Border Wars

39 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Yes. It is torture. You might only feel that waterboarding and electro shock is considered torture but psychological torture does exist and causes real damage. If you were unaware of that, it would be surprising but not shocking. 

Do you agree that separating children from their parents is torture? 

How about not having the decency to collect/retain info to reunite the children with their parents? Should that be taken up by congress as a potentially criminal act? I would love to see your answer, as to why or why not? 

Who was it that psychologically tortured you?   Whoever it was caused insurmountable damage to you.  

Edited by JimmyBT

1 hour ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Millions of students would be unable to get to and from school.

I don't think about visa holders and non-immigrant students as immigrants. If I did, they would be classified as legal immigrants.  If that's how you think about them, then fair point.

40 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Do you agree that separating children from their parents is torture? 

How about not having the decency to collect/retain info to reunite the children with their parents? Should that be taken up by congress as a potentially criminal act? I would love to see your answer, as to why or why not? 

My argument is with your accusation that Trump 'literally' tortured the children.  I'm surprised you didn't say, 'and the evil man enjoyed it hugely.'  What did the article say about this from what was provided before?  It was several comments ago...

It seems we have many on this board who know better than the Democratic pro-crime politicians of New York, Massachusetts, Chicago, Denver, Philadelphia, etc that there is no illegal alien problem.  Those silly dems.  Let's get them on this board so they can find out for sure that there is no problem and it is all in their imagination.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

Libs: "stopping mass illegals at the mexican border is impossible"

Texas:

I saw this on the news last night.    Looks like walls and fences work.   Razor wire is an especially effective deterrent.   You don't want to get caught in that stuff.   Barbed wire is much more forgiving. 

But remember, remember, remember :  Biden's greatest desire is to stop this illegal incursion, he'd close the border if he just had the power to do so.   But he went to SCOTUS to be able to cut down the razor wire.    The news above makes that a little tough to do because it becomes WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY apparent that if he does that, he is a liar.    Now we know that anyway, but he will prove it to the world so no one can deny.   Talk about painting yourself into a corner.  

I've heard that federal efforts to remove the razor wire is not happening.  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/border-patrol-has-no-plans-remove-razor-wire-set-up-texas-amid-feud-biden-admin

Border Patrol union is against removing the razor wire.   Poor Biden.  

mspart

Edited by mspart

I saw in the news a few days ago that the 5000 person per day limit was absolutely not in the bill.    Well it is. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/does-new-immigration-bill-5000-illegal-border-crossings-per-day-rcna136656

This was printed before the bill was out.   Their sources were wrong

Former President Donald Trump, House Speaker Mike Johnson and other right-wing Republicans say they oppose an emerging bipartisan immigration deal because it would allow 5,000 migrants to illegally cross the southern border every day.

... But that's not actually what the bipartisan deal would do, according to negotiators who are finalizing the details before they release the full text of the legislation, possibly later this week.

So there goes NBC lying to the public that Trump is a scare monger.    Truth is, 4000 crossing a day fro 7 days MAY result in a border closure, 5000 crossing a day WILL cause a border closure, and 8500 on any one day will close the border.    Does this sound like progress in the situation?   It codifies the current situation.   And what makes us think Biden would abide by this law?   This is an effort to hamstring any future president that wants to bring sanity to the border situation.   It is impossible to think this was bipartisan.   Senate still has not voted on it. 

mspart

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

Why don't President Trump or the House GOP support Border Patrol?

Why wasn’t this done in 2021 or 2022 when dems had total control?   Why not support the border patrol then? 

1 hour ago, JimmyBT said:

Why wasn’t this done in 2021 or 2022 when dems had total control?   Why not support the border patrol then? 

I don't know, maybe the situation wasn't as bad back then?  How is this a justification for not doing it now?

Doing what now?   This maintains the status quo essentially.    The House provided the Senate with HR 2 and the Senate ignored it.   Why is their bill more important and getting all the press?   The HR 2 is a better bill.   Why not give it some traction?   This bill barely does more for Ukraine and Israel than it does for the border.   And it codifies 5000 illegal immigrants a day before closing things down.     That's 1.8 million illegal immigrants a year.   That's not border control.

mspart

• Fire 2

Just now, mspart said:

Doing what now?   This maintains the status quo essentially.    The House provided the Senate with HR 2 and the Senate ignored it.   Why is their bill more important and getting all the press?   The HR 2 is a better bill.   Why not give it some traction?   This bill barely does more for Ukraine and Israel than it does for the border.   And it codifies 5000 illegal immigrants a day before closing things down.     That's 1.8 million illegal immigrants a year.   That's not border control.

mspart

The literal Border Patrol Union is telling you this is not true, and yet here you are,  the guy with the real answers. 

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

The literal Border Patrol Union is telling you this is not true, and yet here you are,  the guy with the real answers. 

I doubt that.  I’d have to see the union member vote tally.  President Trump will take care of it with his new DEI program.  Deport Every Illegal. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

I doubt that.  I’d have to see the union member vote tally.  President Trump will take care of it with his new DEI program.  Deport Every Illegal. 

It's weird how he didn't do that the first time. Almost as if he doesn't really care about the things he screams about unless they somehow help or enrich him.

27 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

It's weird how he didn't do that the first time. Almost as if he doesn't really care about the things he screams about unless they somehow help or enrich him.

Believe the pre vaccinations are now available. 

9 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

He tried to get it in the first two years through a McConnell/Ryan led Congress that was enamored with the Hiliary/FBI collusion fraud.  That he accomplished what he did is testament to his ability.  He built some wall and did it constitutionally, and had the crossings down to a small fraction of what they are now.  How in your TDS peened mind do you account for that helping or enriching him?  Especially when he’s in the construction business and lost billions to serve as President. 

• Haha 1