Penn State at Oregon State, 1/5 8pm EST/5pm PST

Le duke

39 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

unfortunately the answer is most likely no - Pac 12 Live will be showing it.  depends on what kind of cable you have

twisted? 

5 hours ago, Fred said:

Maybe it’s one of the keys to their success. Avoid top competition as much as possible, let the rest of the field beat each other up, then swoop in at the end and clean house 

Lol

6 hours ago, Fred said:

Why does PSU always seem to wrestle a weak schedule prior to B10 duals? I mean, who have they taken on so far? Hofstra? Lehigh?

meanwhile, tOSU, for example, has faced VA tech, NC State, CKLV, Cornell tomorrow , among others. Look at most of the other top teams and you find they’ve all wrestled tougher schedules than the number 1 ranked team. Wth?

Because their room is already harder than anything they’ll face in competition.  They also don’t need the matches with all the competition they get in throughout the year.

A major part of their success is they classically under-wrestle in-season volume, they have for a long time, and they are rewarded with healthier teams and natl titles.  

Dual meets are just dress rehearsals to them.  

6 hours ago, Fred said:

Why does PSU always seem to wrestle a weak schedule prior to B10 duals? I mean, who have they taken on so far? Hofstra? Lehigh?

meanwhile, tOSU, for example, has faced VA tech, NC State, CKLV, Cornell tomorrow , among others. Look at most of the other top teams and you find they’ve all wrestled tougher schedules than the number 1 ranked team. Wth?

18 hours ago, Fred said:

PSU is clearly scared of the teams you mention.  They’d rather their team wrestle senior level events so that any losses their guys take, don’t count for NCAA seeding.   They’d rather have half their team in the all-star classic as well because those matches don’t count so losses don’t hurt them come seeding time. Cael is gaming the system

I think it should be mandatory going forward that Tom Ryan give Cael instructions on how to set up a proper schedule. 

you bring up some good points Fred

22 hours ago, Le duke said:

A lot of top 15 matchups in this one. One of the better duals of the weekend.

125: Davis vs #15 Kaylor

133: #4 Nagao vs #26 Whisenhunt

141: # Bartlett vs #25 Belton

149: Kasak or Evans vs #12 Singleton (UPSET ALERT!)

157: #1 Haines vs Crosby

165: #12 Mesenbrink vs. #10 Olguin (UPSET ALERT!)

174: #1 Starocci vs #7 Wittlake

184: #2 Truax vs #6 Munoz

197: #1 Brooks vs #30 Rademacher

285: #1 Kerkvliet vs #12 McDermott

I'd like to point out that I don't think Mesenbrink beating Olguin or Kasak beating Singleton would be upsets; I EXPECT them to happen. I think Davis will give Kaylor a good match, too. Might be a bit too early to expect a win but he's susprised me so far.

I have it going like you except I have no clue what to expect at 149. 

I have never seen Singleton wrestle and I do see his lofty ranking on Intermat. His wrestlestat ranking is like #74. 

I like to use my “eye test,” when predicting a match. Kasak hasn’t set world on fire yet, and never seen this kid Singelton. 

have you seen the kid wrestle LeDuke?  Or just going off Wrestlestat results?  

56 minutes ago, Pish said:

I have it going like you except I have no clue what to expect at 149. 

I have never seen Singleton wrestle and I do see his lofty ranking on Intermat. His wrestlestat ranking is like #74. 

I like to use my “eye test,” when predicting a match. Kasak hasn’t set world on fire yet, and never seen this kid Singelton. 

have you seen the kid wrestle LeDuke?  Or just going off Wrestlestat results?  

Singleton was our 2nd 141 who bumped up. In his first match He lost to Voinivich in OT in a match he should have won. He beat Kinner. Placed at Vegas Still settling in to the weight. Should be a good match with Kasak. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

FWIW, if you're interested in watching and don't have PAC12, you can sign up for a free 7 day trial on FuboTV. Make sure you add the Sports Plus with NFL Redzone option. That will give you the PAC12 access.

Then, search for Penn State vs. Oregon State. You can record it on the FuboTV website for later viewing.

15 hours ago, Le duke said:

“Why doesn’t Penn State replicate the training and competition schedules of the teams they pistol whip in duals and at NCAAs?!?!????”-Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol whip? Are you 12? Were you ever a wrestler?

4 hours ago, Pish said:

PSU is clearly scared of the teams you mention.  They’d rather their team wrestle senior level events so that any losses their guys take, don’t count for NCAA seeding.   They’d rather have half their team in the all-star classic as well because those matches don’t count so losses don’t hurt them come seeding time. Cael is gaming the system

I think it should be mandatory going forward that Tom Ryan give Cael instructions on how to set up a proper schedule. 

you bring up some good points Fred

Never suggested they were scared of other teams, that would be ridiculous. I do wonder if avoiding competition with other top teams for the first half of the season gives them an advantage come tournament time. The team race might be more interesting if PSU wrestled the tough schedules of the other top teams.

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

FWIW, if you're interested in watching and don't have PAC12, you can sign up for a free 7 day trial on FuboTV. Make sure you add the Sports Plus with NFL Redzone option. That will give you the PAC12 access.

Then, search for Penn State vs. Oregon State. You can record it on the FuboTV website for later viewing.

Sometimes for minor sports you can access the pac12 feed for free from the schedule at event time.  Problem is you never know till then.  The free 7 day trial generally only works once unless you keep feeding new email addresses.  

15 minutes ago, Fred said:

Never suggested they were scared of other teams, that would be ridiculous. I do wonder if avoiding competition with other top teams for the first half of the season gives them an advantage come tournament time. The team race might be more interesting if PSU wrestled the tough schedules of the other top teams.

They have Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan, and Ohio State on the schedule (all top 10 teams).  Being in the B10 you can't escape tough competition.  Also, Cael's regular season strategy is working for the program.  Can't deny the results 

• Haha 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

They have Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan, and Ohio State on the schedule (all top 10 teams).  Being in the B10 you can't escape tough competition.  Also, Cael's regular season strategy is working for the program.  Can't deny the results 

Michigan?  😯

5 hours ago, Idaho said:

Singleton was our 2nd 141 who bumped up. In his first match He lost to Voinivich in OT in a match he should have won. He beat Kinner. Placed at Vegas Still settling in to the weight. Should be a good match with Kasak. 

Kinner is a nice win. But then I see he got destroyed in some matches. Crazy that one solid win gets him up that high

as far as VV?  I pray Iowa starts Rathjen. VV could be the most boring wrestler in history

Edited by Pish
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, Fred said:

Was just messing with you a little bit..

Truth of the matter as a huge PSU fan is I’d love if they wrestled every week against anyone. That being said..if the coach who’s won what? 10 out of last 12 feels he knows what’s best for his atheletes. Who am I to question it?

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

Good. I think Evans can be an NQ quite easily. He’s had good/great matches with a lot of good wrestlers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He lost a close one to Malyke Hines and in OT to Kasak.    He's very good.  and apparently he's the top dodgeball player on the team.  

• Fire 1

I see tonight's dual in my DVR queue on sling tv. I believe they offer a 7 day free trial as well, although you would have to select the blue+orange+sports extra channel bundle. I know it sounds like a lot but out of all the live TV providers I like it the most in terms of interface. I actually like youtube TV more but that damn google has some nifty little algorithm running that somehow can tell if you are a past customer returning for a free trial under a new email (even if it's not a gmail account)

2 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I see tonight's dual in my DVR queue on sling tv. I believe they offer a 7 day free trial as well, although you would have to select the blue+orange+sports extra channel bundle. I know it sounds like a lot but out of all the live TV providers I like it the most in terms of interface. I actually like youtube TV more but that damn google has some nifty little algorithm running that somehow can tell if you are a past customer returning for a free trial under a new email (even if it's not a gmail account)

Perhaps if you run a VPN they couldn't track your IP and Mac.  

• Fire 1