Flo Disaster!

PortaJohn

1 minute ago, Major Kong said:

Isn't CKLV one of their showcase events? The production values (and I use the term extremely loosely) are like a high school AV department. And their "Arena" doesn't update, doesn't function and just plain sucks.

The Arena is usually great, this is actually the first time I've seen an issue with the current version of it. (and it's updating, just very slowly)

This thread isn't a reference to CKLV, at all. It's a reference to the Penn State/Rider dual.

7 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

The Arena is usually great, this is actually the first time I've seen an issue with the current version of it. (and it's updating, just very slowly)

This thread isn't a reference to CKLV, at all. It's a reference to the Penn State/Rider dual.

It's a reference, more broadly, to how bad Flo is for a pay streaming service.

• Fire 2

We act surprised.

Anyone else recall the Penn St - OK St dual 5 or 6 years ago? Flo hyped it for weeks, and attracted a record number of viewers... before the entire feed crashed after 133 and remained down for the duration of the meet. If memory serves correctly, they ended up using a backup feed that was essentially from some random dude's phone. They later issued a ham-fisted and insincere "apology", but refused to refund anyone. 

Yet for some reason I pay my annual subscription, year after year. 

I was running a small local event. I usually check the tiles to see if data is getting through. It was.

A friend who was also running something near by texted me noticing the brackets weren't updating. Neither were mine. I checked with the guy running Vegas and he knew and knew that Flo was working on it. The problem was entirely online as I could see scores were attempting to send and rejected by the arena. It caught up at one point and then went down again. I left my event and brought my server machine here and let it keep trying while I was doing something else. It took quite a while to finish and be received.

🤨All you guys are really bummed out at what FLO botched in ("trying"😒) to stream that dual...

😁HOW ABOUT A ROUND OF APPLAUSE for those DANCING CHIMPS, THE REALLY WORKED HARD for ALL OF YOU!😁

Monkeys GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Hey Now!😆

D3

• Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.