DeSantis pulls out of the race.

33 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

It is a shame that the Republican primary is now down to Trump and the lady who was in charge of security at the capitol on Jan. 6.

Yes its a crazy country we live in.

il_fullxfull.4923509410_hhmg.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Stalling 1

7 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Which is so much better than being ... a hateful and angry country.

Hateful and angry isn't a good place to be.

Not a place anyone should hope for.

Maybe best not to pick leaders who are hateful and angry. 

We are going on 16 years of angry leaders and looks like guaranteed another 4, not much an individual common man/woman can do about it.  😕

2 hours ago, ionel said:

We are going on 16 years of angry leaders and looks like guaranteed another 4, not much an individual common man/woman can do about it.  😕

individual common man/woman as a collective group can stop voting for them.

But that would be hard.

3 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

But that would be hard.

I think the answer is that the individual common man needs to start running for the positions rather than the idiots currently running.   But that won't happen because the common man has to feed his and his family's face.   Using man here as generic, could be man and/or woman.  

mspart

15 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

But that would be hard.

Some of us have, it hasn't changed.  

1 hour ago, mspart said:

I think the answer is that the individual common man needs to start running for the positions rather than the idiots currently running.  

mspart

Agree with this and have talked about this before.  But I’ve said that politics is no longer a career for the noble who truly want to serve their community/state/etc. 

12 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Who is the ‘you’ in that sentence? 

IDK:  are you voting for Haley to change things.  That appears to be the only option this time.  

I’m not registered in either party, so she’d have to make the ballot first. Then we’ll see. Haven’t voted for a main party president in a bit. 

I will say she’s been my favorite of any candidate for ‘24

Edited by WrestlingRasta

6 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I’m not registered in either party, so she’d have to make the ballot first. Then we’ll see. Haven’t voted for a main party president in a bit. 

And here in lies the solution.  Enough Dem & Ind would have to say this election is so important that I'm going to register Rep just so there's a chance to beat Biden with a reasonable candidate.  Therein lies the you.

1 minute ago, ionel said:

And here in lies the solution.  Enough Dem & Ind would have to say this election is so important that I'm going to register Rep just so there's a chance to beat Biden with a reasonable candidate.  Therein lies the you.

Huh?

6 hours ago, mspart said:

I think the answer is that the individual common man needs to start running for the positions rather than the idiots currently running.   But that won't happen because the common man has to feed his and his family's face.   Using man here as generic, could be man and/or woman.  

mspart

Listen to the ~#3 Rep & #2or3 Dem in NH, they sound like reasonable folk but ...

4 hours ago, ionel said:

And here in lies the solution.  Enough Dem & Ind would have to say this election is so important that I'm going to register Rep just so there's a chance to beat Biden with a reasonable candidate.

Exactly what I'm planning to do.

Bernie Pragle used to say that we all probably agree on much more than we disagree on. I suspect he was right.

It's just that the parts we don't agree on get most of the focus (I'll call it the squeaky-wheel effect - why pay attention to the wheels that work fine?)

8 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Exactly what I'm planning to do.

Bernie Pragle used to say that we all probably agree on much more than we disagree on. I suspect he was right.

It's just that the parts we don't agree on get most of the focus (I'll call it the squeaky-wheel effect - why pay attention to the wheels that work fine?)

I've generally found when you talk to the actual people in organizations there is a lot you can agree on, when you talk to the leaders - not so much. 

• Fire 1

Both of the two major parties are so incredibly pathetic.  Hopefully we don't see weak people who are bullied into the idea that votes only matter if for D or R.  This is a braindead idea, and if you encounter someone that thinks that, you can probably discount most other things they have to say.