamlining the system.

Great.  And EOs in this area are extremely ineffective, as Trump found out.  The law is too complex, contradictory, and ripe for multiple different challenges, which means nothing happens and the problem just sits there and worsens.  Something passed by Congress and signed into law is MUCH more effective in general and especially in a circumstance like this.

So the laws are so complex that we do nothing??  How is that the answer??  The whole "it's so complicated" crap is a copout and nothing but a political ploy.  To me if "smart" people can't figure out what the laws say and how to enforce them then we shut the board down until we figure it out.  Again, how is that complicated??

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Bigbrog said:

So the laws are so complex that we do nothing??  How is that the answer??  The whole "it's so complicated" crap is a copout and nothing but a political ploy.  To me if "smart" people can't figure out what the laws say and how to enforce them then we shut the board down until we figure it out.  Again, how is that complicated??

It's NOT the right answer.  That's my point.  There is a bipartisan coalition literally right now trying to do something, and the House, at the behest of Donald Trump, is killing it.

2 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Lankford is not very conservative, his votes roil me more often than not.  

Biden campaigned saying he’d cease deportations for at least the first hundred days, conveying the message that he would be more open to illegals crossing and staying.  He then ended “Remain in Mexico” and took the other 63 steps in Ohio Elite’s post of Johnson’s speech.  

Trump battled all the dims and half the Republicans, led by Ryan and O’Connell, and fueled by the hiliary collusion hoax.  

The bill Lankford is ‘negotiating’ brushes out to solve the illegal immigration problem the same way dims always try to solve it:  just make the illegals legal.  Problem solved.  Yesterday, Mr. Johnson utilized dimocrat votes to add another ~1.5Trillion to the debt by expanding welfare to illegals.  

The economist Thomas Sowell warns us of a point of no return.  He also likes to say that it doesn’t matter how smart or educated you are if you don’t stop and think. 

The bill LITERALLY IS NOT EVEN AVAILABLE TO BE READ yet, and you're judging it based off what other people are claiming it will do.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

2008 - Laws so complex that Obama didn't have a crisis

2012 - Laws so complex that Obama didn't have a crisis

2016 - Laws so complex that Trump didn't have a crisis

2020 - Massive, nation-wide migrant crisis

***ducking** nailed it, there's been no issues at the border until just this year, as a matter of fact, everybody has really loved it nad hasn't been talking about it for years.

4 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

not true. Vak told me so. 

either that or Vak conveniently forgot biden's campaign platform. 

TBD

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

***ducking** nailed it, there's been no issues at the border until just this year, as a matter of fact, everybody has really loved it nad hasn't been talking about it for years.

are you really so disingenuous as to suggest that it hasn't gotten exponentially worse under Biden

AFTER HE CAMPAIGNED ON EASING RESTRICTIONS AND DEPORTATIONS!?!?!?!?

TBD

11 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

So you're argument is that he ran on open borders, but didn't do it, and his lack of opening the borders is destroying the border security?  Or that the article you're citing is lying, and he did open the borders, but also we should take their representations about his campaign at face value despite their lies?

Good grief ... wake up!

illustration-funny-cartoon-creature-anim

• Fire 1

Anything beyond stopping illegal immigration and fast-tracked return-home paths for those illegals who entered the USA is dead on arrival.

Now, how many years of entry before 2023 do we want to deport illegals?  5 years?  8 years?

At what cutoff will we grandfather birthright citizenship and end the misinterpreted policy? 2020?

Edited by jross
  • Fire 2

4 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Nope.  You said he campaigned on open borders.  He did not.  You're just making things up.

2 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

are you really so disingenuous as to suggest that it hasn't gotten exponentially worse under Biden

AFTER HE CAMPAIGNED ON EASING RESTRICTIONS AND DEPORTATIONS!?!?!?!?

So there was a problem before?  You agree with that?

He’s a very confused fellow.  He says I’m basing my opinion on what people are claiming.  Well, yeah, what the negotiators Synema and Lankford have said, and how they said it. 

Libs: The right is playing games by not agreeing to sign the immigration bill

Also Libs: you can't even read the draft of the immigration bill yet. 

Again, you're just fighting strawmen.  My point is that they're killing the bill without having seen it, not that they have to agree to it sight unseen.  However, I'm also pointing out that the reason they're vocally killing it is simply because Trump (and apparently they) are perfectly fine letting this get worse for actual American citizens to try to help Trump's electoral prospects.

5 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

He’s a very confused fellow.  He says I’m basing my opinion on what people are claiming.  Well, yeah, what the negotiators Synema and Lankford have said, and how they said it. 

Where did they say what you're claiming?

• Fire 1

Vak, play me in Fortnite right now. i'm gonna light you up, son.

I'm an adult.  And bad at video games, lol, which is why I used the excuse of being an adult.  Three kids kills my free time, lol, I literally can not wait for Kansas City.  I used to be good at video games!

Edited by VakAttack

6 minutes ago, jross said:

Anything beyond stopping illegal immigration and fast-tracked return-home paths for those illegals who entered the USA is dead on arrival.

Now, how many years of entry before 2023 do we want to deport illegals?  5 years?  8 years?

At what cutoff will we grandfather birthright citizenship and end the misinterpreted policy? 2020?

Trump plans to enact Eisenhower’s “Operation Wetback” on steroids.  

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Again, you're just fighting strawmen.  My point is that they're killing the bill without having seen it, not that they have to agree to it sight unseen.  However, I'm also pointing out that the reason they're vocally killing it is simply because Trump (and apparently they) are perfectly fine letting this get worse for actual American citizens to try to help Trump's electoral prospects.

Where did they say what you're claiming?

Trump, nor us conservatives, want to preserve the issue.  We want Biden to shut the border down now, he doesn’t need a new law to do that.  Biden and the dims want amnesty.  Otherwise, they’d shut the border down to improve their electoral prospects. 

Listen to them.  What they say, what they don’t answer, what they dance around.  You are one of the main ones here that needs to “stop and think.”  I just hope you hire out your detective work. 

58 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Nope.  You said he campaigned on open borders.  He did not.  You're just making things up.

Nope:

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/14/912060869/biden-pledges-to-dismantle-trumps-sweeping-immigration-changes-but-can-he-do-tha

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is pledging to dismantle the sweeping changes President Trump has made to the American immigration system, if he wins the White House in November.

mspart

8 minutes ago, mspart said:

Nope:

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/14/912060869/biden-pledges-to-dismantle-trumps-sweeping-immigration-changes-but-can-he-do-tha

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is pledging to dismantle the sweeping changes President Trump has made to the American immigration system, if he wins the White House in November.

mspart

The idea that "not Trump's policies" is the same thing as "open borders" is just a false equivalency.

Biden is also on record saying he will close the border if the new bill passes IF the border gets overwhelmed.    So why pass a new bill?   Apparently the border is not overwhelmed now.   He could close the border at any time by enforcing current law.   He is being disingenuous.   

mspart

• Fire 2

7 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

The idea that "not Trump's policies" is the same thing as "open borders" is just a false equivalency.

Only in your mind.  Trump had the border under control.   By any measure Biden has the border completely out of control.   So anyone with logic can put 2 and 2 together and figure this out unless they don't want to. 

mspart

• Fire 2