Buchanan in the portal

WrestlingFan89

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/10063879-two-time-all-american-stephen-buchanan-transfers-to-oklahoma

Officially announced, but for all the chatter last year, this one gave me a chuckle:

Oklahoma currently has eighth-year senior Keegan Moore as their starting 1997-pounder. Moore made the round of 16 last season for the Sooners at 184-pounds. 

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

That is a big boy

I was going to say 8 years seems excessive but yeah a kid that size probably gonna slow him down a bit, I'm betting there's some classes he couldn't even get in.  

Edited by ionel

14 hours ago, MNRodent said:

John Smith originally wanted him at 174, so he must be overcompensating 🤷‍♂️

If John Smith wanted him at 174 then 197 is the weight class he should probably be at.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 11/30/2022 at 1:48 PM, Warm Up Champ said:

Anyone get the screenshots of Branch's wife tweets on this subject before they were deleted.  

Minnow did.  It was a photo saying “there’s something wrong with your character if ‘opportunity’ controls your loyalty”

• 1 year later...

So because he had been in the portal before he is technically still in?

I am having trouble understanding how this is a go.  Grad transfers are beholden to the same window now, are they not?

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I am having trouble understanding how this is a go.  Grad transfers are beholden to the same window now, are they not?

I think the portal re-opens before the fall and winter semester for grad transfers.

Edited by Truzzcat

50 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I think the portal re-opens before the fall and winter semester for grad transfers.

No, it was changed for all winter sports to be a one time thing just this last year.

@flyingcementdo you have the info on that?

We talked about it more in-depth on the TP thread.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

No idea, but I read somewhere that they could enter when it opens back up and be eligible for spring semester?

On 12/1/2022 at 9:12 AM, Le duke said:

Nothing worse than people from Wyoming who come down into CO on the weekend to do their shopping, go to restaurants, see movies, etc. There’s a significant increase in DUIs, accidents, etc. in Fort Collins due to out of state registered vehicles and their drivers on the weekend. It would be great if they would just stay there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel the same about front range folks going west on the weekends &/or summer.  The mountain range is there for a reason ... stay on your side!  🤨

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

I feel the same about front range folks going west on the weekends &/or summer.  The mountain range is there for a reason ... stay on your side!  🤨

Well, it looks like you might get your wish. Hopefully a significant drop off in fires and Texas wheelchairs.

https://www.koaa.com/news/covering-colorado/proposed-change-would-close-72-of-the-pike-national-forest-to-dispersed-target-shooting

15 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

Apparently, the same offer of 500k for a semester was extended to Teemer. I thought he could not make 157 any longer so I don't know how he fits into their lineup. Perhaps they should start paying recruits rather than guys for a single semester.

Has Teemer said where he is wrestling next year yet?

22 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I don't understand this move from a long term success perspective. Wouldn't endowing the RTC with mucho dinero yield greater ROI? 

These two things don't have to mutually exclusive. NLWC and CKWC seem to have no problem paying big money for transfers and endowing the RTC with mucho dinero.

If they wanted to win a national title I think they should have addressed the needs at wherever drake does not going 125/133 and 141. They would have gotten points at 157 and 197 regardless. I don't think you can beat Penn State giving up a doughnut at two weights potentially although I do think Drake should go 125 and Peterson has upside at 133. Schriever feel like he could not be a NQ at 141 though.